ETL Motivation & Planning Thread

StruManChu

This kind of crept up on me, but I finally put in my orders for everything today! Left it a bit late, but hopefully it will all arrive in time. Looks like it's going to be my 20 secutarii peltasts and 6 Thallax up first. I can't seem to scrounge up the Ruststalker princeps head I want for my Axiarch conversion, and I don't really want to buy a whole box of them just for one head, so that will have to be pushed back to a later vow. I'm planning quite an intensive magos conversion too, so she won't make an appearance for a while either. Hopefully I can get some advice and inspiration on where to go next as the ETL progresses :happy.:

Well, to my knowledge the only model I have that is faction specific is Calleb Decima, so I will be leaning towards the Loyalist side I think.

Looks like we'll be duking it out on opposite sides of the schism then :laugh.:

I will definitely be on the traitor side.

@captain semper Is now the right time, to ask about the changes to our point values?

No changes. The points values will be as presented in the red books...

@captain semper Is now the right time, to ask about the changes to our point values?

Where do we stand on Daemons?

Well, to my knowledge the only model I have that is faction specific is Calleb Decima, so I will be leaning towards the Loyalist side I think.

Looks like we'll be duking it out on opposite sides of the schism then :laugh.:

Unfortunately, as I think we are the only two Mechanicum players so far.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing those conversions.

Usually on the head or neck area. Daemonic biology is obviously very different than terrestrial beings, as they don't really have a true nervous system, and don't really breathe, etc., but the symbolism is important when dealing with them. ;)

Hmm 8 days to build my atropos to a paintable level and possibly secret squirell some other stuff together... this could be the year of the Lord's of war for me.

*looks at PUBG on computer* stay back foul temptress I have to soldiers to play with!!!

8 days is plently of time to build a Knight AND play PUBG. ;)

Also, here's that pic I promised you and completely forgot to post! It's probably not life-changing, but I liked the was they put these together. There's a lot of movement in these poses which you don't often get to see in Knights.

gallery_67188_11206_31466.jpg

Those poses are awesome much more movement and honestly they look cooler and more like I imagine them in my head!

Oh i know but have to get the knight built before I go back to mixed trolling/getting killed 10 seconds into a game

Good stuff Brother Sanvael! Is that a new army, or are you expanding on your existing stuff?

Also, you'll want a hair dryer and some spare time for the Fire Raptor and Storm Eagle if you haven't built those yet though. I've built a few each myself, and while I haven't found them to be as bad as some people say they are, they need some love and attention. And liquid green stuff.

AoD faction has only access to the explicit contents of the red and black books. No allies or other add-ons. If it is in the red books it’s fine. If not, it’s not allowed.

PM me if you want discuss further. :)

AoD faction has only access to the explicit contents of the red books. No allies or other add-ons. If it is in the red books it’s fine. If not, it’s not allowed.

PM me if you want discuss further. :smile.:

How does that interact with fortifications?

Well, my vows are going to be problematic. Most of what I have to work on is piecemeal for different armies. I have a few units for my Alphas left to paint, but as I have an event in late May most of what I would work on for ETL is already done. I do also have three Veteran Tactical squads that will be the beginnings of my Blood Angels, and then there's the possibility of buying more for both factions in early June. The Alphas are traitors, the Angels are loyalist, and I'll likely be getting Alpharius when he drops. I guess I have to pledge it all to the Warmaster's cause?

Archived