8th edition wish list

Triszin

But BA, GK and DA didn't (and I don't think DG or 1kSons did either), and they're the closer to SW as 'Marine sub factions' than IG and some xenos. So 'Company Tactics' still seems like a bit of a pipe dream.

Going to be honest I think BA and DA are going to get a new codex or supplement when their primarchs come along. GK well they don't have the diversity the other chapters do and i think will stay pretty much with one trait.

I’d expect a strong chapter tactic and then stratagems to take advantage of it. I don’t even know where to begin speculating on what that chapter tactic could be. Perhaps something along the lines of counter-attack and counter-charge again? They could do something with morale manipulation and being able to charge with nearby units during your opponents charge phase, similar to the stratagem that Custodes received. They’re setting the bar high with the other codices bringing back the uniqueness of their respective armies. I’m pretty stoked about y’all codex.

I want the codex to read: Vlka Fenryka and not Space Wolves. But that’s just me. Model wise I’d love to have MK9 armour for the regular sized marines. Which is a combination of MK3 and current armour aesthetics with subtle hints of Norse implementation. New Ragnar and Arjac plastics. Stand-alone create your own Rune Priest or Wolf Priest plastic models. Omission of Canis Wolfborn from codex! New shamastic powers, more defensive. 13th Company warfare and ideologies meshed in with current chapter operations. Better fluff progression. Bran Redmaw updated rules and plastic model. Chapter tactics similar to Inferno book.

I want the codex to read: Vlka Fenryka and not Space Wolves. But that’s just me. Model wise I’d love to have MK9 armour for the regular sized marines. Which is a combination of MK3 and current armour aesthetics with subtle hints of Norse implementation. New Ragnar and Arjac plastics. Stand-alone create your own Rune Priest or Wolf Priest plastic models. Omission of Canis Wolfborn from codex! New shamastic powers, more defensive. 13th Company warfare and ideologies meshed in with current chapter operations. Better fluff progression. Bran Redmaw updated rules and plastic model. Chapter tactics similar to Inferno book.

,aybe have the ce be vylka

,aybe have the ce be vylka

Get outta the mead, triszin.

In light of the recent leaks about Necrons being out by the end of the month it makes that originally leaked release schedule for 2018 seem more likely. So we could very well be seeing our Codex out by May so I wanted to re-light the wish-list thread now. See the schedule I am talking about below and keep in mind I did not type it so all the grammatical errors can be attributed to poster.

So what are we looking for in our Codex and what would we like to see as a wish-list for our beloved Vlka Fenryka?

Haygsti70K3_C_UQWdI362_x210HyYiDUX-nD8Ye

That list is looking more accurate day by day.

I was hoping it wasn't true and that the only two armies I am interested in playing weren't going to be back to back (SW & DE) haha. Although it looks like the list switched the Harlequins with Dark Eldar.

My wishlist is good stratagems, Russ, and that they don't nerf anything. I still think a few units could come down in cost- Terminators, Wulfen, and TWC. I hope that some of our characters get better parity with equivalent Characters from other armies.

I'd agree with terminators being priced inefficiently.  They just don't really have a place on the table at 2 wounds per model. 

As for the Wulfen, what would you be willing to sacrifice in order to make them cheaper?  They're indeed expensive, but at some point the utility and threat will have to be sacrificed in order to make them cheaper.  The Wulfen are still the nastiest dedicated combat unit I face on a regular basis.  I've essentially stopped fighting them in combat, and have started kiting them around the table when I'm out of chaff to feed them  Especially when looking at 5+ storm shields.  They're in a bad spot, but I'd expect them to get 1 or 2 stratagems solely for them to increase their impact without sacrificing their damage capabilities.  I don't see them getting cheaper.

TWC are in a tough spot too.  They went from pretty good to almost irrelevant over night.  Making them cheaper will be tough as well without making them worse.  Not being able to end their movement on anything other than the ground level of ruins has really hurt them.  I'd hope for something that can help get around that.  A speed buffing stratagem could do wonders for them too.  Giving them the ability to advance and charge for 1 CP would be pretty great.  Its hard to say what they'll do, but they need more than a points decrease imo.

