Why do you think DG DP can have wings but not bolter?

bozo69pd

GW logic

It's not on the model, is the only reason I can see. The metal/Finecast DP has a daemonic gun on its left gauntlet, as this one is still available via GW it gets the option for a gun.

Big Fatty doesn't have the same part, so no Warp Bolter.

Big fatty doesn't have wings (conversions don't count) and yet he can still have them Edited by Plaguecaster

GW logic

It's not on the model, is the only reason I can see. The metal/Finecast DP has a daemonic gun on its left gauntlet, as this one is still available via GW it gets the option for a gun.

Big fatty doesn't have wings (conversions don't count) and yet he can still have them

I reaally feel like he shouldnt have the option for Wings. Morty should be the only thing with Wings IMHO in a DG army. Thats how I'll run my DG at least. I plan to get the DG DP despite being in Failcast.

GW logic

Big fatty doesn't have wings (conversions don't count) and yet he can still have them

I reaally feel like he shouldnt have the option for Wings. Morty should be the only thing with Wings IMHO in a DG army.

I, too, wish our daemonic overlords were gimped and slow.

Seriously, where was it written that Morty is the only daemonic entity among the Death Guard who has wings?

Whether a Daemon Prince has wings or not is entirely up to you and your chosen narrative. Taking away the option of wings would be stupid. If you think it's cooler that way, then just don't take it. Other people have other narratives in mind. Flies and moths are obviously considered nurgly stuff and those have wings as well after all. Actually many plagues are spread through air. So it's not like wings don't fit nurgle.

About the gun....I think it's obvious that GW just screwed up there with the DP Datasheet (and possibly others as well). No real other explanation. If GW actually cares about such minor things (let's be fair, a single Warpbolter is just "okay") it'll probably get changed in an Errata eventually.

Not even going to touch that whole wings debate...

As far as the warp bolter is concerned, maybe it's just cause a Nurgle daemon Prince has a lot going for it already.I mean, mine combined with wings and the armour relic has been nigh unstopable. Anything short of dedicated anti tank weapons will barely scratch him

• 2 weeks later...

I'm more miffed the Lord of Contagion doesn't have a ranged option...

That would kinda defeat the point of the Mantle of Contagion, though, no? The real complaint here is that we have no profile for a Lord of Virulence...

I don't see why it would besides they could of gave them the wrist mounted weapons the deathshroud have or a bolter version

I'm more miffed the Lord of Contagion doesn't have a ranged option...

That would kinda defeat the point of the Mantle of Contagion, though, no? The real complaint here is that we have no profile for a Lord of Virulence...

No, the Lord of Contagion is really just a Death Guard version of the Chaos Lord and considering GW didnt' give the Chaos Lord or Sorcerer (in any iteration) Death Guard characteristics, it's a kind of dumb.

I’m still perplexed on the Lord and Sorcerer. I would have accepted a points bump for T5 and DR.

It's probably to encourage people to buy/use their dedicated Death Guard equivalents, but were conscious of scaring off people with existing Death Guard armies. I doubt they'll make it into the next codex, whenever that is, since by then we'll have Dreadblight Rangslayers or something with an equally stupid name that doesn't just have a scythe as an equivalent. 

Edited by Lord Marshal

I’m still perplexed on the Lord and Sorcerer. I would have accepted a points bump for T5 and DR.

It's probably to encourage people to buy/use their dedicated Death Guard equivalents, but were conscious of scaring off people with existing Death Guard armies. I doubt they'll make it into the next codex, whenever that is, since by then we'll have Dreadblight Rangslayers or something with an equally stupid name that doesn't just have a scythe as an equivalent. 

I hate these new names, GW scrambling to slap a new weird title on everything so they can then copyright it. The practice is forced and ends up sounding same-y. Every new thing we get is just called a 'Pus-blight Jibberjabber.' Not as bad as Space WOLVES or BLOOD Angels, but still.  

DG dex, I guess I totally overlooked that detail since I haven't played a game using the Codex yet.

I'm going to forget about that rule whenever I use him with CSM, for sure.

With the new Flow chart from the community site, you can use the index version of the DP to provide the warp bolter?