Hermanista's Knights Mechanicus

hermanista

The old weapons just unclipped so put them in place for safe keeping away from pesky house cats.

Still work to do on them tonight, but they're in the "they'll do for night one" when other things have priority.

I've hoping to get home now and have a delivery note to go pic up the new resin bases and then that's tonight's work.

Well here we go, bases worked on and although the photos are garbage in this light, definitely tableworthy time.

Not completely finished, but certainly useable at the GT this weekend if I don't get any more time to work on them.

One 1750 Knight Household ready to take the word of the Omnissiah to the heretic, alien and unbeliever.

But mainly to hunt down auxiliary House Raven Castellans in imperial soup.

IUIsGNb.jpg

EC3FvaZ.jpg

yIMto0q.jpg

nnSlrfD.jpg

vuWz62M.jpg

FDpQCV7.jpg

my1ylT0.jpg

TiMz7e8.jpg

What do you folks reckon? Good enough?

Just pigments

Based the base in black and then mournfang brown.

Drybrush of Vallejo dead flesh - GW rotting flesh

Drybrush of dead flesh + wolf grey

Paint any details - silver for girders in my case

Leave to dry completely

Then use an old tatty brush and smother it with mig red rust pigments

Apply as you see fit, then gently blow it off.

Done

Just pigments

Based the base in black and then mournfang brown.

Drybrush of Vallejo dead flesh - GW rotting flesh

Drybrush of dead flesh + wolf grey

Paint any details - silver for girders in my case

Leave to dry completely

Then use an old tatty brush and smother it with mig red rust pigments

Apply as you see fit, then gently blow it off.

Done

So is that for just the dusting our how you did the leg in general?

And if I just need the dusting I'd start from the leave to dry step correct?

I also have to find the correct colour since my base is more a yellowish brown.

That's just for dusting.the metal on the legs was done with various silver's and then AK interactive enamel washes.

So played two games in Warhammer world tonight vs mates also practicing their armies for the GT this weekend.

Two tabling later and I'm proud of the Knights.

Took out a custodes force in three turns, and a Cawl Wall 5 brobot army in my 5th turn.

That'll do as a start, hopefully I can keep this up now :-)

Day one results, photo barrage time.

Game one against a stunning tau castle - dark strider, three battalions of tau fire warriors, couple of characters and some commanders, backed up by a riptide.

Just didn't have the firepower to trim the chaff.

Result - loss

S0lG4is.jpgD3jnerZ.jpgSejo7Le.jpgaCMvLdU.jpglzh4Cdv.jpgcLjxatK.jpg

bU0T9kW.jpg

Edited by hermanista

Game two, down to table 42 vs a guard tank company - my bread and butter opponent and playing the ascension mission for the first time.

Boosted both crusaders to characters, endless fury on one and ion bulwark the other meaning they could cap the objectives. Diagonal deployment where I had first turn.

It was never in doubt, in the end finishing 32 points to 1, which he earned for killing my Lancer, but not until the Lancer had wrecked several russes whilst the two crusaders and Armigers shot everything else to death.

Result - (emphatic) win

EGlW8ut.jpg

mum6lHj.jpg

Fmrzd1Q.jpg

pLblvrt.jpg

sipR0lr.jpg

lygnvTH.jpg

IXypdqv.jpg

Game 3, up into the 20s, and against a 'proper' knight army - raven Castellan with Cawls and ion, endless fury warden, errant and double Helverin.

Was going to come down to who got first turn. He got it, one crusader of mine and an Armiger disappear on turn one and as we know it's a slog when you lose a knight in turn one.

Still a great game, leaving me 1-2 for the day.

QUF5pYe.jpg

oqN2n6D.jpg

aLOMzRh.jpg

Not many pics for this one, it was over so quickly - 45 mins from start to finish.

On the plus side, I popped my Lancer into the lit cabinets for the painting competition, so we'll see how I've done today.

Also hoping vainly that I might get a best painted nomination, would be awesome of that happened.

twxB5EO.jpg

Fcnichl.jpg

How do, so after a break for a few days (in which I started building some Greenspan 40k pirates) I've gone and signed up for the League of Knights event in Notts at the end of the month.

Knight only tournament, single detachment, 2000 points. Alternate activations when you pick a knight and move/shoot/charge/fight.

Going to run my Vulker list again having enjoyed it a lot, and am probably going to take the following.

House Vulker

Lancer Warlord with Adamantine Knight and 2+ armour

Crusader with thermal, stormspears rockets, Ion Bulwark

Crusader with RFBC, stormspear, Endless Fury

3x Helverins

Part of me is considering the Styrix though, having never thought about using saturation bombardment on it for the 6s to hit generate and extra hit, and 6s to wound generate an extra wound.

Could be interesting if the crusader because target number 1 leaving the Styrix alive.

What do we think?

The Styrix has some decent defenses. With a natural 4++ vs range and 5++ in melee. I'm guessing you have the reaper chainsword variant as the siege claw/rad-cleaser might not be a good choice in a knight only game.

Another item that you can place onto it to make it more durable is the blessing, that way your healing 1-4 wounds a turn.

Well battlescribe has updated, meaning nice and easy to play about with different combinations.

Also reveals the Lancer dropped even more than I thought.

That means I can now put this together in a 1998/2000 point army

Lancer

Crusader with thermal

Crusader with RFBC

4!!! Armiger Warglaives

It took a while, but when the knight codex came out and I predicted 3 big knights and 4 small, finally that's been realised.

And it means I just have to update 2 bases to be ready for the tournament, not paint lots of new stuff.

Quite happy with that.

With the alt activations for the event, that means 7 activations a turn, and a cracking chance to do something every game.

Can I Devils Advocate your list for the Knight event Herm?

I'm not feeling the Crusaders. Normally, they're nearly an auto take - you've lots of firepower, but much of it is best suited against other targets. You will (presumably) be only facing Knights right? Would not be say, Errants be a better choice of Questorus Chassis? And if the Crusaders ever get charged, they've only their Riverdance prowess to fall back on.

Mathhammer says that against a Knight, you can expect the Avenger to do 3.5 wounds average, the RFBC 3.1, but the Thermal, 7. That means an Errant will typically outshoot your twin weapon RFBC Crusader with just the one gun - and for fewer points. It can then potentially grab another 10 average wounds with a standard Gauntlet in the Assault Phase.

With points saved/moved around, you could potentially even field say an Atropos. Expensive, but In CC alone will put out 19 wounds before any bonuses. Add shooting and it's likely to delete a Knight a turn. It's damn tough too. (Porphy the Wonder Knight will pretty reliably kill or cripple two per turn, but that's a huge points investment. However if there were ever a time to field one...)

Just food for thought really. I'm not taking into account any household stuff, nor do I know how the event works, so I might well be waaaay off the mark. I just feel that something like this calls for more the Anti-Knight Knight Crowd - or at least that'd be my inclination :)