How are your Custodes doing?

I have not gotten a game in for sometime now and plan on a 1k and 1500 point game pure AC vs DE this Saturday.  

I don't see myself winning unless I took mostly bikes.  But that is fine dealing with fast moving disintegrator weapon platforms will be rough.  Still should be fun and give my friend a good boost in moral.  

Hmmm I thought it might work since once are shield captains on dawn eagles and the others would just be one squad of three for fast attack sorry very new to this trying to find a way to use my 6 bikes and have atleast one as a shield captain. Have my first game in two days

You can take up to three shield-Cpts mounted on Dawneagles and three squadrons of Vertus Praetors.

Can is the key word here. Should you? That is something you will want to discuss with your opponent. Taking that many bikes is going to be difficult for any opponent to deal with. However, if they are cool with it then ride on! ^_^ Just remember this is a game and while you might have fun playing lists like this your opponent might not. Unless you're playing competitively I would try and flesh the list out with a few different units. 

Just my thoughts on the matter. Regardless! Be sure to write up a batrep and take pictures! The more experience we can share the better off we all will be!

Wardens are so fun. I think they’re truly iconic and feel righteously elite!

On the bike thing, here’s my take: yes I play a pretty competitive environment but I don’t like to go full out competitive unless I know my opponent wants / expects it. So let’s take bikes for example..... there are games that just like you, I want to try a larger number. So what I do is throw down a pile of other stuff considered less competitive. Things like Contemptor, Allarus, even a Landraider, and a lot of my lists have Trajann in them because the model and background are so badass. ;)

So I think you can flex your need to get some serious Virtus Praetors on the table in a fun game if you can find other ways of toning down the rest of your list.

So had my first games. I chose not to use my shield Captains on bikes because..... well yea did too much damage and too many buffs. Normal bikes were pretty good. Termies plopped in killer 20 warriors and just chopped their way through his back line. I was overall really I impressed with guardians. He was so distracted by my scary units that i got guardian into combat easily. And man when they go into

Combat they did some damage. I ended up winning all three games and it was so much fun

Got my game in and we had a blast only a 1k game both taking all comers lists.  I took mostly my models I had before the AC codex being just a unit of 5 sword board, 8 spears and a simple Shield captain from my old models that was just a dude with a sentinel blade and a Vexilla Magnifica.  Vs a nice mix of DE two wytch units and two units of warriors, plus bikes and two HQs.  

I have been playing against my friends DE going back to 2005 aka 3rd codex.  We had a good brawl as he choose to ignore the weakness in my army and came at me.  DE has always been a glass cannon but for a long time they have had a very little cannon and extra glass but I felt that he was able to really kick out a lot of damage in all phases.

I lost two guard due to a 4 death and a bad roll in my morale test even with the re-roll.  

Tangle foot worked out well combined with a poor charge roll I slowed down some wytches.  

I still feel that the double the cost of the storm shields for only a +1 to the invulnerable save is a bit much.  The shooting is still pathetic but that has not changed from the index but the resilience is nice.  

Had a tight league game tonite vs an aeldari flyer spam list designed for ATC... ATC is a super competitive 5-man team national tournament with skewed army lists. It had three Hemlocks which I totally hate and three Crimson Hunters... I’m sure my opponent would have liked to bring more Hemlocks. I ran my usual list which has issues with flyer heavy armies - I only have two units with keyword Fly. BTW I am working on refining my list for LVO 2019. I did lose but managed to kill several flyers, a Wave Serpent and almost got his Warlord. My Shield Captain absorbed an amazing amount of damage. These types of games are a learning experience and I welcome them. Tiggy was clutch casting psychic scourge every turn inflicting mortal wounds on the xenos flyers - I think it’s a legit power... if he had stepped outside it would have suicide.

Had a game yesterday versus AM with three dread Chaplain, AM and one Smash Captain. He was running a big squad of Bullgryn too. I have replaced my Culexus and Inceptors with three Smash Captains. First turn he uses a strat to deep strike his Smash Captain into my back line and mince some Intercessors. My Shield-Captain intercepts him and pulverized him. Allarus got into one of his flanks and tore it apart then played keep away to score line breaker while keeping the Bullgryn at arm’s length. Close game but his lack of mobility gave me the win.

Had a game versus Orks this past weekend playing an ITC mission. The game exposed my army’s Achilles Heel - having to hold an objective out in the open with no cover. This has cost me several close games and I’m not sure how best to address it. The Ork army had three tanks from Forgeworld with cannons that automatically hit and generate lots of AP2 wounds. Even Custodes would quickly wither. I’m interested to see any ideas how to deal with this issue. It’s really hard with these kinds of scenarios - especially versus armies like guard and Orks that can stick cheap as chips troops on their objectives. This turned out to be a close game but this really hurt me. ITC Missions you score a point each turn holding an objective and plus one if you hold more objectives at the end of the battle round... only the final turn was I able to hold as many objectives so I gave up 5 points which is the exact amount I lost by. I have recently modified my list so there was a bit of a learning curve which didn’t help.

After thinking about it I’ve changed up my list as follows:

-Ultramarine Battalion-

Captain - Teeth of Terra - Combi-Plasma

Tigurius

5x Intercessor - Grenade Launcher - Power Sword

5x Intercessor - Grenade Launcher - Power Sword

5x Scout - Bolt Pistols & CCW

6x Hellblaster

-Blood Angels Battalion-

Captain - Thunderhammer - Stormshield - Angel’s Wings (relic) /Warlord (Artisan of War)

Captain - Thunderhammer - Inferno Pistol - Jump Pack

5x Scout - Bolt Pistols & CCW (Power Axe)

-Custodes Vanguard-

Shield-Captain on Dawneagle - Misercordia - Auric Aquilas (relic)

Vexilla Praetor

4x Allarus Custodian - Axes & Misecordia

4x Warden - 3x Axe & Spear

Edited by Black Orange

I can’t bring myself to play guard. :D

Yea me neither. But I do own a large Mechanicus Force so I will throw them together to get a better spread on the objectives and it feels like a scene out if MoM. Lol

But it’s not as optimized as CP Astra farm. This is why I’m not a fan of ITC with pure Custodes but few play the army pure anyway.

Ouch! Auto hitting and at AP2? That's nasty, not sure how you'd weather that out in the open with Custodes? I intend to use my Custodes on their own so I expect I'll run into similar issues. Are there no options with pure Custodes to help?