New DeathWatch Codex Primaris Kill Team

It's now up on the community site. I think it's an interesting option to mix primaris forces. Intercessors adding wounds mixing in to aggressors or hellblasters looks neat.

Also intercessors get additionnal benefit from units they are mixed in:

-Fear aura from reivers

-Fall back and shoot from inceptors

-Negate penality to assault/heavy weapon from aggressors

The last one is pretty interesting IMO. Add one aggressor to Stalker Rifles Intercessor to negate the penality to heavy weapon firering looks nice. They also mix well in 50/50 configuration with all assault loadout.

I wonder what are prople's tought on the new primaris kill team.

If I'm honest, my main thought is whether or not the Primaris Combat Squad boxes will come back, as being able to buy 5 Intercessors/Hellblasters/Reivers at a time, rather than 10, would be a real bonus for Deathwatch players who are only likely to want a few of each.

Kinda (a lot) POed. This is the way all Primaris in ALL the Chapters should be structured.

1Aggressor (the Sgt)

3 Intercessors

1 Hellblaster, Inceptor, or Reiver

:(

Idk... but I might build mixed DW squads for counts as black templar sword brethren... if I ever play 8th that is.

Well, we knew primaris was coming to DW. and that they would still mix squads. The take one for a squad wide benifit is more than I expected...

I like my Primaris units not mixed, thank you very much.

It's awesome for Deathwatch and I'm mighty jealous of the SIA and Aggressor bonus in Intercessors but I'm sure other chapters will get equally cool stuff for their Primaris eventually without mixing squads. ;)

Old man *grumble*

Yeah I’ll get over it. Ever look over at the other kids eating chocolate ice cream and think “Mom could we at least have some sprinkles on top of the Vanilla?”

Ever look over at the other kids eating chocolate ice cream and think “Mom could we at least have some sprinkles on top of the Vanilla?”

Actually ... no. I'm no fan of chocolate and alway prefered vanilla. :P

I'm thinking I need aggressors. I do like that I can sprinkle hellblasters into my intercessors, but the flip is Hellblasters the cheapest heavy support unit (tax) when it comes to my leviathan dreadnaught :)

I'm thinking I need aggressors. I do like that I can sprinkle hellblasters into my intercessors, but the flip is Hellblasters the cheapest heavy support unit (tax) when it comes to my leviathan dreadnaught :)

The cheapest heavy support unit we can take is a quad heavy bolter rapier. Followed by the quad mortar if I am not mistaken. Next in line I think is a mortis dread.

On another note, still not sure why people don't like plasma inceptors over hellblasters, the -4? Plasma inceptors are more shots per point.

I'm thinking I need aggressors. I do like that I can sprinkle hellblasters into my intercessors, but the flip is Hellblasters the cheapest heavy support unit (tax) when it comes to my leviathan dreadnaught :smile.:

The cheapest heavy support unit we can take is a quad heavy bolter rapier. Followed by the quad mortar if I am not mistaken. Next in line I think is a mortis dread.

On another note, still not sure why people don't like plasma inceptors over hellblasters, the -4? Plasma inceptors are more shots per point.

I absolutely love the Inceptors, I just use the hellblasters because they're slightly cheaper in points. Love dropping Inceptors with my Jump Pack Capt and beaconing over a kill team/Intercessor for support.

Ever look over at the other kids eating chocolate ice cream and think “Mom could we at least have some sprinkles on top of the Vanilla?”

Actually ... no. I'm no fan of chocolate and alway prefered vanilla. :P
Yeah, but that SIA looks like a pretty tasty “sprinkle” for your vanilla ice cream. :D

Mobius almost has it right ;) you drop your captain and intercessor down then beacon over your hellblasters ... actually the Intercessors are looking damn fine with the SIA choices ... it makes me wonder what a Primaris version of the Sternguard are going to look like in the future.

I'm really liking these mixed squads, they give a greater degree of customisation over the regular Intercessors. My first team I am looking at are going with assault bolt rifles and Aggressor.

Does anyone know if the grapple gun rule passes onto the squad or just the Reivers in the team? 

I'm less than excited about them. Mainly because I still can't get my head around the Aggressor/Inceptor aesthetics.

Standalone units of Reivers with normal helmets might be very workable though. Here's hoping they're in there...

Standalone units of Reivers with normal helmets might be very workable though. Here's hoping they're in there...

With the downgraded recon armour, regular helmets might look a bit big on reivers. My Raptors reivers use MK8 helmets (DW squad sprue), those are a lot more fitting. Pics are over in the army project topic (RG sub-forum), can't access it from where I am right now. The result are tacticool, geared-up recon marines, fitting both DW and Raptors.

Reivers are in the codex (as seen by screen shots of the table of contents).  Need to put some together with the bolt carbine, could make for a very nice harassment unit.

My all primaris mixed Indomitus Crusade had been collecting dust (mixed because its a mix of Imperial Fist, Black Templar, and Crimson Fist.  I did this because I love the 7th legion but also get bored of painting and needed variety)

I'm interested in trying them out using DW rules as a kind of veterans/vanguard/special forces of the Indomitus Crusade.  I'm planning on painting up the other primaris I haven't built yet as other successor chapters of the 7th legion to add to the mixed unit feel of DW without having them actually be DW (and all black which would defeat my whole mixed paint jobs for variety thing)

The question I'm having for you DW vets is ... what are the non-primaris DW things that are must haves for a DW army?

Intercessors + 5 Inceptors Combat Squad them. You now have 5x toughness 5, 2-wound, 10” move troops (guessing they have objective secured), that can mix Plasma and Assault bolters.

Alternatively you can do the same with Aggressors or Hellblasters to hold a backline objective.

Intercessors + 5 Inceptors Combat Squad them. You now have 5x toughness 5, 2-wound, 10” move troops (guessing they have objective secured), that can mix Plasma and Assault bolters.

Alternatively you can do the same with Aggressors or Hellblasters to hold a backline objective.

You don't have to fill out the squad to get the T5. Both kill teams get a rule called "mixed units." You basically get majority toughness OR the DW player's choice of toughness if there are multiple in a kill team. As written, you can have 1 T5 model and still have T5 for the unit.... unless he dies (which is assumed at this point, may need to be FAQ'd).

Ohhhh!!! Deathwatch have access to Mortis Dreads! I totally missed this! Man Deathwatch is going to be really scary with Forgeworld units and their new rules. 

Plasma Inceptors are good. But they have a low model count and can get taken out after their initial volley. Hellblasters can be loaded up into a transport for protection and have 20 wounds to chew through. So you basically go for survivability or mobility. Most people choose survivability.

Back home. Now here's how the primaris infantry looks like with regular helmets, more pouches and tacticool stuff. Intercessors (regular/stalker), sniper captain, reivers (DW helmets):

Raptors plog

Now I'm tempted to add a primaris squad or two, Raptors with DW bitz, for those who returned after serving with the DW. Finally a way (besides Issodon sternguard) to make bolter dudes scary and flexible. The standard bolt rifle and the stalker one seem especially useful - the stalker already has AP-2, but rarely wounds, which will be awesome with hellfire ammo. The regular boltrifle seems flexible in comparison, trading a closer range for potentially more shots. We'll see...

Archived