More Last Chance to buy misery

Reyner

Perhaps if Forgeworld wasnt making miserable people wouldnt be? Im still pissed that i couldn't load up on Mk2 or Mk4 dreads because they are pop up last chances with no run up if your payday isnt near that week and unfortunately due to my disability its a rare year i can build up any savings just in case!

Don’t the thallax kits with spec weapons come with a spare lightning gun anyway? I know mine did, but I only bought one, so it may have just been a packing mistake.

According to the website description, in a 3 Thallax special weapons pack there is one special weapon (melta, plasma) along with two lightning guns.

Fair enough then. Packing mistake it is

Then again it could be describing how they can be armed if you buy said pack, not necessarily how many lightning guns come with them.

If it is in fact the case that all other support packs come with three lightning guns, then I’m surprised they kept the regular pack for as long as they did.

Yeah i have a vague plan for a Ferrox unit which would need 3 packs of plain Thallax. My Mechanicum are on a freeze until we get some 8th ed rules at the mo though. Good to hear the Thallax are possibly still being reviewed though, i need to be buying Sisters of Silence and random bases with my pennies in the near future!

And yeah, had 3-4 packs of Thallax with no extra lightning guns, though that would be a nice addition! Tbh repacking the Thallax with 2 different special weapons and a spare lightning gun seems like a much better idea than 5+ packs.

But I need more Thallax, I only have 21!

Admittaly I have only bought the special weapon cohorts, so I can see why the one with only ligtning guns might by in for a cut.

I just had a look on the FW website and searched for Thallax and ther seems to be a Thallax Cohort of £90 and Thallax budeld for £80 that seems to be identical in content.

Now if only they released the multilaser special wepon cohort.

Yeah, I heard about the Legion Breachers late last night from a mate of mine who was ready to order 40.  Gotta be a repackage/ mould change.  Gotta be... I still need 20 more too (I'm really hoping they won't be going for just keeping the mk. IV upgrade shields instead.  Not a big fan of those to be honest). 

Don't think they'll remove the breacher kit altogether, as Brother Handro says they're a basic troop option for the legion list. I wouldn't be against the idea of FW releasing a breacher upgrade kit for MkIII (basically the same as the boarding upgrade set but with the MkIII breacher set bits), as it might make them a bit more accessible through plastic MkIII.

Archived