HH 50: Born Of Flame

hopkins

3 pages, and there's been what feels like a grand total of two sentences on the contents. Contents we've had available for years now.

How about we get to discussing Promethean Sun, Scorched Earth and Sons of the Forge, talking about their merits instead of what completely unconnected other stories we'd rather have?

You just said it, we have had them for years, these discussions were had....years ago. That is the issue with re prints, been there done that,  as for people who havent read them....well we wouldnt want to spoil it would we? 

• 3 months later...

On finishing Born of Flame I am left underwhelmed.

The Salamanders are left looking like incompetent Astartes at nearly every turn and it frustrates me that these and the Iron Hands are always shown in equally useless ways. It feels like they never win at anything!

Also, not sure why we got a time jump at the end but I suppose it’s all in the name of post Gathering Storm plot advancement.

On finishing Born of Flame I am left underwhelmed.

The Salamanders are left looking like incompetent Astartes at nearly every turn and it frustrates me that these and the Iron Hands are always shown in equally useless ways. It feels like they never win at anything!

Also, not sure why we got a time jump at the end but I suppose it’s all in the name of post Gathering Storm plot advancement.

Likewise. I just finished the first four entries and am honestly wondering whether Sons of the Forge is worth reading. Particularly since I stumbled over the ending anyway in T'Kell's Lexicanum entry.

It's not so much that the concepts were bad. More like that I found myself skim-reading the stories, impatiently rushing to the 'big reveal', rather than taking my time savouring each chapter as I do with most of ADB or Wraight's work. Plus all these names with apostrophes in them start to blur together after a while...

Archived