BA Base of fire

Buggane

I'm using 3 Rapiers with Quad Mortars for this, Cpt and Lt deployed with jump packs next to them. This also forms 3 cheap Heavy slot options in a Brigade, screened by 3 cheap Fast Attack options in the form of Tarantulas.

2 Battalions will give you 13 CPs post-FAQ while a Brigade will give you 15. Is the 2 extra CPs worth the effort required to fill all the Brigade slots? Granted you can save an HQ if you want since a Brigade only needs 3 while Battalions require 2 each.

2 Battalions will give you 13 CPs post-FAQ while a Brigade will give you 15. Is the 2 extra CPs worth the effort required to fill all the Brigade slots? Granted you can save an HQ if you want since a Brigade only needs 3 while Battalions require 2 each.

I guess it depends (don't you hate that answer?).

If it's just adding a couple attack bikes to you to a Brigade, then yes, it's worth it. If it's completely revamping 800/2000pts of your army...then maybe not.

Ah this has been a problem that I have been having for a while now, glad to see a thread about it! 

I was curious if this would be enough for a firebase for a 2000 point list:

1 captain with combiplas

2 devastators with 2 lascannons each

2 assbacks

1 intercessor squad

1 helblaster squad

5 scout squads

I still feel like this is too weak of a fire base but I'm not sure what else I can add outside of forgeworld? 

I'm honesty not sure how many points we should dedicate to our fire base? Maybe 25%-50% of our points? 

Not sure Intercessors and Scouts really count as firebase units, my Scouts at least usually push forwards.

At 1500 points I normally run a Dev squad with 4 heavy weapons, 2 Tac squads with heavy weapons (normally 1BH and 1ML to take advantage of the mortal wound stratagems) and a squad of Inceptors. You have added a couple of Assbacks and a Hellblaster squad to that at 2000 points so it is probably adequate.

To some extent it depends on the rest of your army. I have done very well with a combo of Captain Smash, Mephiston and Lemartes backed up by a tooled-up 10-man DC squad to eliminate threat but that was pre-FAQ. DC excel at cutting through chaff so if you are running them, Lasbacks may be better than Assbacks. On the other hand, SG are good vs tough units so if you are running them, you may need more anti-infantry firepower to stop them getting bogged down.

I've just gone on to the Forgeworld site to get the Legion Sicaran Venator (which has been mentioned a few times on this thread) and it is Sold out and no longer available! Absolutely gutted.

Huh, I got one like two weeks ago. If it's just listed as sold out, usually they're redoing the molds and it'll be back - if it was going away they either last-chance-to-buy it, or just vanish it entirely.

Huh, I got one like two weeks ago. If it's just listed as sold out, usually they're redoing the molds and it'll be back - if it was going away they either last-chance-to-buy it, or just vanish it entirely.

Yeah I thought that I've not seen it on last chance to buy (Was hoping I hadn't missed it), so hopefully your correct. I've sent them an email asking.

Have you started building yours yet, if so how well has yours gone together?

They are moving all forgeworld minis to be available through normal GW stores. At least that's the rumor here. Not sure if it will mean a price decrease but the FW models should be easier to get a hold of and with less shipping.

First time I hear about that rumour and I pretty much doubt it. They advertised the new big GW shop in Texas iirc (Warhammer Citadel) to sell FW stuff so it wouldn't make much sense marketing-wise to move FW stuff to regular stores as well.

Archived