Emperor's Shield Adeptus Astartes Challenge

Brother Tyler

And congratulations to our winner, @Aramis K, for his Angels of Redemption kill team.

In addition, thank you to @Ioldanach for his Black Dragons kill team.

Both kill teams will be featured in the [power armoured] Space Marine Kill Teams rules.

the Black Dragons are second winner! :-)

Congratulation! 

Yes, they both look fantastic ... I wish I had worked on that challenge too, it sounded like fun! :)

Well, there will be four similar challenges coming soon. I'm using these rules as the foundation for further Chapters:
  • The Chapters that participated in the Badab War
  • The Ordo Xenos Deathwatch
  • Other Chapters for which there have been rules (the Red Hunters and the Angels Revenant were given rules by Forge World, and a bunch of Chapters had rules in the FFG Deathwatch RPG)
  • The Legio Bolter & Chainsword, our mascot Chapter
So those of you that missed this one will get other chances. :wink:

Well, there will be four similar challenges coming soon. I'm using these rules as the foundation for further Chapters:

tDaMLnS.gif

Red Scorpions time! Or maybe Sons of Medusa or Astral Claws... Hmm this will be tricky.

Brother Tyler
This post was recognized by Brother Tyler!

Aramis K was awarded the badge 'Tyrant's Call - Winner' and 2 points.

Thank you for the votes and kind words about my Angels of Redemption.

And thanks to Brother Tyler for the prompt. Sometimes restrictions are encouraging.

It was fun to try a halved scheme, trying to make the outlines pop with the light and dark. I like how they look side on too. And it helped clear down my bits box.

G0gnljY.jpg

I'll be adding some fluff and details to my work log soon. Next job is painting up a scenic backdrop for final pics, excited to try all the weathering on some walls and doors.

Think I'll be back for Badab.

• The Ordo Xenos Deathwatch
  • Other Chapters for which there have been rules (the Red Hunters and the Angels Revenant were given rules by Forge World, and a bunch of Chapters had rules in the FFG Deathwatch RPG)
  • The Legio Bolter & Chainsword, our mascot Chapter

Badab War you say?

gallery_62975_7515_40068.gif

Indeed. You can see Version 1.0 (i.e., I threw some spaghetti at the wall) here. Once we get them finalized, we'll hold the challenge. That will probably take at least a month.

But since y'all know it's coming, I expect you might find some time to assemble and paint some mighty fine Badab War kill teams in preparation.:cool.:

Oh, and I forgot to mention that there will probably be a Great Crusade/Horus Heresy expansion, too, with the initial part focusing on the Legiones Astartes and a subsequent part focusing on the other forces (e.g., Solar Auxilia, Mechanicum). And I've been working on some expanded Inquisition Ordos rules (definitely need Ordo Malleus and Ordo Hereticus, but perhaps some generic Ordo kill teams would be in order). And maybe some others. There's a plan... :whistling:

Edited by Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler
This post was recognized by Brother Tyler!

Ioldanach was awarded the badge 'Emperor's Shield - Runner Up' and 1 points.

Y'know what they say ... second place is the first loser. :cool.:

I have no problem losing to Aramis K's fine Angels of Redemption kill team, though. That's pretty much the outcome I expected when I first saw the images of his team. Congrats to Aramis K on the well-deserved victory. :thumbsup:

Thanks, Tyler, for the challenge and the opportunity to paint for the first time in years. The Black Dragons aren't really a chapter that I would have painted without the incentive of the challenge, but now I'm looking forward to expanding the models into a proper Shadow War Armageddon kill team.

Badab War, you say? Hmmm... there are several chapters from that war that pique my curiousity. Perhaps I need to start prepping a team.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still working on getting the images into the final (for publication via the B&C downloads) version of the rules, but the following badges have been awarded to our participants.

med_gallery_26_4045_224567.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifmed_gallery_26_4045_1387.png

Featured in the center top of the badge is the campaign badge of the Third War for Armageddon. This is based on a badge used by the Salamanders in official art, though I've removed the flame motif used in that image.

At the bottom of each badge is a plate with the name of the participant; above that is the Chapter badge of each participant's kill team.

As the winner of the challenge, AramisK has earned the gold laurel. And as the second place participant ("first loser" :wink: ), Ioldanach has earned the silver laurel.

The small versions below are 100 pixels in height, suitable for inclusion in signatures, if desired:

gallery_26_4045_12866.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_4045_4370.png

URL for AramisK's 100 pixel badge:

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_4045/gallery_26_4045_12866.png
(All sizes of the full size badge can be seen here.)

URL for Ioldanach's 100 pixel badge:

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_4045/gallery_26_4045_4370.png
(All sizes of the full size badge can be seen here.)

Another member has submitted images of a kill team to help out with the project, and I'll present that badge later, when the final rules are "published." (I'd like to keep that one a surprise for now.)

Once again, congratulations are in order for our participants/winners, as well as a big "thank you" for helping with the project.