New codex coming this year...

Leonaides

GW loves that idea. “If they’re book is trash x% of them will spend hundreds of dollars on a different army” lol.

*Looks at 5kish points of bugs*

*Looks at more in BA*

No more shall be spent for quite sometime my friend! *will probably buy something shortly after making this comment* xD xD

I played yesterday. Missed 3 charges by rolling an 8, so that definitely would help if accurate. I don't think that would be enough to make us more assault centric, but honestly I am getting used to running just 2 primary assault units and shooting with everything else. Do I want to assault more? Damn straight I do, but if we just get point adjustments, stratagems, relics, warlord traits, and psychic powers, I think that will help a ton. On the  whole getting into combat odds are we get Wings of Sanguinus back and that will be a free move to get models into position. We'll be okay.

I don't think expecting it to be like DG is a good thing. DG are basically a completely new army and model range. Better to expect it more like the GK Codex instead.

Which is scary because GK are likely the worst book of the 8 they’ve put out so far.

GW loves that idea. “If they’re book is trash x% of them will spend hundreds of dollars on a different army” lol.

*Looks at 5kish points of bugs*

*Looks at more in BA*

No more shall be spent for quite sometime my friend! *will probably buy something shortly after making this comment* xD xD

lol, I hear you, but either way, GW is happy.

I am optimistic about the new BA book. So far the codexes (codexi? My latin is not up to date ) have been improvements over the index. I have been playing 40K since rogue trader and there have been ups and downs, but the new direction gw is taking is right imo. They do playtesting, listen to feedback from the community and collect data from tournaments. This is all good in my eyes.

Codices (or Codexes if you just want to wing it).

Codices but iirc GW copyrighted it to be Codexes in their case.

What NEEDS to be addressed in the new book:

-chapter Tactics/traits/special rules that do us justice both in the fluff and the competitive meta. These should be applicable to every unit in the Codex, from stabby Death Company to “bad” units like dakka terminators. The DG book could hold precedent in the sense that there are universal traits for everything with <X> keyword, but then there are pseudo-chapter tactics like Disgustingly Resilient that, while not universal, are on enough units of note that they have a similar effect

-special units need to be special in the winning the national spelling bee way...not special in the cousin Jimmy who eats his own :cuss and is obsessed with rusty nickels way

-the plethora of special characters and buff units we have NEED to have synergy and provide stackable bonuses that are cost efficient, rather than simply bringing BA units up to par. Aka lessen the need for so many buffs; make buffs “profit” rather than “get out of debt”

-for an army that is supposedly stabby...we need to have universal traits that bring that to light. Aka BA Tacticals can outstab other SM without the need for 70-100pts in buffing units

-access to units we “should” have already like flyers and different patterns of termie armor. If we don’t get them now, then we never will. Plain and simple. If they are still not in there for some reason, then the book NEEDS to address this gap by giving us equivalent capabilities (like a unique flyer or our Stormravens are BS2+ Vector Dancer w/ 5++; if we don’t get Ven Dreads, then Furiosos need to be WS2+ 6+ FNP 6A or such). The Baal Predator needs a :cuss -ing reason to exist

-point reductions. On top of all the above, there need to be sweeping point reductions across the board. Hand flamers, inferno pistols, glaives encarmine, angelus Boltguns, etc... there are so many offenders...

-...alternatively, items and units need to be brought up in power to justify their cost. Aka glaives encarmine become S+2, hand flamers become D6 S3 or D3 S4 (big still for like 2pts). Dante is the biggest example of this, he’s the second most expensive SM non-Guilliman character yet he has a disproportionately weak amount of abilities and stats. Especially compared to 7th. Make Dante great again

-....and, as if all of the above isn’t enough, how about some startegems and abilities that are fluffy, cool, unique ANd competitive?

Can someone point me to where the +1 on the charge rumour came from? First mention I can see is on dakka. Its not very convincing.

I fully expect to see us get either the emperors children or world eaters traits

The only thing i’ve Been able to turn up was a guy on dakka in a news thread who said “I think their trait will be +1” on advance or charge”, then everyone carrying on as if it were an actual rule spoil. I don’t think it’s any sort of actual solid thing as yet.

We really shouldn't. I'm just saying that while it wouldn't be the strongest trait, it wouldn't be a bad one either since it dramatically improves our chances to get into melee out of reserves. ^^

I fully expect we’ll get a wings of sanguinius-warptime style psychic power. On top of that, given the eldar And ‘nid stratagems, I think we’ll have some good movement or charge tools. Then, there’s the possibility of a swarm commander style ability or warlord trait to let us move or have better charges/advances/etc. a lot of people seem to believe it’ll turn out bad, and to be fair, i’m Normally in that camp.

Since the beginning of 8th though, gw has really gained my confidence. I think we’re going to get the tools that make the blood angels do what they do. I may be proven wrong In the end, but until then, i’m Faithful to the god emperor of two thin coats, and will reserve (heh) judgement until I see some actual rules.

My biggest hope it that we finally get access to contemptors and caterphractii/tartaros termies along with the rest of the stuff vanilla marines get. It's never made any sense to me why a first founding chapter wouldn't be able to take anything that the rest of them would. Also *insert obligatory new special character models would be nice statement here*

Not that I think either will happen, and its not going to stop me lapping up any BA specific stuff :P

Wow we are starved for good news around here!  I am so stoked!  Let us dream and scheme and use this fire to get paint on the minis we have left behind.  It will be a wonderful Christmas of list writing with rum and eggnog!  I hope for balance.  By balance I mean something, anything that can compete with RowboatG. 

Its nice to argue over rumors and I am sure that GW has something cool in store for us that puts +1 inch to charge rolls to shame.  

Meh, really not interested in Assault Marines or Deathcompany being troops and I think it wouldn't be healthy for the internal balance either. If I wanted to field a Deathcompany army I'd just take a Vanguard Detachment. Same for Assault Marines and the Outrider Detachment.

Meh, really not interested in Assault Marines or Deathcompany being troops and I think it wouldn't be healthy for the internal balance either. If I wanted to field a Deathcompany army I'd just take a Vanguard Detachment. Same for Assault Marines and the Outrider Detachment.

Exactly this.

SO many people are like "We need X units as troops for this faction!!!"

No, you just take a different detatchment if you want to spam them. You then gain the power of spamming a good unit but give up more command points and Obj Sec.