"Emperor's Pointy Sticks, eh? Say, we're not one of those whacky "theme" armies are we?" - Cmdr/Gunner Kren

Well, yes and no (but mostly yes).
To anyone not familiar with the EPS from the webcomic Turn Signals On A Land Raider, you can check out there "historical documents" using this LINK.

I may be incorporating other elements found at the TSOALR site & forum, and I will attempt to steer elements towards a normal sounding space marine chapter - perhaps unsuccessfully, but I'll try. Hey, if there can be angelic names, nordic names, etc why not a naming structure around trees, right? Adeptus Biologica should be represented somewhere!

This will very much be a work in progress, as I'm also working on constructing an actual playing force of models. I've never done one of these before, and I'm looking to many others Index Astartes files for inspiration. So, if anything looks familiar style wise it's meant as a compliment not a rip-off.

sml_gallery_104219_14107_3456.png THE EMPEROR'S POINTY STICKS sml_gallery_104219_14107_3456.png

med_gallery_104219_14107_82885.png

CHAPTER NAME: IMPERIAL SPEARS [Cognomen - Emperor's Pointy Sticks]

CHAPTER FOUNDING: 2ND [1/821021M.31], Chapter 313
CURRENT CHAPTER MASTER: Sequoia (Sequoiadendron Giganteum)
HOME WORLD: Fleet-Based (Ref: Adeptus Biologis, Forge V'ley, Geodesic Domes)
FORTRESS-MONASTERY: Arx Arborvitae

FLAGSHIP OF THE FLEET: Dies de Triffids
CHAPTER SYMBOL: Brown Pointed Stick with Green Leaf
ARMOUR COLOURS: Purple, Skull White, Blood Red
COMBAT TRAITS: Cleanse & Purify, Die Standing
STRENGTH: Less than 300
BATTLE CRY: "POKE 'EM INNA EYE!"

sml_gallery_104219_14107_3456.png REFERENCES

The Octaguide 2.0 by Octavulg
Founding of the Emperor's Sticks by SteveC86
Colour Scheme of the Emperor's Pointy Sticks by SteveC86
Army List for the Emperor's Pointy Sticks by SteveC86
Do the Emperor's Pointy Sticks have Traits? by SteveC86
Which Company is featured in the comic? by SteveC86

I'm thinking of drawing inspiration from the Roman Hastati. This will essentially be a vanilla style army (for now).
The Hastae Pura was actually an award of merit, referencing a spear without an iron head (pointy stick?).
Also thinking of a culture/origin surrounding an Old Earth Biologica ship that either settled on some previously lost world or found floating in space.

Thanks for reading,
Chapter Master Sequoia, signing off.
Edited by Chapter Master Sequoia

My favourite bit is how you reverse-engineered the Emperor's Pointy Sticks into the Imperial Spears.  That sounds exactly accurate.  Brilliant.

Clearly the Turn Signals on a Land Raider is a Remembrancer's illustrated accounts of this great Chapter, as conveyed by Astropaths transmitting these images back to Holy Terra, thus its depictions cannot be taken completely literally, but this is hilarious.  Oh my god what a great idea.