Sisters speculation topic

Aqui

what would people say about losing the rhino from the Sisters list,  to be replaced with the Repressor completely?  & the immolator to move to either the FA or Heavy Support roles?

So we dont have 3 transport options where most other factions have 1 tank based ones

Definitely not. The Rhino is called ubiquitous for good reason and I'm quite sure existing Sisters players will be pretty annoyed to have all their Rhino models turned into dust collectors. Now, moving the Immolator around the FoC is fine with me - I'd like it to be an improved Rhino (stats wise) so this would work well :yes:

Another Sacred Rose player here so I have been pondering what we could get. Re-rolling 1's for shooting as suggested would be nice I have to say!

Represser and immolator could theoretically just get rolled into the Sororitas rhino entry, but honestly, I don't think it's necessary to not have 3 dedicated transports.

None of the others have a defined roll besides transport. An immolator isn't a main battle tank, and a Repressor even less so.

Not when they've expanding things like character on foot, on bike and with jump pack out into 3 data sheets instead of one single entry.......

An immolator could be classified as a support tank like it used to be in the witchhunters 'dex (heavy support choice)

I like my Repressors, well love my Repressors. Immolator going to a non dedicated transport would be fine so long as it gets stats to match such a thing. Losing Rhino's, no thanks.

I wouldn't be upset with a Battlewagon-->Gunwagon type thing, where we get the option for a battle tank version of the Immolator.

Still, I think our battle tank is supposed to be the exorcist. It just has never really felt like that to me; more like artillery.

The Immolator would need something more to make up for not being a transport if it were to move to FA or HS. A Twin-Multi Melta/Immo Flamer/THB plus a Storm and/or HK Missile aren't worth much if they're it. Immolator would just be a worse Hellhound.

If anything, I'm hoping we get a new vehicle that could act as an alternative option for an Exorcist. The Immolator is too good (in my opinion at least) for use as a HQ courier and or mobile weapons platform.

For the most part, her profile is better than a Repentia, except her Leadership. Does this mean Repentia are getting a profile update?

Weapon is worse in cc... she has +1S-1AP 1Dagainst the repentias x2S -2AP 2D.....

BS... who cares neither use it

Save is where she is better 5+++ (FNP) against the repentias 6++ SoF

Still the person most hacked off is the saint.. corner has a better flamer against chaos that she does.....

I’d like to see the ability to target psykers even if they aren’t the closest model... or maybe some way to bounce a spell back at the enemy.

I’d love to see a smite bounce off of us and back at the caster!

Ha! That be hilarous. Seeing some witch hate would be great to see. "Abhor the witch, kill the mutant, purge the unclean" oooh thatd be cool to see that reflected somehow.

For the first part, Sisters already do that. Just, not Sisters of Battle. :lol:

The Sisters of Silence Prosecutor Squad can target characters that are Psykers even if they're not the closest unit. Realistically, I don't feel Sororitas should have that as that's kind of stepping on the Silent Sisters' sabatons.

... Now, if Sisters of Battle could be with Sisters of Silence, that's a different story.

Sisters of silence stepped on sister of battle sabatons thank you very much. They should have stayed in 30k....*breathe*

Sorry but 2 women show up dressed the same at a party and theyre enemies.

Sisters were wearing the heck out of their power armour and witch hate in 40k long before the SoS finally showed up to the party.

Definitely not. The Rhino is called ubiquitous for good reason and I'm quite sure existing Sisters players will be pretty annoyed to have all their Rhino models turned into dust collectors. Now, moving the Immolator around the FoC is fine with me - I'd like it to be an improved Rhino (stats wise) so this would work well :yes:

Another Sacred Rose player here so I have been pondering what we could get. Re-rolling 1's for shooting as suggested would be nice I have to say!

I have 8 immolators, do NOT rule of 3 me here. They're dedicated transports and they're fine as dedicated transports.

Plus, they're probably not going to make more respressors so that'd be jumping the gun pretty hard.