The codex power creep has hit you guys pretty hard.  I know I don't have to tell you that.  I'm expecting a pretty great chapter tactic and some stellar stratagems for you guys though.  I don't know how he'd be received from the community, but if Russ isn't included in your release that'd be a damned shame.  You deserve something for waiting nearly a year.  

Terminators for every SM faction are pricey. For their cost they just don't do enough damage.

You're right about Wulfen and TWC. My problem with wulfen and TWC isn't their cost. Their niche as high-costed melee beatsticks don't fit in this edition. The melee beatsticking role goes to characters that can hide until they are close enough to strike.

I would settle for those 1 or two stratagems you speak of to increase their impact. For high-cost melee beatstick units I just find them lacking in this edition because they are so easily neutralized or they spend the whole game eating chaff. It's not the problem with the wulfen as it is a problem with the battlefield role they fill does not fit this edition's meta.

You're correct that bringing them down in cost probably won't be the fix.

I think there is a chance that TWC get reroll charge just as a unit special rule. Last year, I was watching a podcast of some play-testers talking about the index.

Person 1: "TWC are back! reroll to charges!"

Person 2: *looks at camera with an OH :cuss look on his face* "Uhh I don't think they have that rule in the index. Maybe you remember that from playtest and it didn't make it into the index"

At the very least it was a rule they were thinking about but decided against. There is a chance it comes back. Especially when Canis and Fen Wolves get it now.

That’s pretty interesting. Rerolling charges would help them quite a bit. Their 10” movement is in an odd place too. I understand from a thematic perspective, but that rarely has a place in making a unit choice valid. This is more of an aside, but the TWC crushing teeth and claws (I think that’s what they’re called) kill more of my guys than the riders on their backs. Anyways, I’d hope for something to make them faster at a key moment during a game, and something to increase their effective charge range.

As for beat stick units, you’re correct there too. The current state of the game does these dedicated units no favors. The stratagems help though. I’d point as Death Company as an example. Sure, I’m biased, but it can’t be denied they were pretty subpar before the codex dropped. They didn’t get anything major in terms of the unit themselves. They did get some character buffs and specific stratagems that make them an auto include for me now.

Hi brothers. 

Have you heard something about new Leman / SW models? What I have heard is:

New Black Legion will be in a boxed set with new Space Wolves, new Abbadon model and Chaos Chosen, plus a new Wolves character and some other stuff. End of year for the boxed set,

Russ is returning - old man Russ, looks a bit like Odin - and he will POSSIBLY have 2 forms like Morathi.

Yes, I've heard he kills daemons by the hundreds. And if HE were here, he'd consume heretics with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.

:laugh.:

I've heard he has a spear, a long spear, twice as long as a man.

Yes, I've heard he kills daemons by the hundreds. And if HE were here, he'd consume heretics with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.

and he has a 8 Legged Fenrisian Warp ghost wolf, FREGKI

and he has a 8 Legged Fenrisian Warp ghost wolf, FREGKI

Sleip-fregeri 

I'm hoping for a Rout themed rule, even if its CP, where you can spend to prevent a unit from falling back from combat. That would even help the overall of the army speed where once you get stuck in Allfather help you.

I think that death company is much more competitive than Wulfen/TWC now. DC are super killy but dont pay a premium for being more sturdy. And the sturdiness is negligible. I would rather have more bodies. The meta is much more kind to that Berzerker-equivalent than multi-wound beatsticks.

I agree Death Company were subpar before the dex. Now they are competitive. I heard a lot of BA lists used them effectively at LVO

Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR MJOD!

To the OP, so rumors, applied with plenty of seasoning, will not a fulfilling  meal make.

'tis a wee bit early yet to pull much substance from rumors.

• 1 month later...

I had a thought with the Deathwatch rumors, what wou'd you all think if this (in some form) was the new Acute sences?

" - Stratagem auspex scan but work without deepstrike against xenos ( they take examples pointys ears that come at 12”inch and you shoot at them) " - via FAEIT/ some youtube channel

Could be kinda cool and its plausible since they re-use tons of these suckers.

Archived