New Knight Castellan Revealed!

Vash113

I'm going to Warhammer World in three weeks time for the 40k Doubles, its 1000 points per player. If I take Knights it means I get no house trait or other advantages because you simply cannot fit 3 of the required knight types into 1000 points. *Slow clap*

Crusader, Gallant, and Helverin barebones is less than 1k. No bonus CP as said but you'd get everything else.

Are the relics locked to houses? Like I can't get a single detachment with the plasma relic on a Castellan and the Gauntlet relic on a Gallant, correct? That really is my main use for CP.

Each house has a unique one, there are several unique to the imperial or mechanicus knights, and plenty of generics. The Fist is a generic last I checked but you'd need a mechanicus house for the plasma relic.

The plasma relic is only mechanicus and the conflagration relic is only imperialis. So the different sides get one dominus each basically. Of the top of my head, amongst the general weapons, the relic RFBC is house terryn and the relic TC is house taranis.

There's also another relic chainsword (other than the ravager) that's house specific although I can't remember which house. And I seem to remember thinking that relic was worse than the ravager anyways.

The paragon gauntlet, ravager, stormspear rocket pod, skyshield (icarus carapace) and endless fury (avenger) are all unbound though

I am really liking the relic Avenger. It is something like a 42% increase in damage output for no points and just your Relic slot. I can see this being the default relic in a lot of lists.

I'm going to Warhammer World in three weeks time for the 40k Doubles, its 1000 points per player. If I take Knights it means I get no house trait or other advantages because you simply cannot fit 3 of the required knight types into 1000 points. *Slow clap*

Crusader, Gallant, and Helverin barebones is less than 1k. No bonus CP as said but you'd get everything else.

I'll be there too!

I'm allied with Necrons so we only start with 1CP... AAAAND he doesn't want to bring a battalion as it means splitting his blobs of 20 Warriors up... So yeah. It's rough.

I'll be there too!

I'm allied with Necrons so we only start with 1CP... AAAAND he doesn't want to bring a battalion as it means splitting his blobs of 20 Warriors up... So yeah. It's rough.

We should maybe get a couple of doubles teams from the board one year. B&C Knights represent etc :)

2 options I came up with for 1750 and works with the lance detachment.

valiant, 2x cannon, 2 missiles

warden

errant

2x helverin

castellan, 2x cannon, 2 missiles

2x gallant w/ stormspear

2x helverin

2 options I came up with for 1750 and works with the lance detachment.

valiant, 2x cannon, 2 missiles

warden

errant

2x helverin

castellan, 2x cannon, 2 missiles

2x gallant w/ stormspear

2x helverin

I'm in the same 1750 points boat as you, just what people have started to agrre on playing locally. That hurts pure knights pretty bad IMO. I like your first list but I'm of the opinion that gallants shouldn't have carapace weapons if they need to advance first turn, so the second list isn't my thing.. Something I was tinkering with as a pure knight list was this:

Castellan w/ 2x siegebreaker 1x missiles, 604 points (relic plasma)

Preceptor w/ ironstorm rocket pod 435 points

Gallant, 354 points (relic gauntlet)

Helverin w/ heavy stubber, 174 points

Warglaive w/ melta, 177 points

That's 1744 points, if I'm real lucky that would still afford me to swith out the preceptor heavy stubber to a multi-laser, just for fun (and why not?) This wouldn't be the strongest list but it has a nice spread of units I'd like to try out.

I wouldn't mix and match Armiger personally, if you're taking 2 I'd take 2 of the same time to maximise the efficiency at 1.75k why have 8 sweep attacks when you can have 16 or why have 4d3 shots when you can have 8d3 shots?

I wouldn't mix and match Armiger personally, if you're taking 2 I'd take 2 of the same time to maximise the efficiency at 1.75k why have 8 sweep attacks when you can have 16 or why have 4d3 shots when you can have 8d3 shots?

Agreed, while fluff wise mine will be a bit more mix and match on the tabletop it would be better to take two of the same based on what your big knights lack. I you take a Valiant take a pair of Helverins to hang back, Castellan with Warglaives, etc.

Valiant, 2 Gallants and 2 guard battalions one being a battery.

Yes it's silly, but running 3 knights with 16 starting cp means you can blow your 6 to start and still have 10 to use/regen in the game.

More than enough to get the use of the massive amount of strats we could have access too

So, for a close combat army:

Gallant

Avenger or RFBC with reaper or gauntlet

Valiant

Warglaive

For a shooty army

Crusader

Castellan

Helverin

Thermal or Avenger with melee

Which is better for CC army: House Cadmus or Mortan?

Ranged is better with Vulker, Hawkshroud, or Raven?

I need to decide what direction Im going with my army, and go full in on that. I own a Warden and Crusader, and just bought renegade. Oh, and two warglaives.

Anyone else notice the distinct lack of limitations on Death Grip. 

It literally says 'model'. I mean, technically (and I wouldn't advise this for obvious reasons) you could Death Grip a Warlord Titan. (You best roll damn well :P)

Someone, therefore, needs to run up to Mortarion, grab him by the throat, squeeze and state: 'I find your lack of faith (in the Emperor) disturbing.'

First to do so with pictures gets the beer!

It literally says 'model'. I mean, technically (and I wouldn't advise this for obvious reasons) you could Death Grip a Warlord Titan. (You best roll damn well :tongue.:)

You laugh, but I once had a toddler latch onto my Achilles tendon as I walked past.  It's an unexpected but not ineffective tactic.

Probably I’ll use hawkshroud all day long because i like durability.

I feel ya here.

If I ally in something I'm leaning toward a few units of Crusaders with priests and maybe a Primaris Psyker as the HQ. 

Something like this maybe:

[HQ] Primaris Psyker

[E] Crusaders x4

[E] Crusaders x4

[E] Crusaders x4

[E] Ministorum Priest

[E] Ministorum Priest

[E] Ministorum Priest

It is a little bit more expensive than other detachments but is pretty cool and can be used to help protect flanks and help screen the knights a little bit. 

Archived