New DeathWatch Codex Primaris Kill Team

Well that is a totally predictable shame :/

But DW Repulsors will likely look ace!

Except you can't put Inceptors in it, so it's not.

Meh, not entirely necessary. I imagine you only want them included for the fall back and shoot?

With the teleport stratagem, is it legal to deep strike a Primaris character? Would you consider it a reasonable use of CP to do so in support of other units? Chaplains dropping in with Reivers, captains with teleporting Hellblasters, etc?

I would just take their regular counterpart with JP or terminator armour. They still affect Primaris all the same.

The advantage of Primaris is more than one wound, something that doesn't translate well with HQs.

Ya I was initially excited about the heavy stalker bolter rifles too, but our veteran's stalker bolters got improved slightly with AP and remained the same price. I think have 2 shots on a cheaper model is going to be a little better. The stalker bolt rifle would really only be good if you plan to move and shoot... then ya, the aggressor and hellblasters would go well together.  Adding Hellblasters, at least for me, just begs for a Captain to be nearby. Maybe a Primaris Capt with MC stalker bolt rifle? The tempest shell stratagem would also go well since they have the furthest (unmodified) range of all the SIA capable guns.

I'm thinking either add an aggressor and create an advancing/assault unit with Reivers and an inceptor, or just regular intercessors with a couple hellblasters spread out into multiple squads. Maybe even add an inceptor if I have the points. I'm definitely going to focus the rest of my points on our regular veterans since they have much better weapon choices.

My thoughts exactly. I think I'll just have a unit of really aggressive Primaris using all Assault weapons and another unit with basic bolt rifles that can reach out to 36'' with AP -2 sitting in the backfield. 

Apropos of nothing, anyone familiar with the sprues for Reivers and the multi-part Intercessors? I feel like the Reiver chest pieces would fit DW far better since they kind of look like the Kill team ones...but are they easily swapped?

You can clean up the Intercessor chests relatively easily with a sharp hobby knife, some files and a bit of high-grit sandpaper :

8rkJueV.jpg

I was doing some paint tests -- just need to put some detail on the cleaned up chests after I strip them and they'll be Deathwatch ready.

what about having one aggressor with flamestorm gauntlets in the team to prevent enemy troop units trying to swarm or tarpit you? i know inceptors would allow you to break out of the combat but thats assuming you even survive the charge.

In Intercessor squads can you mix & match weapons on your Aggressors, Inceptors, Intercessors, Reivers, and Hellblastors?

From looking at a still of the Intercessors data sheet in a review video, and I'm paraphrasing a bit here, but it looks like you can. It uses the wording "Any Intercessor/Aggressor/Inceptor...etc." rather than the C:SM use of the "All Intercessors can replace..." etc. 

So here's an interesting thought:

If I include a reiver in a primaris kill team, can I fire their shock grenade out of an intercessor's grenade launcher? Could be interesting if possible.

I don't think so since weapons can only be fired by those models equipped with them. 

My thoughts exactly. I think I'll just have a unit of really aggressive Primaris using all Assault weapons and another unit with basic bolt rifles that can reach out to 36'' with AP -2 sitting in the backfield. 

Apropos of nothing, anyone familiar with the sprues for Reivers and the multi-part Intercessors? I feel like the Reiver chest pieces would fit DW far better since they kind of look like the Kill team ones...but are they easily swapped? 

You can swap torsos with Inceptors, Intercessors and Reivers quite easily. The trick is to make sure the top of the "belt buckle" lines up with any plates or exposed cabling, here's a very rushed cut and stick job I did so is a bit messy. If you are a little more careful it is quite easy to slice across the top of the belt.

http://i68.tinypic.com/30xhbao.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/1sl304.jpg

Archived