HH Wolfsbane: Artwork

helterskelter

I agree.

It will not be Lord Gunn, so there is always Ogvai, or Hvarl among a few others.

Although at this point in the Heresy Bjorn is more than an upstart. Bear in mind during the Alaaxes affair (cant remember the name of the book), it was increasingly obvious that he was becoming Russ' confidante and the other Jarls could feel that things were changing, with Bjorn potentially being the catalyst (in the same book Russ said that Bjorn would be there to help lead the new changed wolves). I suspect it is part of the reason that Gunn is allowed to make his suicidal charge, because he was too entrenched in the old ways and could not or would not change.

However within the context of the SoH, Bjorn would be a newcomer as they would be unaware of all that has transpired.

My impression is that Bjorn is a young (but talented) warrior Russ has become fond of and likes to include in senior-level discussions. The established chieftains and champions just put up with it as it's the will of their Primarch.

As you say, none of this is relevant or even known to Abaddon and I don't think he'll have much to say to Bjorn other than the something along the lines of "your cause is hopeless...die, loyalist fool"

Well, it's true, most likely Abbadon has no idea of who Bjorn is at this point but depending on how the events are written leading to the confrontation between Russ and Horus it's possible, although not very likely, that a shared scene could happen.

In any case, I hope some Sons of Horus/Space Wolves banter takes place because if it's just fighting it'd be disappointing.

And I was just starting to like you there B1.

I think the ego thing is way overblown.... In Prospero Burns the Wolves state that they know their role and they were not disappointed that Russ was not named Warmaster because it was not their Wyrd.

I think the big ego's would go to the likes of the Emperors Children (case in point Eidolons attitude on Murder).

Has Bjorn lost his hand yet? Does Abaddon cut it off making Russ fly into a rage? ;)

Horus may be Uber now but remember Sanguinius...

could see a possible victory in his fight, so Horus must not be totally unstoppable

That said I’m sure Horus doesn’t mind Russ escaping as his overwhelming victory is a great propaganda victory as well.

I think the ego thing is way overblown.... In Prospero Burns the Wolves state that they know their role and they were not disappointed that Russ was not named Warmaster because it was not their Wyrd.

I think the big ego's would go to the likes of the Emperors Children (case in point Eidolons attitude on Murder).

Big-headed as in having an attitude of exceptionalism...

I agree with your EC assessment, and I think the DA and maybe the UM may have a bit of it as well, though not as bad.

Wolf King covers the SW attitude of exceptionalism quite well...and there is no doubt the SoH think of themselves as the best of the best.

@Mellow

Sang's victory vision probably represented something like a 0.01% probability

Edited by b1soul

Regarding the Sanguinius possibly surviving:

For that fate to come to pass, Sanguinius would have had to accept Chaos' help against Horus. The only future in which he lives is the one where he replaces Horus and brings about the destruction of the Imperium. So unless Russ is willing to submit to the Primordial Truth(unlikely), he's probably going to get dominated by post Molech Horus.

If you read the short stories in Corax, the leader of the watch pack assigned to Corax says the wulfen curse is the weregeld for the Rout’s superiority to other Legions.

In any event, the novella Weregeld seems to be required reading to see what happens to Russ when he goes up against Horus. He’s not just beaten physically, but emotionally, and it sure seems to be bc he thought he was Horus’s better.

This isn’t to throw shade at the Rout. It seems to just be a fact. Personally I like the attitude (and no, I’m not a SW player).

For the SW timeline:

I believe it's Prospero > Alaxxes > Helped/Saved from AL by DA castoffs > Terra (VS scene) > Leaves Terra to find Horus (probably much to Dorn's chagrin) > Meets the WS returning from Dark Glass (Path of Heaven ending) > tied down at Yarant (Wolfsbane story I assume) > Saved by Corax > Some point after he recovers he meets up with the Lion and they return to Terra, too late for the siege
Edited by TheRealMcCagh

Bjorn is still a "young upstart" type character during the Heresy, no?

I think Abaddon would have more words with one of the senior Jarls. Bjorn would be a nobody to him.

Accidental upstart, I'd say.

Bjorn gets his claw while the Wolves are laying low at Alaxxes, I believe. Lone Wolf is the post-Heresy short.

Yes, I thought it was well-established that the SW view themselves as literally a breed apart from (and superior to) other legions.

Alaxxes badly shakes up this view, but I have no doubt they've recovered most of their pride by the time they charge off to confront the SoH

Horus is not in the sphere of battle at Yarant by the time Corax arrives to find Russ grievously injured, so I guess either the fight occurs in space or Horus has been and gone.

Im pretty sure that Corax states Horus has moved on to the Beta battlefield and left Abaddon and his cronies to finish off the Wolves...which they would have done had Corax not broken from his emo funk mid battle.