ETL: Legions of Corax discussion *(Check First Post)*

Dracos

Every point counts and successful 1st Vows are an important factor. Do what you know you can and anything your sure you can completed after the first is gravy. :D

1st Vow

- 5 Intercessors x4

- 5 Hellblasters x3

- 5 Aggressors

- 5 Plasma-ceptors

All except the Interceptors are ready to be primered. M

The RG Contemptor and Xiphon look like they might be a challenge but if I can get the HB Sentry Guns in time I want to make my 2nd Vow an all Forge World project.

Every point counts and successful 1st Vows are an important factor. Do what you know you can and anything your sure you can completed after the first is gravy. :biggrin.:

1st Vow

- 5 Intercessors x4

- 5 Hellblasters x3

- 5 Aggressors

- 5 Plasma-ceptors

All except the Interceptors are ready to be primered. M

The RG Contemptor and Xiphon look like they might be a challenge but if I can get the HB Sentry Guns in time I want to make my 2nd Vow an all Forge World project.

You are putting my single Tac Squad vows to shame.

But I like the list - since I've found out that you can indeed use regular heads (Mk VI Helmets on Primaris FTW!) and shoulder pads on Primaris Marines, I've been thinking about getting a few myself some time.

I’ve seen some of your pics posted. You do good stuff. Mine, I’m happy if it’s 3 color table top ready (and based)

I’m just lucky enough I like doing things in stages and the Captain’s ETL announcement caught me at the phase of assembly. And I cheat. :D most the painting is ... let’s call it air brush in a can lol. After that I use a dip wash and drybrush. Just leaves painting details like the eyes and purity seals etc to do by hand. I just need to make sure there isn’t like a limit of one week for an Vow or I’ll need to adjust that slightly (a lot).

I’ve seen some of your pics posted. You do good stuff. Mine, I’m happy if it’s 3 color table top ready (and based)

I’m just lucky enough I like doing things in stages and the Captain’s ETL announcement caught me at the phase of assembly. And I cheat. :biggrin.: most the painting is ... let’s call it air brush in a can lol. After that I use a dip wash and drybrush. Just leaves painting details like the eyes and purity seals etc to do by hand. I just need to make sure there isn’t like a limit of one week for an Vow or I’ll need to adjust that slightly (a lot).

Thanks! :happy.:

I tried a wash on my first UM - his background story now is that his Plasma Gun has exploded on him once before and that's why he's covered in grime.

Now, I just do a coat of one color, no washes, no highlights, but try to paint a lot of details and liven things up that way.

And after painting the eyes and such, I need tp clean things up with the base color anyway so any highlighting would have been done in vain :ermm:

I’m just lucky enough I like doing things in stages and the Captain’s ETL announcement caught me at the phase of assembly. And I cheat. :biggrin.: most the painting is ... let’s call it air brush in a can lol. After that I use a dip wash and drybrush. Just leaves painting details like the eyes and purity seals etc to do by hand. I just need to make sure there isn’t like a limit of one week for an Vow or I’ll need to adjust that slightly (a lot).

Thanks! :happy.:

I tried a wash on my first UM - his background story now is that his Plasma Gun has exploded on him once before and that's why he's covered in grime.

Now, I just do a coat of one color, no washes, no highlights, but try to paint a lot of details and liven things up that way.

And after painting the eyes and such, I need tp clean things up with the base color anyway so any highlighting would have been done in vain :ermm:

The trick is to pick an appropriate color for the wash. For Ultras I would use Drakenhof Nightshade.

I only use Nuln Oil on metal and things I WANT to look dirty.

Incidentally that led me to my new approach to Raven Guard skin. Ulthuan Grey->Drakenhof Nightshade->Pallid Wych Flesh.

Brothers as the time approaches, I wish all the members of the Ravenspire, good Luck in the upcoming ETL! I wish I could assist you in reaching glory other than on the side of the Emperor of Mankind, but Chapter Master Lias Issoden has requested I go and cause havoc in the IFOR section as the Xenos threat in my Region of the Galaxy is just to large for the Raptors 10th Company to deal with alone....VICTORUS AUT MORTIS

Fellow Shadow Captains ... first blood for the Chapter has been declared ^_^

Small it may be, much time will be needed to complete it :pinch:

And that is the last whining you will read from me about it.

So where is everyone else on their 1st Vow?

I’m in middle of assembling the 5 Inceptors up to stage one of my “process” and should be making my official Vow Friday. All Infantry (sans the Scout conversions) around 1400 points. Making myself knock out the bulk before treating myself to the HQ conversions and the Forge World stuff. :D

my vow is up so is Major Nese's ........just not in the Astartes section :biggrin.:

Dracos puts on his Chaplain *hat*:

“Now my Brother I know their has to be at least one little HQ choice you got laying around somewhere. Remember every point counts and the completion percentage is an important factor from what I can see this year. Your kin are depending on you.” ;)

My Tartaros Terminators are black tacked together, as they have been whilst they patiently wait for me to finish the Storm Talon I've been trying to get done since September, ugh.

Really looking forward to getting on to them, actually. ETL hasn't already started, has it?

Got the grey on the Centurions and will start washing after I post this.  If I can get all this done tonight then I might get these done in three weeks at my current availability :down:

Need to get things primed and look at my calendar before I vow anything. Got a lot of things I could potentially do but I don’t want to fail and let the Ravenspire down.

Hopefully once the rain stops I can get things primed and sort out a vow before next weekend - the family’s away so I should get plenty of time to paint.

my vow is up so is Major Nese's ........just not in the Astartes section :biggrin.:

Yep. All 18 skitarii legs and the first 4 torsos painted. I went at the project with basecoated stuff, but won't contribute many points in the first weeks. Skitarii are dirt cheap in points, but extremely detailed, that will take time. Knights are next, that will be a lot quicker.

Well gang, I hit a snag in my ETL plans ... I'm selling/buying a home. 

This means I need to prep the home for Open Houses that could happen daily.  That means I gotta put away A BUNCH of my stuff, which is to say my hobby.  Having said that, I can certainly make a thing to (un)pack stuff quickly, but the convenience is out and that burns time.  That's the selling part.

The buying part clearly means stuff has to get packed, the move, and the unpacking which is more time.

All in all, yay for the family!  But my desires for the ETL are getting washed.  I may be able to get my first vow done, but everything else is looking grim.

Archived