HH Slaves to Darkness - cover art

helterskelter

That's supposed to be Ingethel, is it?

I don't have everything straight in my head, but when exactly would Ahriman be kicking around with Horus in Full Heresy Mode, but Fulgrim not have ascended?

Feels like an image which has been riven by retcons.

No idea really...I don't think old CV covers Fulgrim's ascension

As for whether that snake daemon is Ingethel, it's my best guess based on the description in First Heretic

Four arms curled from its slender torso, each ending in a clawed hand. Its lower body was the mating of serpent and worm, ripe with thick veins in the grey flesh. Its face was almost entirely given over to its open jaws, with selachimorphic teeth in disorderly rows.

A biological impossibility. An evolutionary lie.

It was never still, never motionless, even for a moment. Veins throbbed beneath its discoloured skin, betraying its pulse, and its talons were constantly opening and closing. Only one of its four hands remained closed: gripping Ingethel’s ritual staff in a clawed fist.

One eye was sunken, dark and buried in a face of filthy fur. The other: swollen fit to burst, and the sickening orange of a dying sun.

Nothing remained of the maiden. What reared up before them on its coiled lower body was utterly beyond notions of gender.

I am Ingethel the Ascended, it said, and its silent voice was a hundred murmurs all at once. Argel Tal found his eyes drawn to the curved spines of blackened bone that arced out from the thing’s shoulder blades.

Almost seems like Aaron liked the art and decised to put it to words

could it be this in novel form?

That was my assumption.

Probably, but with Fulgrim being Mr Snakey and Angron Mr Angry.

I mean, Fulgrim is Mr Snakey right there . . .

You can see Fulgrims leg and arm right at the edge (on the right).

Might we also have the Thousand Sons finally taking to the field, written by French? And just maybe with a Khayon cameo?

Oh I wish French had written the 'next' 30K Thousand Sons novel after A Thousand Sons; The Crimson King was really not as interesting (and strangely veyr emulative of French's Ahriman novels even without MacNeil having read Unchanged). 

Might we also have the Thousand Sons finally taking to the field, written by French? And just maybe with a Khayon cameo?

Oh I wish French had written the 'next' 30K Thousand Sons novel after A Thousand Sons; The Crimson King was really not as interesting (and strangely veyr emulative of French's Ahriman novels even without MacNeil having read Unchanged). 

yeah, i think mcneil has definitely proven he can write 10k sons and their primarch but i'd love to see another author take a crack

yeah, i think mcneil has definitely proven he can write 10k sons and their primarch but i'd love to see another author take a crack

Well with luck it really is:

http://st.gde-fon.com/wallpapers_original/403273_xaos_eres-xorusa_xorus_imperator_padshhie-primarxi_1680x1050_www.Gde-Fon.com.jpg

I love this image so much, and I hope also there is more done with Kalbor Hel in this novel - what did he, or other Dark Magos, gain from their dark pact?  

http://st.gde-fon.com/wallpapers_original/403273_xaos_eres-xorusa_xorus_imperator_padshhie-primarxi_1680x1050_www.Gde-Fon.com.jpg

• 5 months later...

Lorgar looks even grumpier than Perturabo. Didn't know he had it in him.

I wonder if Fulgrim and Angron hint at the inevitable plastic daemon prince models. Angron is fairly close to Alex Boyd's old artwork but Fulgrim is almost identical in design to Neil Roberts' last go at him, from the cover to Death and Defiance.

That is a sweet cover, really looking forward to this one. If this is anything like his Warmaster short story (one of my favorite shorts) this will be great...the banter between all the traitor primarchs is worth the price of admission (cause we know how great they all get along).

The HH stuff has been light this year

Wow, that's amazing. Horus looks like an Emperor, and his two flanking brothers (Angron and Fulgrim) look like courtiers, while the two behind (Bo and Gar) look like the palace eunuchs.

Yea, no kidding!

On a different note...does Perturabo have missiles sticking out from his dome-piece? If so, that may be the most 40k thing ever. Hope he brough earplugs, Primarch or not.

This may be the 2nd best HH cover art of all time.

Hidden Content

Call me a fanboy, but this is still the best of all time. Way too metal to argue with.

artsfon.com-14668.jpg

Wow, that's amazing. Horus looks like an Emperor, and his two flanking brothers (Angron and Fulgrim) look like courtiers, while the two behind (Bo and Gar) look like the palace eunuchs.

Yea, no kidding!

On a different note...does Perturabo have missiles sticking out from his dome-piece? If so, that may be the most 40k thing ever. Hope he brough earplugs, Primarch or not.

This may be the 2nd best HH cover art of all time.

Hidden Content

Call me a fanboy, but this is still the best of all time. Way too metal to argue with.

artsfon.com-14668.jpg

I did not notice the missile tubes sticking out of Bo's dome piece.  How does he find space in there?  I imagine it's crowed, tight, warm, and moist...

And Lorgar, as usual, looks like toad.  :cuss, I wanna step on it. 

Mr. Indefragable, you are a fanboy.  But that is okay, nothing wrong with that.  The best cover so far, in my opinion, has got to be Know No Fear, ​and I am not an Ultramarine.      

It looks great, but at the same time Horus looks like he's wearing sunglasses and Fulgrim looks like a saturday morning kids cartoon baddy.

I've had Slave to Love by Bryan Fery stuck in my haed all day after seeing this.

Yea, no kidding!

I did not notice the missile tubes sticking out of Bo's dome piece.  How does he find space in there?  I imagine it's crowed, tight, warm, and moist...

And Lorgar, as usual, looks like toad.  :censored:, I wanna step on it. 

He's just adding more and more guns and tech, like a weird crustacean encasing itself. We may not even notice when he turns into an obliterator-esque daemon prince.

What the hell is that?! Great to see so many Primarchs on one cover, but the composition and angles just seem off... Horus looks like an enlarged dwarf with gigantic arms and a bad attitude with Fulgrim in full on Genie form literally emerging from his side. I just don't know what to make of this... it's a far cry from the series high points. Maybe the full composition will help put things in perspective :unsure.:

On a positive note hype levels are once again over 9000 for the actual book, hoping beyond all hope that JF knocks this sucker out of the park!!!

I like the look of Fulgrim. Angron looks beyond any sort of control, which might actually be fitting, but you look at that and think "is there actually anyone in there?" or is that just full daemon berserk mode, all the time?

Hopefully this book will show us the first assaults on Terra/solar system outposts.

It’s cool art for sure. Fulgrims colours really seem to steal the show.

But there is something about the Phoenicians face that really bugs me. I can’t quite put my finger on it. Maybe he looks rather like the joker?

Maybe it’s that he seems to look too masculine. All jokes of dainty fulgrim aside, especially after being imbued with the Essenes of Slaanesh, I’d like him to appear more...androgynous perhaps.

Archived