100 Tacticals is 1300p of models. 200 Cultists is 800p of models. So it's more like 300+ horde vs 100 Marines. If they run less it just means they have more points for actual heavy hitting stuff the Marine player would be missing.

300+ horde doesn't work in tournaments because of the time limit. Horde armies become stronger turn by turn, the idea is to be able to play to the very end of the game. That is why while statistically weaker 100+ tacticals could actually be better for the horde tournament list than 300+ cultists.

Tournament matches rarely get finished within the time.limit and as said if you take less models with the horde army it just means they have more points left to spend on actual hard hitting stuff like tanks and such.

So after being inspired by this thread and the video, I'm going to try something like this list, I think I'm going to modify it ever so slightly just to better fit my play style but I'm going to try it out tomorrow against my friend who is an avid eldar player. I've told him nothing of the list other than the number of bodies I'm planning to bring. Hes not exactly hyper competitive so we shall see how the black tide fares against a higher tier army

• 2 weeks later...

So after being inspired by this thread and the video, I'm going to try something like this list, I think I'm going to modify it ever so slightly just to better fit my play style but I'm going to try it out tomorrow against my friend who is an avid eldar player. I've told him nothing of the list other than the number of bodies I'm planning to bring. Hes not exactly hyper competitive so we shall see how the black tide fares against a higher tier army

Any news? :)

Any news? :)

Actually did a little batrep over in my personal armyblog here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/339875-the-purgation-crusade/page-2?do=findComment&comment=5061818

Tl;dr - lost but learned a whole lot and will be giving it another shot very soon!

What are the thoughts on mixing in something other then Crusaders for some extra “quality over quanity” something like 70-80 instead of 100-110 marines, but more mobility/special/heavy through the use of Bikes/Assault/Veteran/Devastators etc? Thinking something like 2-3 assault squads with JP swapping out a couple choppy crusaders with a JP chaplain and a couple Devistator squads swapped for shooty crusaders? Still having the bulk being about... 40-50 Initiates/Neophytes?

Could mix and match in some Vanguards or msu bikes for mobile firepower. Maybe even toss in a TFC for some indirect fire?

• 5 months later...

Archived