Carcharodons: outer dark - book cover

helterskelter

You all know full well that even if he wanted to tell you (which is unlikely as it could limit future story lines) then BL are probably quite strict on rules and the punishment would be instant novel “de-canoning” by getting someone like Kyme or Gav or Swallow to write another novel which would just ruin the original piece.

The policy remains unchanged - the Carcharodons do have a defined origin, but that origin isn't going to be properly revealed any time soon, or possibly ever, because the suspense plays a big part in their mystery. I can assure everyone that Outer Dark will both clear some things up and muddy the waters considerably :biggrin.:

Just as planned. :P

May I ask, regardless of actual plans, etc.

If you could write one Primarch novel, would it be Corax covering Gate 42 or would you try something different? ;)

The policy remains unchanged - the Carcharodons do have a defined origin, but that origin isn't going to be properly revealed any time soon, or possibly ever, because the suspense plays a big part in their mystery. I can assure everyone that Outer Dark will both clear some things up and muddy the waters considerably :biggrin.:

I’m going to take this post as a complete admission that they are in fact Sons of Guilliman because we know that all Astartes in the new post gathering storm galaxy are sons of Guilliman because Guilliman is all we need and all we want.

Chainglaves anybody?http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/86713413315479102102053413091932739047072642893759n.jpg

Damn it looks cool.

Thanks for the praise brothers ! !

Just as planned. :P

May I ask, regardless of actual plans, etc.

If you could write one Primarch novel, would it be Corax covering Gate 42 or would you try something different? ;)

I would love to see the Gate 42 covered as well but when I see how RobMac handle perturabo I now want to see other primarch under his pen. Not only Corax.

The policy remains unchanged - the Carcharodons do have a defined origin, but that origin isn't going to be properly revealed any time soon, or possibly ever, because the suspense plays a big part in their mystery. I can assure everyone that Outer Dark will both clear some things up and muddy the waters considerably :D

I’m going to take this post as a complete admission that they are in fact Sons of Guilliman because we know that all Astartes in the new post gathering storm galaxy are sons of Guilliman because Guilliman is all we need and all we want.
That's. .. Tapuuuu !

Let the smurfs cuddling their sick poeple of the ultramar kingdom after morty's passage and let the real sharky deal get the job done with the real threat from the outer darks.. leave their geenseed free of the "parading in shiny Armour" characteristic ; )

That being said .. I'm really happy that the énigma stay unsolve. That's what appeal me on this chapter : various possibility and interprétation that give us a lot of different vibes and army born of the same one. Isn't it what carcharodons really are ? A patchwork of different recruts from deferent culture all raised in the same purpose under one banner ? The reveal of their exact geenseed and origines would kill the very idea of the chapter and the many possibility it offer.

You can be a pro "full raven guard" or a pro "mixed geenseed" or even a "sons of Guilliman" believer, the fact is all of us are right in a way and all off us is wrong in a way as long as the mistery stands. It make us debat and wander, creat and give this chapter our own identity.. one of many that make an All...

That make the F*** Carcharodons Astra !

Hail to the void father and may the darkness of Oblivion's maw eat his enemy's alive, wherever and whoever they are.

Malchy

319.gif

/signed

(Credits: Bluntblade)

Haha ! I've to agree with that ! ( apologies ! I've let my self be ash blinded by the arguments and the outer dark hype, turning my point into a chaplin's lithany of war x) )

• 1 month later...

Here is the broken link https://www.blacklibrary.com/Downloads/Product/ePub%20and%20MOBI%20Extracts/C/Extract-Carcharodons-Outer-Dark.epub

It is strange the book still doesn't have a free extract, I mean they used to update titles a month before release date.

The same situation with Titan's Bane, the audiodrama is scheduled to be released this Saturday and there is no free extract. 

Makes me sad too :dry.:

Here is the broken link https://www.blacklibrary.com/Downloads/Product/ePub%20and%20MOBI%20Extracts/C/Extract-Carcharodons-Outer-Dark.epub

It is strange the book still doesn't have a free extract, I mean they used to update titles a month before release date.

The same situation with Titan's Bane, the audiodrama is scheduled to be released this Saturday and there is no free extract. 

Makes me sad too :dry.:

I asked about, apparently the free extract won't go up until the 24th, when the ebook is out and the hardback goes on pre-order, for release on the 31st. I think that's standard practice now. 

Then why put a broken link in White Dwarf which was released on March 6, if I'm not mistaken?

my_brain_is_full_of_fuck_in_hd_by_lemmin

I mean, there are no other WDs between then and the release date, so I guess if it was going to go in any it’d have to be that one.

Damn it, Rob!

I'm not yet prepared for Outer Dark. I wanted to have some fun with the new T'au codex + some juicy T'au stories and maybe work on my Sept....or do something else.

And now you came around, reminding me of Outer Dark...

It's release is this weekend, right?

Can't wait for it!

Damn it, Rob!

I'm not yet prepared for Outer Dark. I wanted to have some fun with the new T'au codex + some juicy T'au stories and maybe work on my Sept....or do something else.

And now you came around, reminding me of Outer Dark...

It's release is this weekend, right?

Can't wait for it!

Yep, ebook is out this weekend and hardback is up for preorder, released the Saturday after.

Is Khauri a grown up Skell? I don't recognize any of the names from Red Tithe (other than Te Kahurangi, of course), but it's been a little while

Well, I don't want to spoiler, but the book doesn't take too long to answer that one :smile.:

So, the Carcharadons have an arrangement where they share recovered archaotech with the Mechanicus in exchange for Skitarii armies to supplement their forces. And they are engaged in a war which requires a particularly large number of these.

Archived