Iron Falcons Chapter

Tortirioan

So finished my scouts this morning (assembling them anyway) I kinda like how the army is going so far.

x2 Sniper scout squads with a Rocket launcher in each

x2 Squads of Intercessor Primaris Marines

x1 Squad of Riever Primaris Marines (will assemble the other one soon)

x1 unit of Interceptors (will be a second of these as well)

x1 Primaris Apothicary

x1 Gravis Primaris Captain (will replace him soon with the actual captain once my bits come in)

I will be getting a chapter ancient as well as a pair of Lieutenants down the road but I don't want to buy any more minis until these are done (and when I have money to get them lol)

Here is the army so far, I really like how they are coming out.

gallery_103657_14010_219089.jpg

I was working an element into the backstory of the chapter that the eagles were native to their original chapter home-world and that they train them for use as scouts and messengers. I was trying to work out how to add cyber eyes to all of them. The Eagle told the Apothecary where the marine's body was, that is why he is there.

I was working an element into the backstory of the chapter that the eagles were native to their original chapter home-world and that they train them for use as scouts and messengers. I was trying to work out how to add cyber eyes to all of them. The Eagle told the Apothecary where the marine's body was, that is why he is there.

You may need to scratchbuild a vox and/or auspex antenna for the eagle, to show it's under the Marine's absolute control, and there is no chance the animal will eat the gene-seed the Apothecary is in charge of protecting.

I would suggest adding a tree or light post of some kind anchored behind the marine and stretching out over his left side. Place the eagle on a branch or something with its head pointing away from the geneseed. That way there is less chance of mistaking the birds intent for hunger.

I am gonna switch it out for one of the other eagles that doesn't look quite so aggressive. Is there a rule that says I cannot use bigger bases than the model needs? I ask cause I was thinking of doing some scenery on one or two of these guys but am not sure if that would affect game play.

Larger bases are ok, but if they are too excessive (ie Guardsmen on 40mm bases), you'll get people moaning about an unfair advantage in board control

i was thinking i would do, the original base for the miniture then put a larget one under it, this would give me a 3d affect and give somewhere for the fighting measurements to be taken from.

Going up one base size for characters is fine - rather than putting one base atop another for a 3D effect, I'd recommend getting some cork or bark to make a rocky outcrop - it will look a lot better and fit nicely with the army theme :)

Going up one base size for characters is fine - rather than putting one base atop another for a 3D effect, I'd recommend getting some cork or bark to make a rocky outcrop - it will look a lot better and fit nicely with the army theme :smile.:

I have a buddy who owns a rock shop, was thinking of having him cut me some petrified wood pieces to use for that.

So here is the apothecary with the new falcon, I have not found a way i like to put a bionic eye onto the falcon. Might have to do something with green stuff or I may have something custom done, The real issue is that the darned thing is so small it is a pain to work with. I am also trying some different stuff with my camera, this pic is one of the best so far I think.

I am still pretty happy with how it came out, what do you guys think?

gallery_103657_14010_447177.jpg

The falcon's less aggressive stance suits the Apothecary better than the eagle. Will you reuse the eagle for a Librarian's familiar or a Captain/Chapter Master's mascot?

There are 4 eagles in the pack I got, I was planning on using the eagle shown before on the captain when his other bits come in and I can assemble him, then use the other two on my scout sergeants. I have some more on order but who knows how long it will take them to get in. Eventually I want each squad to have one, as I said they will act as messengers and scouts for the chapter. I an trying to find another dangling apothecary vial which I can put around this eagles neck or around his feet, to make it look like he is being used to transport the gene-seed to safety during the battle.

Where are your birds of prey from? Are they AoS Aetherwings?

Yes they are, very limited choices when it comes to small animals in the 28mm game world, even beyond GW.

HQ Resin got a few, ravens, vultures and such. And some characterful terrain.

Where are your birds of prey from? Are they AoS Aetherwings?

Yes they are, very limited choices when it comes to small animals in the 28mm game world, even beyond GW.

HQ Resin got a few, ravens, vultures and such. And some characterful terrain.

I looked at them, but was not too happy with the sculpt, and it's not a bird of prey, this mini I really liked but again not exactly what I was looking for:

https://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/raven/sku-down/03567#detail/IG_2356_1

First base layer on my first painted mini, so excited! I really wish I had a way to attach this bad boy to the desk so it would be steadier. Any suggestions? (Sorry for the picture quality I have to run out and so the picture was taken in haste)

gallery_103657_14010_145480.jpg

The model looks promising. I'm surprised he intends to fight with a knife in one hand, instead of mounting a bayonet to his bolt rifle; the (admittedly cool) pose is more appropriate if his left hand wields a pistol.

Mag Empty and no time?

So i blew off the ol' airbrush today, wanted to see if there was a faster better way to do primer and base coats. And dang does it save time, i got through about 20 minis in the time it would have taken me to do 2 with a brush (at least for me). I have been airbrushing for a long time, I am a gunsmith by profession and do custom coating for folks was nice to see a lot of work get done.

Will have some pics for you guys soon of some examples

Archived