Mithril's, 2024 Army Challenge -T'au Army: WiP to Finished...

MithrilForge

Posted (edited)

No models finished being painted yet but I did make up some Guided/Observe laminated tokens for when the codex drops and I finish my force.

I remembered to colour code them at the last minute so I know which unit is being guided by whom :tongue: 

IMG_9849.thumb.jpeg.37953e899c082a921c0b1202384c8cc2.jpeg

Cheers ,M 

Edited by MithrilForge

@The Pounder- I’m not happy with my Stealth suits… been looking at them for a few days and deciding over Easter break to paint them … in a cloaking field :sweat:, I have an idea …. Let’s see how it turns out … 

cheers, M 

Love the thread Mithril! 

I just saw your tokens too... I really need something like this. I've been throwing bingo chips, coloured dice, potatoes, gumballs, space (GW) coins, post it notes, french fries, and cooking utensils to keep track. I like your system a LOT better!

• 3 weeks later...

6 years later…..

IMG_0022.thumb.jpeg.0ea3b4a64f5afd63363eccd91f1e0944.jpeg

there’s a couple things left to add to them and a base for the turret , but they’re pretty much finished (geez I shoulda just done that all those years ago :laugh:

better pics  later , next up is the fireblade to lead them … 

cheers M 

Posted (edited)

The Breacher team and cadre FireBlade are finally Finished (pics later tonight).

Will be focusing on Planning and Building units from now on for the Upcoming "Call to Arms 2024" Event (this should hopefully see a lot more done than I was expecting to Glacially produce :tongue:

first unit together and ready -Ghostkeel- 

IMG_0077.thumb.jpeg.397d385bfd2648c304b34bd7e016a953.jpeg

The Base is Gubbinz from the Void war bases box and I have filled in the Gaps with Vallejo texture paste.

Cheers, Mithril

Edited by MithrilForge

Posted (edited)

@The Pounder - thanks bud, I’m quite excited to get this figure done

(might have to be my first vow for the Event :laugh:

Q- you have the New codex right ?… I want to make sure I can take the quad missile pods on my enforcer, could you possibly check your Codex to confirm ?. 
* I only ask as we don’t have the Codex here in Australia yet … 

++Edit++ 

model finished and ready for priming ! 

IMG_0135.thumb.jpeg.179c11b4ba6e83ea2103337934ea150e.jpeg

Cheers, Mithril 

Edited by MithrilForge

@The Pounder - Thanks heaps for the Info :thumbsup: 

My FLGS said next week is pre order time for our T'AU codex...(I'm guessing GW is just sending it along with the new Chaos Codex :sweat:).

Now to work out what drones an Enforcer Commander uses to good effect :tongue: ... better ask @chapter master 454 ... :laugh: 

tonight I'm Building an Ethereal ...with drone hat (of course :wink: gotta stick to my theme)

Cheers, Mithril

More Prep work - 

I’ve finished my Ethereal in “Field Dress” uniform (this ethereal like to get into the trenches with the Lads :tongue: and inspire them from the front lines !!) 

IMG_0141.thumb.jpeg.9cb61ff2f65f0d81eef26b7f05406806.jpeg

*any guesses on the figure used ?!..  :wink:

cheers, Mithril 

Correct!!  it's the Devil Fish Turret Dude, I cut the Ethereal's arms and head off his original torso (I'm using the Ethereals lower half to make a Feral FireBlade :wink:

@The Pounder yeah I'm trying to get everything cleaned up & put together before the Event, I will probably Undercoat them and set them aside ready for the great Paint Mont'Ka

Mithril

On 5/18/2024 at 1:35 AM, Guiltysparc said:

I really like the green/white combo on the breachers, especially where you've done the colors on the helmets.

The posing on the commander is also very cool.  I'm building a commander now and noodling how to pose him.

Thanks bud, I kinda took the colours inspiration from Titanfall a bit, white green etc, on my commander I should have cut off the tab part that pushed in so I could’ve had more play with posing, if I make another commander I’ll definitely trim off the tabs to do a better pose. 

Cheers, Mithril