This Thursday on Warhammer TV...

Prot

Legion trait- +6 inches spell casting

What, when did they say that?

Kind of a lousy trait honestly.

Gift of Chaos at 12"? Yes please!

Holy....didn't think of that one.

Lets one up this-Gift of Chaos at 12" used by a disk riding dude that moves 12"?

"get your special snowflake within 24" of my, I dare ya."

Suddenly the tides turned lol. Magnus dead, Predator exploded from a single Landraider salvo and took 3 wounds off the Daemon Prince as well. Landraider with two Terminators slowly advancing towards the TSons deployment zone and I don't really see anything to stop it lol

Problem is that Magnus whiffed his damage rolls. He and the Mutalith together didn't manage to kill the 5 Custodian Wardens.

Well Magnus lost his re roll aura, and sadly I never heard him do anything favourable for the army. (Not that I know that conclusively) but it appears Magnus may have become even more Magnus-centric than his Index version. He may still be better suited for Tzeentch... I would feel better if during the game they mentioned anything that indicated Magnus helps the army (any aura, any ability). Not sure though.

I'm waiting for Scarabs to do something too.

Magnus has been completely nerfed... No more re-rolling Invulnerable saves, Smite is D3/D6 and he's got a fixed WL trait : knows one additionnal power.

Btw, I think our Legion trait utterly sucks. Custodes get +1 to Invulnerable saves, making them virtually indestructible, and we got +6" to Psychic powers ? C'mon...

Magnus has been completely nerfed... No more re-rolling Invulnerable saves, Smite is D3/D6 and he's got a fixed WL trait : knows one additionnal power.

Btw, I think our Legion trait utterly sucks. Custodes get +1 to Invulnerable saves, making them virtually indestructible, and we got +6" to Psychic powers ? C'mon...

I know, I'm watching the game.. but there's good news too. And we don't know what Magnus costs... he could be cheaper.

It is clear to me that my 8th edition fears of Smite getting out of control has been realized by GW. Now they are pulling it back on armies that are forced to make a lot of mileage out of it... GK, and Thousand Sons. It will be interesting to say the least.

I love our legion trait, however something is missing. its a 2 part trait. 

earlier when discussing cutlists someone asked if the trait benefitted the cultists, the GW people mentioned something about "they benefit greatly from it" in regards to that, so theres a peice missing. 

Almost all of this is good news.

As it stands now, take Magnus because you want Magnus in your game (for narrative reasons or because you love the model or whatever), not because he's such a strong choice. He doesn't seem to be utterly bad either tho so I think it's more or less fine.

no, they said that if he rolls high, he will do 2d6 wounds. So the smite is unchanged for Magnus. The invul 1s is gone though. And the trait is fixed to knowing an additional power. Maybe we didnt see any of the abilities that they didn't say. They did mention that he is more 'shooty' in psychic phase and less durable.

Archived