[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

I'm happy to just talk it out, I just thought figuring out where they both were ruleswise would give a good starting point of how to flesh out the narrative?

That said, getting to roll some dice early on could be fun too! :D

I'm fine with Incariel showing up and "ruining" the tasteful discussing/argument about the finer points of keen marksmanship. My intent is for him to vent some pent up emotion out on the firing range regardless, if it can provide some levity or add to the situation between those gathered there then that's all the better.

I'm happy to just talk it out, I just thought figuring out where they both were ruleswise would give a good starting point of how to flesh out the narrative?

That said, getting to roll some dice early on could be fun too! :D

If your up for some dice rolling I am. I see the situation more as a friendly jest, Ekieo knowing he could not fully compete against a 'sniper' but also not wanting to back down from a challenge.

I'm fine with Incariel showing up and "ruining" the tasteful discussing/argument about the finer points of keen marksmanship. My intent is for him to vent some pent up emotion out on the firing range regardless, if it can provide some levity or add to the situation between those gathered there then that's all the better.

I think having Incariel doing that would add tremendously to the scene. Both stopping silent and looking over as the range is ripped up

I’m not sure what to do yet. I was planning on Pyke staying behind at the chapel for a bit to pay his respects to Dorn, and possibly exchange a few words with the chaplain (if that is ok). After I will either have him go to the firing range or fighting cages to practice and get a feel for the other marines he might be working alongside.

I added my post as well. I wasn't sure how to determine what chapters I would recognize, so I left it vague. I hope this works. If not let me know! Also, I finally added a picture to Pyke's character profile so you have an idea of what he looks like.

What sorcery is this!? Did you do that amazing artwork?

Edit: not needed.

As a side point, I'm considering changing some of Titus XP spends to fit in Signature Wargear and SW Master, to make sure he always has his chosen sniper weapon, is it too late to make changes like that?

I added my post as well. I wasn't sure how to determine what chapters I would recognize, so I left it vague. I hope this works. If not let me know! Also, I finally added a picture to Pyke's character profile so you have an idea of what he looks like.

What sorcery is this!? Did you do that amazing artwork?

It’s a photobash I did. My style is a bit more comic book when I draw. I was initially going that route, but I really loved all of the actual photos people were using. Luckily I found a 3D model of MKIII armor, then tons of cutting bits and pieces from other images, color and hue adjustment, shading layers to blend pieces together. All done in procreate which was a challenge.

if you would like to see my other stuff you can find me on Instagram @otterepsilon

Awesome work, players. Reading your posts is a delight, and I love how you're already coordinating and collaborating.

Ashlander - although I won't ask you to edit your (already awesome) posts - the game's narrative will flow better if you can adopt a third person narrative rather than first moving forward. If you can do that, that'd be awesome.

Fantastic post thus far, Necronaut - hope your situation is improving. 

My intention is to update tomorrow - with Captain Diocles assigning you all to Kill-Teams. This will allow you to spend some time familiarising yourselves with your comrades - and selecting a Watch-Sergeant for each Kill-Team. 

I'll send this notice out via email as well to ensure everyone has what they need.