[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

R.e. my latest post, I didn't know how to determine hit location on the Mega-Mek for a psychic power, so I just picked his body as it was the most armoured and seemed the most likely location to hit.

I also don't know how to do the magnitude of the mob... Based on damage, I think Achillion kills the whole mob, however with it being just a straight line, this doesn't really make sense.

Happy to make any edits if I've made mistakes or if something doesn't work how you picture it Mol.

edit: I don't even know if psychic powers can be dodged!

Edited by Mojake

Bear with... currently researching... you've given me a lot to think about today...! (In all the best ways, of course. It's cool to see you getting to play with your awesome toys!)

Does this mean you're not going to participate in the Bolter Assault?

I will resolve the Bolter Assault and then do Achillion's action.

Bear with... currently researching... you've given me a lot to think about today...! (In all the best ways, of course. It's cool to see you getting to play with your awesome toys!)

Does this mean you're not going to participate in the Bolter Assault?

I will resolve the Bolter Assault and then do Achillion's action.

I don't think so, Achillion has his axe ready and is channeling his power. Short of throwing another grenade he wouldn't participate - and I think I'll hold onto them

It's just a thought, but Embe could use his Bolter Assault Move to leave combat and chuck a Frag into one of the Hordes, and then he'd be able to Charge back in again on his main Actions and gain the benefit of Wrathful Descent a second time?

It would also have the bonus of moving you out of the Mega-Mek's Charge Range, stopping it from getting into CC with anyone this Round?

Only downside is that the Grots would be allowed a free Hit on you as you leave combat, but 1 Hit at 1d5+1 (+1d10 for Horde size) Damage probably won't even get through your AV and TB... :P

The Blood Lance stuff is very interesting, only thing I'm not sure on is whether the line that it follows should be considered an area of effect?

Edited by Lysimachus

Had a few mins after my lunch, I hope Mol will forgive me for posting what I found... :D

Looking at Blood Lance:

So it would do 1 hit each on the Mek and the Nob. As far as the Horde goes, pg.360 says psychic powers hit Hordes once for each level of PR (so 8 times?), but area effect powers do +1d10 additional Hits on top of that. So up to Mol if the line from Blood Lance counts as an area effect?

When it comes to Damage, I'm not sure if you roll 8 separate d10s, or instead for each Hit you do, you roll 1d10 and multiply the result by 8?

It's the usual thing with Damage vs Hordes: once you do enough Damage to beat TB and AV, you do 1 point of Mag Dam and anything over that is wasted. Therefore, given that Blood Lance ignores TB and the Wrekkas AV is only 3, and every Hit will be minimum Dam 8 (d10 roll of 1 x8), each Hit you inflict should automatically do 1 Mag Dam without needing to roll any dice!

As far as saves go, it looks like you're just inside the 15m of the Forcefield so the Mega-Mek only has his Dodge (I think powers that work as a shooting attack can be Dodged?). Nob should also get a chance to Dodge. Hordes can't usually Dodge, however.

Also: 

R.e. my latest post, I didn't know how to determine hit location on the Mega-Mek for a psychic power, so I just picked his body as it was the most armoured and seemed the most likely location to hit.

I also don't know how to do the magnitude of the mob... Based on damage, I think Achillion kills the whole mob, however with it being just a straight line, this doesn't really make sense.

Happy to make any edits if I've made mistakes or if something doesn't work how you picture it Mol.

edit: I don't even know if psychic powers can be dodged!

From the Core Rulebook:

"Psychic Powers used against a Horde will hit it a number of

times equal to the Psy Rating used in the power, no matter
what the power may be. If the psychic power affects an area,
it adds an additional 1d10 hits."

1 hit = 1 magnitude damage

So not a horde wipe, but definitely a strong blow!

Thanks guys for looking into this. I must admit I thought on my first reading that you'd roll the D10xPR(8) individually for each target hit, rather than just once.

I'll wait until the Bolter Assault is resolved before we see the effect of the Blood Lance..!

Petragor - I know that A.T.'s character Atratus has done some brilliant stuff with the Assassin Strike ability, charging and then falling back before charging again. It's a deliciously nasty ability!

Thanks guys for looking into this. I must admit I thought on my first reading that you'd roll the D10xPR(8) individually for each target hit, rather than just once.

I'll wait until the Bolter Assault is resolved before we see the effect of the Blood Lance..!

Petragor - I know that A.T.'s character Atratus has done some brilliant stuff with the Assassin Strike ability, charging and then falling back before charging again. It's a deliciously nasty ability!

Hopefully I can emulate that come my turn, Wrathful Descent is a very nice ability to have

Tyber feels both humbled  by and drive to be better by the fact that he acknowledges that Atratus is a better swordsman with his ability to dart in and out of a fight.

Just a thought that's popped into my head, can we cut the power cable from the Shuttle to the Generator? Or slag the Generator itself?

The loss of gravity and atmosphere should put a sizeable dent in the Orks' ability to fight...?

Given that I should be right next to it, would that be a task for the Meltagun? Although I'm not certain if I would be more useful elsewhere?