[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Hey Lsimachus, does Bolter Assault require for all members in combat to be using Bolt Weapons when the action is triggered? Gideon only has his Meltagun and chainsword at the drawn currently and Vorr is wielding a Multimelta.

No if you have a Bolt Pistol you can use that or throw grenades. Space Marines are Ambidextrous

Yep, Bolter Assault is a Move of your Charge distance and a single Standard Attack with either a Bolter, Bolt Pistol or throw a Grenade.

But you can swap Basic/Pistol Weapons as a Free Action, so you could swap to one of the above for the Squad Action, then back to your regular equipment for your main Actions.

Double ninja'd!!!

Huzzah, we're back! :biggrin.:

@Mojake: Yep, you can spend a Fate Point to count the role as a 10 (that's what I did for Titus)

@Reyner: I think all we need to start with is a single 1d10 roll for Vorr's Initiative?

Ahhhh, and how often do we get those back again?

Not very often.

However - can roleplay your demeanour for a free one if the GM thinks it's good enough, or if you do something so awesome he gives you that nod meme.

They also refresh between sessions - although that's an abstract on a PBP game.

On a side note, if your character is about to die, you can Burn a fate point to survive, even if you have spent it.

Hi everyone !

My Mailserver keeps  sending the email chain into an infinite loop, so I am derailing this a bit to send some greetings this way to you!

Good to see so many of you around and kicking … and it’s fun to see Blackthorn/ Swordhand in the field again!

I think most of you k IW that I had to dial the PBP thing down mostly because work is still quite literally insane, but I / we are managing and do get in touch if anything comes around.

Now go out and blast some xenos scum! 

Hi all,

Bit of planning here. I'm thinking as he's up first (probably - unless Vorr has high Ag + a good roll) Titus will try to enter Squad Mode for an immediate Bolter Assault to get us all in as quickly as possible? I'm also thinking that he'd head for the raised platform to the north to try and clear out the Orks up there and take over a good sniper's position? Everyone cool with that?

Achillion will probably.prime his EMP grenade and see if he can catch the Mek, the Kan and the spacecraft

Unfortunately, Bolter Assault only allows a single shot Standard Attack rather than a Semi-auto burst, so you might not have enough Damage to wipe the Orks in question...

...although if you take Achillion's first rolls as his shot, which got the 10 for RF, you might still have just enough to take the target down?

For Embe, one good thing to remember is your jump pack doubles your Charge distance to 30m so, if you want, you can get further in?

Unfortunately, Bolter Assault only allows a single shot Standard Attack rather than a Semi-auto burst, so you might not have enough Damage to wipe the Orks in question...

...although if you take Achillion's first rolls as his shot, which got the 10 for RF, you might still have just enough to take the target down?

For Embe, one good thing to remember is your jump pack doubles your Charge distance to 30m so, if you want, you can get further in?

Thanks for clarifying, did manage to get an extra 5 on the first shot with RF so still drop him!

Lysimachus, can you just clarify regarding sights and your equipment? I see on your character sheet a preysense sight, but in your post you mention a "laser tracer" and a "focal sight". P.158 onwards of the core mention that a gun can only have one sight, so I was unclear what's going on.

Hi Mol, do you remember a few months back (just looked, back in July, where did that go?! :D) I asked you if I could rework Titus from a Raptors base because it worked better for a stealth/sniper character?

I sent you a link to a new Google Sheets doc, I think we both should still have access to it? Edit: Yep, it shows me and you, I can probably resend a link if you like?

The Sight is Titus' Chapter Trapping, you pick 2 from the options?

Edited by Lysimachus

Further to the above, I've just realised although I changed my sheet and the Ep.III Req sheet, I never changed Titus' section on the GM Kit Sheet!

So sorry for any confusion, Mol, I've now edited so that your GM summary reads the same as the main character sheet!

That makes sense - thanks for letting me know. The version of Titus's character sheet I have doesn't include those changes. If you could email me the updated one, it'd help me somewhat.

Petragor: Just to note that the Astartes jump pack doubles your base movement (which is 6) to 12; so your charge would be 36 metres. Let me know if you want to alter your movement before I resolve the actions.