HH Rulebook - rules updates discussion

Charlo

So based on early reports all we have are some combi weapons in need of a FAQ, something about a Grav Imploder, slightly better Vector Strike, more grenades in combat and replacement of invisibility

Not much to get excited about?

Uhh... now that I check, they did change that, I'm afraid. It's a similar change to Sub-orbital Strike Wings, where you select from your own army list or the "Panoply of War" list (the Baneblade and Macharius chassis super-heavies, Marauder bombers, Thunderbolt & Avenger fighters, etc). Feels like an extremely regressive change, honestly.

I'm comparing the new rulebook to the Legiones Astartes: AoD Army List's LoW choices, for whatever that's worth.

The most stunning thing about that release are all the problems people have with stuff.

What is it with Boarding Shields?

And there was all these people that had all these problems with the Death of Hope trailer....:dry.:

Am I seeing a pattern here? Is there there a segment of the Heresy community that just likes complaining?

The most stunning thing about that release are all the problems people have with stuff.

And there was all these people that had all these problems with the Death of Hope trailer....:dry.:

Am I seeing a pattern here? Is there there a segment of the Heresy community that just likes complaining?

What the problem could be and often is, is that some subset complains just to make noise, another portion raises valid critiques. When the two post back to back it cheapens the fair critiques into looking like more squaking.

As far as this book goes, by no means am I surprised there are already errors, I was so flattened by the lack of response by FW in regards to inferno's issues (talons list) that I am certain more errors would crop up.

What actually blows my mind is that at most people's jobs, making huge errors that lead to customers taking issue with your product constantly would usually lead to...finding workers who have their skills together.

Oh well. I have at least two people within 200km who want to give 30k a go again!

So based on early reports all we have are some combi weapons in need of a FAQ,

You can use the stats as written in the book without any problems. Maybe it is a typo but even if it is one it doesn't makes any problems in understanding how it works.

It may be a little bit op (maybe), but that is nothing I would call "in need of a FAQ".

Inferno is in need of an FAQ, because there are things in it we don't understand even if you are not a RAW maniac. ;)

Gee, could it be that most of these problems have been issues for a LONG time (in some cases years), and rather than address these long-standing problems with the opportunity presented by this new release, they introduced more head scratchers.

I am not sure what the boarding shield question is referring to, except maybe how Marine reinforced armor is garbage in 30K compared to the same reinforced armor worn by the Nemean Reaver or the Solar Auxilia (theirs allows re-rolls of all saves against blasts/templates, so it actually works vs more than just flamers and frag grenades).

And there was all these people that had all these problems with the Death of Hope trailer....<_<

Yes, there are patterns everywhere, like the pattern of every complaint whether valid or ludicrous, never fails to draw a swarm of pompous white knights.

I was not complaining, merely asking a question from someone with a rulebook. The most stunning thing I have found about the Heresy is the inability to ask a reasonable question without you making an unecessarily argumentative response.

The reason for asking the question was a vain hope that the +1 cover save from 6th would return, you know, to actually make boarding shields viable. But I’m quite happy if they didn’t, just curious.

Out of curiosity, do any of the rules updates make the destroyers (especially jump pack destroyers) worth their points at all?

I remember when the red book came out, the destroyers had not been updated due to time constraints so they were not worth their points or relatively ineffective for what they were.

Did this change at all with the updated rule book?

I was not complaining, merely asking a question from someone with a rulebook. The most stunning thing I have found about the Heresy is the inability to ask a reasonable question without you making an unecessarily argumentative response.

The reason for asking the question was a vain hope that the +1 cover save from 6th would return, you know, to actually make boarding shields viable. But I’m quite happy if they didn’t, just curious.

But I was really curious if there is any rule loophole reguarding Boarding Shields. Could have been, after all. Different groups have different problems and all that. :)

I plan to pick up the rulebook when FW drops Varagyr (I've got a rather large Heresy purchase being prepped to kickstart my HH Wolves, it's been an EXTREMELY long wait lol).

So is it confirmed that the alternate FOC's are legal for conventional use? Does this mean that RoW's can be used with them?

I plan to pick up the rulebook when FW drops Varagyr (I've got a rather large Heresy purchase being prepped to kickstart my HH Wolves, it's been an EXTREMELY long wait lol).

So is it confirmed that the alternate FOC's are legal for conventional use? Does this mean that RoW's can be used with them?

It doesn't say you can't, so I would assume you can use RoWs with them. they seem to have purposely removed the 'opponents permission only' and 'no RoWs' comments from them.

The four FOCs that are mentioned are the 'Crusade', 'Onslaught', 'Levithan' and 'Castellan' FOCs.

I like the sound of that!!

I am holding out for Grey Slayer and Deathsworn.... I wanna add destroyers to the mix and create a mini 7th Black Cull Great Company of Wolves.

Uhh... now that I check, they did change that, I'm afraid. It's a similar change to Sub-orbital Strike Wings, where you select from your own army list or the "Panoply of War" list (the Baneblade and Macharius chassis super-heavies, Marauder bombers, Thunderbolt & Avenger fighters, etc). Feels like an extremely regressive change, honestly.

I'm comparing the new rulebook to the Legiones Astartes: AoD Army List's LoW choices, for whatever that's worth.

Whatever, at the end of the day we’ll just house rule it if we have to. That’s annoying though I really like the idea of indentured Knights serving Legions, kind of like how house Makabius is indentured to the Death Guard.

Whatever, at the end of the day we’ll just house rule it if we have to. That’s annoying though I really like the idea of indentured Knights serving Legions, kind of like how house Makabius is indentured to the Death Guard.

Good call! It's a stupid change, if intentional. But who knows anymore. Or maybe it's more for organized play, and they know many will just house rule like yourself? 

Also agree that there would probably be more indentured Knights like that all over the place in the Heresy. I could definitely see war bands of the VIIIth Legion "claiming" some Knight households, or Free Blades with compatible attitudes gravitating towards them, etc. For a while I've been entertaining the idea of lone House Atrax Knights being gifted to forces of the Warmaster that have pleased Archmagos Draykavac, as he basically treats that House like property. Lots of neat ideas to explore...

It doesn't say you can't, so I would assume you can use RoWs with them. they seem to have purposely removed the 'opponents permission only' and 'no RoWs' comments from them.

The four FOCs that are mentioned are the 'Crusade', 'Onslaught', 'Levithan' and 'Castellan' FOCs.

Haha, everyone is doomed.  Coils of the Hydra + Leviathan = GG.

Archived