HH Slaves to Darkness - cover art

helterskelter

That cover is honestly hella rad. I do get the impression Roberts hit the deadline earlier then he would have liked, Fulgrim looks quite a bit more detailed than the others, but I don't mind the looser style, either. Much better than his old "that-looks-like-a-cg-model" days. 

Angron looks like his favorite team just lost the bloodbowl.

I haven't been this hyped for a HH release since Master of Mankind (maybe I'll even get to read it some day), I thought French killed it with Praetorian of Dorn, and I've no doubt he'll nail the traitorous bickering that's sure to ensue. He also writes the second-best Horus after Abnett, so that doesn't hurt at all.

could it be this in novel form?

http://st.gde-fon.com/wallpapers_original/403273_xaos_eres-xorusa_xorus_imperator_padshhie-primarxi_1680x1050_www.Gde-Fon.com.jpg

Gosh. This picture just never stops giving. I just noticed the Reaver Titan in the background. So grimdark.

I'm pretty sure that's the case. In "Vulkan Lives", he seems done for in Horus' favour. He did not appear anywhere near Horus in "Vengeful Spirit", "The Path of Heaven" or "Praetorian of Dorn", and as for "Wolfsbane", I can't say for I haven't read it.

Also, it was a metal face which he put back on.

Erebus appears to no longer be welcome in the Warmaster's court. He temporarily wears a mask to cover his flayed visage in Vulkan Lives, but when it is torn off it reveals that his face is growing back in a more daemonic fashion, horns and all, in an echo of Horus' comment in Fear to Tread about 'revealing his true face.'

Erebus appears to no longer be welcome in the Warmaster's court. He temporarily wears a mask to cover his flayed visage in Vulkan Lives, but when it is torn off it reveals that his face is growing back in a more daemonic fashion, horns and all, in an echo of Horus' comment in Fear to Tread about 'revealing his true face.'

Good riddance.

Asides from the various comments I've made about the cover, Horus looks like he's squatting, for I see no chairs supporting his arse and thighs. 

Good riddance.

Asides from the various comments I've made about the cover, Horus looks like he's squatting, for I see no chairs supporting his arse and thighs.

He’s got one leg up on something. The other leg is straight down. He’s not squatting.

Good riddance.

He’s got one leg up on something. The other leg is straight down. He’s not squatting.

He's doing a hybrid squat where one leg is out to the side, while the other is firming folded in front of his body.

... I know he really isn't squatting, but I just wanna say it.

Archived