Sadly, I think he works best as a firebase support unit.  

Reroll wound scouts means more mortals, and with devs and discounted missiles, you've got great things happening too.  

His only drawback I feel is his cost doesnt seem to have been brought in line with the other reductions. He really should be around 160 or so. 

Sadly, I think he works best as a firebase support unit.

Reroll wound scouts means more mortals, and with devs and discounted missiles, you've got great things happening too.

His only drawback I feel is his cost doesnt seem to have been brought in line with the other reductions. He really should be around 160 or so.

Yup, if you add in a Cpt for reroll to hit you have nearly the price for papa smurf, who is just so much better in comparison.

You could pair Malakim up with a shooty dread or 3 and spend 1 CP on the wisom of the ancients during the shooting phase.

Still, I agree, Malakim is a bit expensive compared to other characters.

During Index 1 times I used him in 5 battles in a tournament and a few test/practice games.

Reroll wounds are good, but often I wondered if I would get just as many caused wounds by buying an extra shooty unit instead of bringing Malakim.

In a realistic situation how many units can we cover with his aura?

2 Contemptor mortis with twin-weapon of choice, 3 x 5 man shooty squads (scouts, devs, hellblasters) and perhaps one more dread/shooty squad. Spend 1 cp on wisdom, reroll 1´s to hit and all to wound rolls. That might be good, but as pointed out G-man does the same for UM. But then again UM does not pressure with CC the way BA does. I´m tempted to try this set-up.

Doesn't he have a fix one as named character?

That's what I thought but apparently not. In 7th it was Lord of Ruin but that is now a special rule on his datasheet. Unless it's elsewhere in the Index or in a FAQ, he has no trait.

Doesn't he have a fix one as named character?

That's what I thought but apparently not. In 7th it was Lord of Ruin but that is now a special rule on his datasheet. Unless it's elsewhere in the Index or in a FAQ, he has no trait.

Hm if that's the case ... the +1D trait is always available but I also like the deny the witch trait and the 6" HI trait (unless the opponent has 8" movement and enough room to run he basically can't escape unless he charges him with another unit after falling back ... or shoots him to death :D )

I don't really think morale immunity is needed. With ATSKNF, above average LD and MSU Marines are pretty save in that regard. Maybe for Deathcompany tho ...

Archived