Commissars are back! Guard and the big FAQ

H311fi5h

Yeah, now that we have even more control points, give your warlord master of command, and another officer Laurels of command and you will have 10-12 a turn... If you don't think you have enough command points without farming, spend one to also take Kurov's Aquila if you really think you need it.

the 9 Orders won't be enough if you want to play 12 Infantry Squads

that's what i meant when i said no mass Infantry anymore:down:

And i know this list isn't that competitive but it is fluffy and fun to play.

Oh come on! You really don't need to give an order to every single squad every single turn! You can still run we infantry squads if you want, you will just have to think a little harder about what squad need the orders each turn!

Plus, 3 of those squads will die right away anyways.

Oh come on! You really don't need to give an order to every single squad every single turn! You can still run we infantry squads if you want, you will just have to think a little harder about what squad need the orders each turn!

I didn't even mentioned all my HWTs and Command Squads who became Orderless in this List.

Ans yes i think you should at least be able to Order every Infantry Squad ore they will die just doing nothing at all.

I mean they are not great, what makes them great are the Orders.

At least thats my opinion:sweat:

Ans yes i think you should at least be able to Order every Infantry Squad ore they will die just doing nothing at all.

Standing fast and dying is what we breed Guardsman for son. ;)

If you're worried about extra orders, take Platoon Commanders. At 20 points they hardly break the bank.

-Ran

the 9 Orders won't be enough if you want to play 12 Infantry Squads

that's what i meant when i said no mass Infantry anymore:down:

And i know this list isn't that competitive but it is fluffy and fun to play.

Another option is blobbing two squads together for a CP (this isn't to everyone's tastes, But all those dice are amusing).

The beta might not be to everyone's tastes, but we can play with it then adapt and overcome it.

Yes, with the extra cps available blobbing becomes more viable and makes orders more efficient. Changes the meta a little.

Also no one seems to have mentioned the clarification on hwt having las guns now. Extra dakka!

Also no one seems to have mentioned the clarification on hwt having las guns now. Extra dakka!

I didn't even mentioned all my HWTs and Command Squads who became Orderless in this List.

Good god man, how many company Commanders were you taking? Lol!

Infantry lists will not be dead, you will just have to think a little more tactically about the roses availible to you! Plus if you are taking 12 infantry squads you should have a bare minimum of 25 (batallion and 2 brigades?) control points availible to you, so things like combining squads, strategem orders and an additional relic shouldn't be a problem.

Combine some squads and take advantage of the return of the Commissar!

Good god man, how many company Commanders were you taking? Lol!

Infantry lists will not be dead, you will just have to think a little more tactically about the roses availible to you! Plus if you are taking 12 infantry squads you should have a bare minimum of 25 (batallion and 2 brigades?) control points availible to you, so things like combining squads, strategem orders and an additional relic shouldn't be a problem.

Combine some squads and take advantage of the return of the Commissar!

Yes it was a 2 Brigades 1 Battalion list(a thing that also will not work anymore thanks to the rule of 3)

I played 2 Infantry Squads 1CC 1 Comissar and 1 Command Squad as a sort of platoon together.

And that 6 times in total

Including some support Teams of HWTs and Commanders i came to a total of 8 CC in this list

And as you see not every unit in my army got an order only the ones how needed them.

I also have to admit this isn't my only list i played and all my other lists are not that bad destroyed by the rule of 3 as this one.

You could replace 2 of your command squads with veteran squads, 3 of your Commissars with Lord Commissars now that they got cheap!

Not sure what weapons you were taking in your heavies, but you could reach out and add some heavy mortars or thud guns to keep the infantry theme alive!

I do get bring disappointed about things changing, I was very disappointed that my Elysian special weapon squads and command squads can't deep strike turn one any more, I even initially felt like there was no point to my Army any more as that was the defining feature of Elysians to me.

Then I cooled off and started thinking about where to go from here. Those squads that I wanted in my opponents face now ride in a Valkyrie, so they can still get in the thick of it turn 1, and I'm going to use my deep striking more for objective grabbing. I realized my Army want dead after all!

With the amount of bodies infantry guard can bring, they will still be powerful, even if they have to look outside the box for some hwt replacements, and have to make sure with fewer orders.

You could always run a Krieg or Elysians detachment, as their heavy weapon squads, command squads and commanders are unique data sheets!

Yeah i know it isn't that bad after all.

But i am still a little bit salty i can no longer bring lists i want to play how i want to play and have to bring lists GW wants me to play.

I really loved the open way to writh a list so basicly everything was possible.

And now this is gone because some WAAC players abused this.

So i as a casual player got punish for things Hardcore Tournament players did.

I get it, I was salty to yesterday! I even wrote GW a letter about my thoughts.

We are really lucky though as guard players, the rule of 3 really won't affect us much as we have 3 seperate lists to pick from that all have redundant data sheets. If you want 6 heavy weapon teams, make a Codex detachment and a Krieg detachment! If you want 9, Codex, Krieg and Elysians has you covered.

I am sorry but I am happy full-infantry lists will be discouraged (*not* dead, just unable to maintain a 1:1 order ratio, which is excessive anyway).

Come on, they might be wonderful to see in pics but honestly they are a pain to play. And to play against. Horrible long times in unpacking/repacking, deploying, moving, rolling dice. The game is long enough as it is with all those silly rerolls, we really should not make it unbearable by bringing hordes. I can only welcome any rules adjustment that encourages a more focused, 'restrained' play, despite the fact that I do have plenty of men and would theoretically like to field a horde sometimes. But just thinking of the above has always been enough for me to prevent it.

Yes, with the extra cps available blobbing becomes more viable and makes orders more efficient. Changes the meta a little.

Was there ever a confusion about that?

For me it always was clear that they have a lasgun:sweat:

I mean in the Codex stands every HWT is armed with a Lasgun and Frakgrenades and must take a heavy Weapon in addition.

If the whole reason you're playing it is because it's fluffy and fun... Play Narrative and keep the same list you had!

If it's not a competitive list, why force yourself to play competitive rules?

As someone with only 3 non-special character HQ options for my Drukhari, none of whom can be in the same detachment, it's really hard for me to take my fellow Guard Commanders' complaints seriously.

Well, I imagine in part its the principle. IG are supposed to spam cheap (but individually weak) units. It's literally their thing. Hence, it makes little sense for them - especially in the case of their infantry - to have the exact same 0-3 limitation as elite armies.

With regard to Drukhari, I think the codex itself is a pile of garbage wearing some nice tassels. Yeah, splitting an already-small codex into 3 subfactions that can't be in the same detachment without losing their bonuses, that's a bloody genius idea. Oh, and let's make it even better by removing 2 more units from a Codex that has been haemorrhaging models since 5th. And then we'll still refuse to give them any new HQs, so that each of their incompatible subfactions is stuck with a single HQ choice. Oh, but don't worry - they have a wopping 3 special characters (2 of them subfaction-specific) to supplement their 3 HQ choices. And, naturally, the 3 HQs are completely inflexible (because obviously the HQ section in what is ostensibly the fastest army in the game should have no mobility options whatsoever), and are totally reliant on having artefacts and warlord traits to be even remotely worth a damn.

But yeah, it's totally the FAQ that's tripping Drukhari up. :rolleyes:

I get it, I was salty to yesterday! I even wrote GW a letter about my thoughts.

We are really lucky though as guard players, the rule of 3 really won't affect us much as we have 3 seperate lists to pick from that all have redundant data sheets. If you want 6 heavy weapon teams, make a Codex detachment and a Krieg detachment! If you want 9, Codex, Krieg and Elysians has you covered.

1492509706170955896.png

Archived