Commissars are back! Guard and the big FAQ

H311fi5h

Most importantly tank commanders should sit in something with 72" range hugging the edge of the table to see turn 2...

Speaking from experience they are always the first thing that gets targeted.

Unless you also bring a Shadowsword

Is it best to put your tank commander in a LRBT with a Punisher/Autocannon/other non D weapon?

That way he benefits his turret with his higher BS, and can use his order to order another LRBT with a Battle/Demolisher cannon that can reroll D6/3 attacks.

Agree with Hellfish - use him at long range. Tank Commander in a Battle Cannon Russ is ruthless esp with a hull Lascan at BS3. Particularly with Catachan or Cadian (Pound them to dust) doctrines. Generally the orders are better spent on the Command Tank itself.

I usually put my TC in the very back with the classic loadout. On turn 1 I use Strike & Shroud and use the Stratagem to issue the order to an additional nearby tank.

I also usually try to cast Nightshroud on him so my first turn he is -2 to hit. And then -1 to hit from there on out. This is why my fireball punisher ALWAYS goes down first because he is one of the only tanks without negative modifiers.

Archived