Danny Cyanide does Imperial Guard - Elysians and DKOK

Danny Cyanide

Yeah, while they may not be all that useful right now, I love the fluff behind Commissars, and these two are such nice models that I decided to go for it!

I'm going to do officers out of the sash wearing models from the command squad.

99550105045_DKOKCommandSquadHQ01.jpg

One Warlord and 4 officers. I'll use these guys both Marshalls and field officers, but for Marshalls I'll sculpt a helmet crest on them.

Edited by Danny Cyanide

Trooping the Colour may be done, but the 111th Krieg Combined Battle Group still has a long way to go!

I'm not much of a sculptor, but I did sone helmet crests on a couple of command squad dudes tonight, as I described a couple of posts up, so here are the Marshalls of my force:

eYDNhHP.jpg

They are made with miliput white, so I'll sand them a bit once they are dry!

Edited by Danny Cyanide

Thanks Fish!

I am working out in the bush away from my family, so I have nothing but time! Plus, I'm able to paint and build some while I'm at work! I won't be able to keep this rate up once I'm back home, but it's great while I'm away!

Edited by Danny Cyanide

I'd be more than happy to share my blue recipe, with pictures even!

Base coat over White pre-shaded Black primer (No pic for this, sorry) with Vallejo Model Air IDF Blue 71.113

Q33WDN8.jpg

Brown - Citadel Mournfang Brown Beige - Citadel Zandri Dust Metals - Vallejo Medel Air Metallic - Black 71.073

TX6Jd0l.jpg

Wash with Citadel Agrax Earthshade

V3Hai31.jpg

Bring blue back up to Vallejo IDF Blue 71.113

ds65H4r.jpg

Highlight blue with Vallejo ModelAir Light Blue - 71.225

8xeaiw0.jpg

Shot of the back

yqDym5F.jpg

Beige highlighted with Citadel Ushabti Bone

EM0A4z3.jpg

brass with Vallejo Model Color Brass 70.801

8OtUqWw.jpg

Highlight leather with Citadel Skrag Brown[/background][/font][/color]

VpS1bnC.jpg

Base with Citadel Texture Stirland Mud

ubNYYJY.jpg

Edited by Danny Cyanide

So I'm sitting here building some more infantry for my DKOK, and have been contemplating the Army as a whole. Fluff wise, they are a combined Battle Group, a force made from a mixture of Regiments. The thing I'm having trouble deciding is if I should do them all in the light blue uniform, or if I should mix colour schemes by role.

If I went mixed, I think I'd go with something like this:

Infantry squads - blue

Engineers - olive drab

Grenadiers - almost black gray

Artillery crew - brown

Death Riders - ???

Officers - ????

I'm really not sure if mixing so many schemes would look good, or just make the force look like a mess on the table.

Let me know your thoughts! I have time to mull it over as I only brought infantry squads it to work with me, so for now it'll all be blue!

Well, I've been busy building the next batch of Krieg since Trooping The Colour ended. I'll be saving my armour for the ETL, but I'm still out in the bush working, so I've got to work on something!

Here are the next 4 infantry squads and 3 Marshalls ready to start getting some colour!

nmRG1Ec.jpg

I'm really happy with how my Marshalls helmet crests turned out, still have to straighten their swords a little though:

QxVgG3V.jpg

zCHjYay.jpg

As far as variation, I think you're fine. I agree with Duz and WF. If you're dead set on marking out squads though, just add a stripe on a shoulder pad, or make a marking on a sleeve, or better yet, different color cuffs (especially on the DKoK guys). 

First at ease squad in progress:

W4jq25V.jpg

To be honest, I'm not really a huge fan of these guys and I'm happy that there are only 2 of these squads in the lot of Krieg that I picked up! I honestly wouldn't have picked to buy them myself as I find the poses pretty boring, but I am planning to use the 2 that I have as back field squads.

Maybe I'm a little late with this, I think that the blue works for basic line troops and I can totally see why officers and special forces would have different uniforms but different uniforms for different units is likely to start looking messy. 

But then, you know, your plastic resin.