I have 8 immolators, do NOT rule of 3 me here. They're dedicated transports and they're fine as dedicated transports.

Plus, they're probably not going to make more respressors so that'd be jumping the gun pretty hard.

I've highlighted an important part of my post :rolleyes: Not everyone uses the rule of 3 either, so you're gonna get lots of opinions here. Which is fine. I don't expect the Immo to change in any new codex anyway.

Sisters of silence stepped on sister of battle sabatons thank you very much. They should have stayed in 30k....*breathe*

Sorry but 2 women show up dressed the same at a party and theyre enemies.

Sisters were wearing the heck out of their power armour and witch hate in 40k long before the SoS finally showed up to the party.

Sisters of Silence existed before the Sisters of Battle. Besides, they're not really the same. For one, SoS aren't wearing power armour from what I can tell (at least they're never referred to wearing it and there's no obvious power armour pack on their models or artwork).

What I'm saying is Sisters of Battle having the Prosecutor squad's rule as just a thing they get? No. Don't give one army literally the exact same rule as something that's a specialized, dedicated unit to doing something.

A one-per-phase Stratagem that costs 2CP? That's fine. But not an army-wide ability. That's dumb.

A one-per-phase Stratagem that costs 2CP? That's fine. But not an army-wide ability. That's dumb.

Tangent time brought on by this comment....

we know we are getting stratgems in the beta dex as per the earliest announcement .... but are we getting our own faction Tactical Objectives in the 'dex?

If so what will they be?

Tangent time brought on by this comment....

we know we are getting stratgems in the beta dex as per the earliest announcement .... but are we getting our own faction Tactical Objectives in the 'dex?

If so what will they be?

I miss the tail end of 7th Martyrdom object -- it was like d3 vp if 3 Characters die or d6 if or more. So those Sargent's who gave up extra points suddenly we're worth something.

SoS are new to 40k. Like i said; battle sister were rocking it before the silence hit the 40k scene model wise. Even stole the hexagrammic wards out of the female inquisitors purse. Wards effectively did back in the day what silence do now iirc.

Silence just gets me so riled up...

In regards to mission objectives...

Well in the past, theyve had the pass AoF objectives as well as kill the witch objectives iirc...

Id imagine something similar again and the aforementioned martyrdom objective.

Really hoping faith isnt turned into stratagems. I like it as is. Makes me feel involved with the army.

SoS are new to 40k. Like i said; battle sister were rocking it before the silence hit the 40k scene model wise. Even stole the hexagrammic wards out of the female inquisitors purse. Wards effectively did back in the day what silence do now iirc.

Silence just gets me so riled up...

In regards to mission objectives...

Well in the past, theyve had the pass AoF objectives as well as kill the witch objectives iirc...

Id imagine something similar again and the aforementioned martyrdom objective.

Really hoping faith isnt turned into stratagems. I like it as is. Makes me feel involved with the army.

I doubt it will get 'turned into' stratagems. It's much more likely that they'll have stratagems that interact with AoF in some way. The 3 big Stratagems I'd love to see are a simple "1CP for 1 AOF" Strat. I also think that a "1 AoF for 1 CP" strat would be a neat way to make the system more flexible. 

The big one I want though is 'Xcp, use an AoF at some point during you OPPONENTS turn'. Even just one AoF at a different timing would be immensely useful in disrupting an enemies plans.

i doubt we'll see an 'AOF at any time' strat as it opens potential for too much abuse. we might see a strat that lets a unit AOF twice, but i kinda doubt it considering how powerful AoF is on it's own.

Not 'at any time' just at some point in your opponents turn. A strategem that lets you fight at the start of your opponents charge phase or shoot at the start of your opponents shooting phase would be limited by the '1 Strat' Per phase rule, could be planned around by your opponent, and would still be a very powerful tool you could use to manipulate your opponents actions.

Play, Counter-play, Mastery.

Well we kinda already have that with martyrdom.

Sort of? Martyrdom is more of a niche way of getting some value out of our generally underwhelming characters than an actual tactical consideration. 

Archived