[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Does anyone else with Blackthorn have posts they would like to make before/during the muster?

First off, sorry Blackthorn that ive been slow on the posts or none. 'Ive been finishing up another project that's been months in the making and yesterday we launched it, Ive got a few little bits to do for it but nothing that is time sensitive etc...SO im now back in the room so to speak

Ill post a double shot of recieving orders and then ill get rolling some dice in a minute and get the next part sorted. 

Feel honoured that my character is in the mix of the 3 to be considered as squad command. Be interesting to see what Chaplin Helgrim decides and why....

Loving everones posts and it feels like a real Watch Station and the goings on!

Speaking of failures:

Lysimachus' Wp Test to resist buying bitz to build a Titus mini even though I've got plenty of stuff to paint right now.

Wp 15: 89 (7DoF)

:biggrin.:

Hahahaha I did the same and made a character so that i can get a better feel for him!!!

Congratulations on your ABZU work, TBTL! 

Looking forward to your posts. 

Lysimachus - loving the model - I can't wait to see it completed! The only thing that occurs to me is that the head doesn't seem to match how you described Titus. (Too much of a "meathead"!) 

Congratulations on your ABZU work, TBTL! 

Looking forward to your posts. 

Lysimachus - loving the model - I can't wait to see it completed! The only thing that occurs to me is that the head doesn't seem to match how you described Titus. (Too much of a "meathead"!) 

Thank you CM, there was a lot of behind the scenes coordinating due to different time zones and the pandemic didn't help much with shipping stuff about! Turned out really well though. 

Back to this now though :biggrin.:

Thanks all!

Yeah, you're not wrong, I picked that one as kind of a placeholder? It does have quite nicely defined cheekbones, etc, so I was thinking with quite strong contrasts of highlight to shadow I could give it the gaunt look he needs? It's not glued in though (I always paint heads separately) so if I can't get the result I want I'll look for something else. If anyone has any suggestions of more thin featured Marine heads, I'm all ears!

Thanks to you Lysimachus I've ordered Jensus Natorian, some Angels Encarmine shoulder pads and some green stuff.

Not sure whether to apologise or just say damn right you did. :P Either way, make sure you post pics!

Yeah, you're not wrong, I picked that one as kind of a placeholder? It does have quite nicely defined cheekbones, etc, so I was thinking with quite strong contrasts of highlight to shadow I could give it the gaunt look he needs? It's not glued in though (I always paint heads separately) so if I can't get the result I want I'll look for something else. If anyone has any suggestions of more thin featured Marine heads, I'm all ears!

Check out Lieutenant Tolmeron, decently thin face.

That's a fricking awesome idea, not least because I bought him a year or 2 ago to use the body for another project and the head must be rolling around in the bottom of my bitz box somewhere...

That's a fricking awesome idea, not least because I bought him a year or 2 ago to use the body for another project and the head must be rolling around in the bottom of my bitz box somewhere...

If you struggle to find it, hit me up, I think I have a spare somewhere I could post out :)

Hi guys,

I'm finding that trying to see and how my skills affect points or rolls, the current tests being a good example. I tried looking at the core rule book and reading what the Skills and Traits description is, but it's not very clear if at all.

Can anyone direct or point me in the right direction...

Cheers guys

My placeholder's finally replaced...

...and a new one's up. I'm sorry for being absent for so long, but life got in the way. A big thank you to everyone who used Boros in their posts - great job fleshing out the character; I'm glad that peoples' views of him seem to align! Feel free to continue using the character that way, I'd be happy to interact with anyone.

Apostle - your rolls are up to you - some players like to use a website like Orikos, others just use online dice rollers or roll dice in real life. I don't believe people will cheat - and ultimately, if needs be I can cheat bigger and better than all of you!

TBTL: Sorry, but I'm a little unsure what you mean (and not at a computer, which makes typing this a lot harder.) Can you explain and I'll do my best to help?

Edited by Commissar Molotov

Placeholder updated :smile.: 

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/344357-dw-blackthornswordhand-episode-iii-the-sundered-house/?p=5670261

Of course, Lycus failed at the fellowship check out of everything. I guess his outsider position must continue. 

Oh well, at least he has Pallan :wink::tongue.:

Edited by ApostleRP

The dice really do tell a story at times. But they don't have me fooled, clearly Lycus is keeping his distance on purpose so he doesn't feel remorse when the Star Phantoms finally blast this Watch-Station outta the sky!

Is Helgrim going to have to smite a heretic?

Edited by Necronaut

I'm not sure how exactly the Inquiry Test will play out in my latest post, but my intent was really just to get any member of Blackthorn's thoughts or choices out into the open for the rest of the squad. If anyone who hasn't declared yet would like to mention the nosy poking and questioning Incariel would've done during the training session, feel free to. He would've been straight to the point (as much as a Shakespearian waffler can be) in asking who you support and if you want it yourself.

Edited by ashlander47