Danny Cyanide does Imperial Guard - Elysians and DKOK

Danny Cyanide

/shudders at siphon airbrush...

Should do the job though!

Indeed, I hate siphon feed but it was cheap! Since I didn't need to actually buy an airbrush, mine is just too far away for the next few weeks, so cheap was the main concern! Edited by Danny Cyanide

Well it worked great for $18! Got everything primed so I should be able to do some real painting later tonight/tomorrow!

9XGTyTD.jpg

To get to 1500 I will have to paint these all, plus another 20 Grenadiers and 10 Engineers.

Edited by Danny Cyanide

Right on Danny! Welcome back to the guard... I painted all kinds of dkok armor for the ETL and then sold almost everything in last few months.

It brings me joy to see your raw resin and am really digging the airbrush gold ya got for $18!!

List wise it looks like a solid mass of hard as nails troops with a nice amount of armor. Getting someplace quick will obviously not be happening but it seems like you have a ton of bases covered when it comes to AA/AT/ and AI.

Your losses are going to hurt pretty bad due to smaller grenadier squad size so I’m wondering if you’ve looked at taking a quartermaster to help stiffen some of the squads resolve?

Love the death riders (I have 22 awaiting assembly myself) and engineers (favorite minis in the range) and look forward to seeing you throw some paints down soon!!

How’s the weather where you are?

It's been a pretty mild winter so far, around -14 C so far, so not too bad!

As for the Quartermaster, I mostly split the Grenadiers into 2 squads of 5 to fill the Brigade, so I had planned to use the combine squads on then at the beginning of the game to return it to 3 squads of 10. I might try and find a place to stick a Quartermaster, but I'm not really sure what is want to remove to fit him in. Maybe the small squad of engineers?

Edited by Danny Cyanide

Thanks! It did a pretty good job for such a cheap plastic tool!

Kz9j5r6.jpg

I also built another 10 Engineers today, so now all that I have unbuilt for my 1500 point goal is 20 note Grenadiers! I have exactly 4 weeks left to meet my goal, and I've got a couple of really busy days ahead of me where I won't be able to do anything, so it's going to be a tight project!

Edited by Danny Cyanide

You’re a rockstar Danny! Push yourself and recognize your ability to paint a fantastic scheme on your minis... and if you feel like you’re not going to be able to give them their full (emperors) justice and finish in time then the commissar will happily lead you to the re-education tent for a quick brain wipe;)

After 2 really busy days I had some time to do some work today! I built the remaining 20 Grenadiers and got all of the troops primed and base coated!

This is the entire group here that will take my finished Krieg to 1510 points, so this is the complete group that I'm going to try and finish by Feb 06!

30 Grenadiers

15 Engineers

2 Hellhounds

2 Leman Russ tanks

1 Malcador Internus

pIxqucT.jpg

Thanks for all of the kind words guys! I'm having a lot of fun working on these!

I blocked in the details on the motor pool today, so with any luck I'll be able to start I'll weathering tomorrow! Can't have then looking fresh of the factory for now!

Malcador

ts047wO.jpg

Leman Russ Battle tank

Zz5Ug1S.jpg

Leman Russ Demolisher

TPUuOjv.jpg

Hellhound

cDyfHms.jpg

Add here is the rest of the motor pool weathered up:

Malcador:

hAyUEgW.jpg

Malcador during weathering:

9bQt8KO.jpg

Leman Russ tanks:

NWgvjFo.jpg

Hellhounds:

lRghvYK.jpg

So I need an opinion from you guys! I have to let the oils dry for a bit before I seal them, so I'm going to start working in some infantry, but I'm going back and forth on whether or not to add mud to the sides and tracks on these!

Let me know what you all think. I have a pigment with me that should match my troop bases pretty good.

It's a really simple weathering technique using oil paints.

You start by spraying a gloss coat over your finished tank. You apply oil paints where you want steaks to end up as seen in the "during"photo above. After you let them dry out a bit you take a wide flat brush with nothing but oil paint thinner on it and steak towards the bottom. The paint brush will"clean up" the rough globs you applied and you can manipulate the oil paints however you want.

It's a really simple process once you get the hang of manipulating the oil paints. Each tank took me about 2 hours from start to finish.

You have to give the oil paints a good amount of time to set up, I am going to give these guys at least 3-5 days, then you seal it again with a matte varnish and it's all locked in!

I'm curious how your Malcador Infernus has performed in game. Have you had a chance to use it yet? It's one of my favorite forgeworld models, but i don't want to spend FW prices on a horrible tank.