Get Ready For Chapter Approved

Legit vehicle design rules? HELL YES! I honestly told my group we would never see those again. Happy to eat crow on this one. Although I doubt we will see the Ares again as that is a legit conversion and not just a kit-bash.

And there is still hope for Kroot hawks.

Doesn't really make sense for Ynnari to get faction traits, though. They'll likely get a Stratagem and a Relic, but they represent a faction of Aeldari that are supposed to be characterized by their lack of subfaction split. Plus the other silliness of splitting a subfaction into subfactions.

Nothing for Talons aswell. Or Inquisition.

Or Assassins. ;)

Doesn't really make sense for Ynnari to get faction traits, though. They'll likely get a Stratagem and a Relic, but they represent a faction of Aeldari that are supposed to be characterized by their lack of subfaction split. Plus the other silliness of splitting a subfaction into subfactions.

To use Ynarri you need to take one as your warlord.

It's silly for them to have a dedicated warlord trait apart from the three in the book?

Edited by Gentlemanloser

To use Ynarri you need to take one as your warlord.

It's silly for them to have a dedicated warlord trait apart from the three in the book?

Nah, that's just me forgetting to say "And Warlord Trait". I was speaking against faction traits specifically rather than the Warlord getting a thing.

Nope.

Ynarri get no relics, warlord traits or strategums.

Guess they aren't popular enough.

Just popular enough to be nerfed to high heaven though.

When GS2 came out I had decided to convert all my Eldar to Ynnari as I had just started repainting them anyways, but I have to admit I'm getting a little nervous about doing that now as I'm worried about what their support will look like in the future now that they aren't getting an update at all in CA.

Nope.

When GS2 came out I had decided to convert all my Eldar to Ynnari as I had just started repainting them anyways, but I have to admit I'm getting a little nervous about doing that now as I'm worried about what their support will look like in the future now that they aren't getting an update at all in CA.

My guess is that since the designers don't want to make new versions of old designs over and over again and GW likes releasing new stuff currently....they'll probably use Ynnari as the "new Eldar" with most of the new Eldar model releases for them in the future. I wouldn't worry too much about them. ^^

Nope.

My guess is that since the designers don't want to make new versions of old designs over and over again and GW likes releasing new stuff currently....they'll probably use Ynnari as the "new Eldar" with most of the new Eldar model releases for them in the future. I wouldn't worry too much about them. ^^

So you're thinking that it will almost be an Age of Sigmar/Primaris like situation where the old faction is still around but the new one is where all the support will be going?

Nope.

So you're thinking that it will almost be an Age of Sigmar/Primaris like situation where the old faction is still around but the new one is where all the support will be going?

Yeah I believe it will go into that direction. Maybe not as radical as in AoS but to some degree for sure.

Edited by sfPanzer

I think that's a fair appraisal of the situation. So far in 8th the only Codexes with "new" model support have been new factions (Primaris & Death Guard), and all the others have had either token re-releases of previously bundled models (Grey Knights, Craftworlds, AdMech), or nothing at all (CSM, Astra Militarum, Tyranids), and I think that's going to be the pattern going forward.

I've been predicting Ynnari as a full model range release for a while now, and the fact that they aren't really included in CA only solidifies that opinion. Introducing Ynnari as a standalone faction allows the designers to go in new directions, instead of rehashing the same handful of Aspect units that in some cases are already on their 3rd design iteration.