New releases for Blood Angels

Chaplain Raeven

I'm going to swim against the tide and say I like the sergeant built with the upgrade frame.

Not dripping with bling but still definitely a Blood Angel.  Nothing wrong with a bolt pistol and a chainsword.  I think you can have too much bling to be honest!

If the chainsword had had a bit of detailing like the one with the tactical or death company kits, I'd have been okay.

But we got a mechanically inferior weapon that ALSO looks dull compares to the UM spatha or the DA greatsword, both of which have some chapter styling to them.

I still 100% would rather have a power sword and it sucks that we will be denied using them because they gave us a 100% generic chainsword.

If the chainsword had had a bit of detailing like the one with the tactical or death company kits, I'd have been okay.

But we got a mechanically inferior weapon that ALSO looks dull compares to the UM spatha or the DA greatsword, both of which have some chapter styling to them.

My only guess is that chainswords might get a special use in our book.

Maybe we'll get a stratagem to give a unit with them extra attacks/ better AP etc?

I still 100% would rather have a power sword and it sucks that we will be denied using them because they gave us a 100% generic chainsword.

My only guess is that chainswords might get a special use in our book.

Maybe we'll get a stratagem to give a unit with them extra attacks/ better AP etc?

The thing is, such a rule/stratagem/whatever would mostly benefit a unit full of chainswords but not really the Primaris units where only one model has the option on a Chainsword.

Maybe it's something that generally triggers on a 6+ in cc so more attacks are generally more useful.

Like “Red Thirst: On a to-hit roll of 6+ make another attack with the same weapon againt the same target. These attacks don't generate more attacks.“ or something like that.

I wonder if there will be two upgrade sprues for boxes of 10 or just one. Either we're lacking pauldrons or we'll have a lot of bitz left over. Hell even just an aggressor box would leave us with 6 spare pauldrons and a chainsaw lol

The art for the intercessors and hellblasters show 10 models with them. So id assume 2 sprues. Aggressors would have 1.

Have to admit, whilst I am once more enraged about likely lack of power sword option and the super generic chainsword...

I quite like the bare heads, And I really like the shoulder pads, enough so that I'm pondering if I'd like to replace the stuff I've already done, they are quite ornate looking, especially compared to existing pads for mk7/6. More in the style of the legion symbol but 100% better than forgeworlds offering