ETL: Legions of Corax discussion *(Check First Post)*

Dracos

Thank you. I now see why the first Vow is the biggie. Best to leave the smaller/quicker projects at the end just in case there is time for a last minute Vow. 

Sounds like that’s a definite yes. Looks like the trick is don’t over extend on (first) one. You don’t “need” to complete five Vows ... just don’t fail one as all the points you earn for your faction are then lost.

.... and the Blood Angels look like they’re taking this pretty seriously :eek

I can probably do a unit of Aggressors and a VenDread.

Possibly a Whirhinoback as well. Hmm. If I paint up all the options can I count it as 3 separate vehicles?

No, you would need to paint 3x Chassis to get points for 3 units, choose the most expensive build :tu:

BA take it very seriously.  But they are their own faction, so it matters in that regard.  For Raven Guard, we contribute to the overall C:SM faction.  That's not to say this forum should slack as there can be inter-forum competition as well (is there another black-armored group we can "work" with :cool.::ph34r.: ).

BA take it very seriously.  But they are their own faction, so it matters in that regard.  For Raven Guard, we contribute to the overall C:SM faction.  That's not to say this forum should slack as there can be inter-forum competition as well (is there another black-armored group we can "work" with :cool.::ph34r.: ).

Yeah, but shouldn't we be purging the Black Legion vs. working with them? Sounding a littler heretical there, Race. Do we need to schedule a checkup with the local inquisitorial representative for you?

:lol:

So, I'm narrowing down my ETL list and getting commitments prepped.  Let me get my math straight: 5 stock Sternguard are 90points, but a Chapter Champion is 65 (iirc)?  If this is true, I could paint 1 dude in the time it takes to get 2 other dudes done, but then have to spend more time to get the other 3 dudes in the squad done?  By that reckoning, it's more time and points efficient to paint characters for the ETL.

Or am I kidding myself ...

I was thinking the same thing. I've got the characters from the DI box off sprue and cleaned up. I could paint up the Primaris Captain and 2 Primaris LTs, plus my cataphracti captain for a total of 498 points for four models. Or I could paint up 5 hellblasters for a base 165 points... And the one thing my list lacks right now is any HQ's that are painted...

Exactly!

I mean, if you have the time, then the sky is the limit (I'm looking at anyone who owns a Thunderhawk!).  Otherwise, I think the better plan, from a certain point of view, is to work on less models with high point cost.  This may be limited to infantry though.

I'm hoping to get at least one vehicle done during ETL. I've never painted anything bigger than a Space Marine before though, and my current vehicle stockpile needs a little work since they've all been sitting in a box uncared for since 2005. The Dreadnought needs some repairs, and the Predator seems to be missing a few parts that I'll have to hunt round for, but I'd like to get one of them done to challenge myself.

Are we allowed to pledge for multiple factions? Ie, can I pledge for RG and BA and my (blossoming) Drukhari army?

I'm thinking about pledging 2 predators for RG so I can do killshot....whatever I have leftover for Blood Angels, and...maybe some DE stuff.

I’m pretty sure you have to allign to one specific group.

I have my first 500 pts ETL Vow figured out......I think pretty easy when Deathwatch is so :censored: expensive

Are we allowed to pledge for multiple factions? Ie, can I pledge for RG and BA and my (blossoming) Drukhari army?

I'm thinking about pledging 2 predators for RG so I can do killshot....whatever I have leftover for Blood Angels, and...maybe some DE stuff.

Nope, you have to make a tough choice. The ETL has always had the element of Codex "patriotism". So you must choose your side and stick with it to the (bitter?) end! :smile.:

Race for the win .... 

Kestrel <Shrike>

Shadow Grav-Captain

Captain of the Gunline

Shadow Walker <Cullexus>

Shadow Librarian

Not sure what the points add up to but sounds like a good reserve for a fifth Vow

• 2 weeks later...

Ok gang.

If you have not already, Time to start making mental commitments to this event. Also, to maximize time to paint (unless you are into greater challenges), build and prime. Once the event kicks off, time does not forgive easily. :)

Ok gang, here's what I think I can do:

Centurion Devastators (HB/Hurricanes)

Tartaros w/ LC

Chapter Champion

PA Ancient

PA Apothecary

Imperial Space Marine (kitbash)

IF, those Centurions are not as bad as the bitz suggest they will be, maybe ... maaaaybe ... a standard Indomitus TDA squad.  And man that's a 'uge maybe.  Bigly.  Frankly, I could add a Vindicator but I would have to start building that yesterday :laugh.:

This is just a goal and will get spread out over several vows.  It's those Centurions that has me be like :ermm:.  Yet those models are the biggest pool of points in one unit for the ETL and will likely be the first and only vow to see what it'll take.  We'll see after that.

Luckily (?) I may be able to add about 3 hours per week starting in June.  I could probably start working on other stuff on my log but short of yet . another . captain . or . lieutenant model I got nothing that could proudly be done after the list above.

Archived