Sisters speculation topic

Aqui

On the topic of the beta-dex and feedback cycle:

Please, for the love of the Emperor, give feedback to GW.  Don't be shy.  Otherwise you will be drowned out by chuckleheads who play in high-visibility playgroups that simply bandwagon to get the most out of the latest codex before discarding the desiccated corpses and moving on to the next book.

I fully plan on giving my observations. :)

While they'll give some great insight, if they're allowed to be the sole voice that GW hears, well... you may get a product that doesn't reflect your expectations, and is more suited for competitive play and less suited for meeting the style.  I'm pretty sure most actual sisters players are "style over substance" types, anyways, because truly competitive players would have jumped off this ship long ago.

True Sisters players, fight the long war. We're used to making do with what we have ;) But yes. Feedback as much as possible :)

I have been waiting for over 10 years now for plastic sisters of battle. GW will most definitely hear me on the quality of the codex. The fact they chose to beta test this I think speaks volumes of how unsure they are of their direction. On the other hand I am super happy they choose to use the same design style with the minis.

Lord Lee.

It could also be that GW has realised Sisters have been neglected for so long and want to acknowledge that by asking for our feedback. There are so many ways a Sisters Codex could go. Feedback will either make them rethink things or be vindicated by their choices. Either way, Sisters finally get the love they deserve.

I will give feedback for sure. Really hoping Repressors make it into the codex. If I have to keep using the Forge World index I will, but man... Now that GW owns Forge World it just doesn't make sense to not update it. I want my mobile pillbox army to still be valid. :/

GW said the reason why Sisters don't have a Kill Team right now is due to the models and their lack of conversion possibilities (or something like that). Whilst I'm not sure Chapter Approved would have a Kill Team list, its not impossible.

It's very disappointing not to have a Killteam for sisters, especially since kill team doesn't have the customization that GW swears it does. Most units lack any real options, so while Sisters might nt have as many unique poses, they'll still have as many options as some of tvother killteams.

The point costs are basically there already too--

Sisters 9 pts

Superior and Gunner 10

For all weapons see Space Marines, or Grey Knights.

Saintnora has some custom made rules for Kill Team.

https://saintnora.com/2018/08/13/sisters-of-battle-killteam-rules-v1-0-8th-edition/

Which is cool, but the key word there is custom. Assuming she got the balance right, nailed the faction identity, and made a sisters kill team that is both fair and appropriate, you still have to convince everyone else that it isn't just fanfiction, and then if you win, that you didn't just win because the rules were custom.

Which is cool, but the key word there is custom. Assuming she got the balance right, nailed the faction identity, and made a sisters kill team that is both fair and appropriate, you still have to convince everyone else that it isn't just fanfiction, and then if you win, that you didn't just win because the rules were custom.

I mean, if your friends won't let you play with your models in a kill team game... you might want to find new friends or people to play with. If you're talking about tournament play then you just need to wait for GW to release rules for them. But if your a SoB player you should be accustomed to this already.

Really hope SoB get a airship. Hell even valkyrie access would be awesome for them.

Other warlords in addition to Celestine would be cool. I really appreciate that I have played against many armies which were built around one leader, and if that leader is taken out the army collapses. While Celestine is indeed powerful I have found my army can continue to fight well in her absence. I'd love a few more warlords like that!

When was CA rumoured to come out next month?

No official date in December has been set as of yet that I know of. Anyone remember when CA 2017 was released?

Thinking.... would it be an idea to have 2 threads when the beta dex is released?  One for listing peoples feed back, then if you agree you can sent it in as well (if everyone says the same thing GW is more likely to listen to it).  And a 2nd for discussing the feedback

When was CA rumoured to come out next month?

No official date in December has been set as of yet that I know of. Anyone remember when CA 2017 was released?

I'm having a bit of difficulty pinning it down but I believe it was previewed on November 18th, up for pre-order on the 25th, and released on December 2nd.

Based on that it's not unreasonable to assume we won't see it until the 15th if it isn't previewed this weekend.

CA2017 was first talked about on warhammer community 9th Aug which stated it would be out for christmas, the preview of it on the 24th Nov said up for preorder the next day (25th Nov).... so its not going to be up for pre-order until 1st* at the earliest which with GWs 1 week preorder system....

*going off Warhammer Communitys MO of doing a week of 'leaks' & sneek peeks of a book leading upto the Sat it goes on pre-order 

Thinking.... would it be an idea to have 2 threads when the beta dex is released?  One for listing peoples feed back, then if you agree you can sent it in as well (if everyone says the same thing GW is more likely to listen to it).  And a 2nd for discussing the feedback

It's a possibility. I've been Mullin over the best way of doing this. However, having two threads running concurrently might be tricky, unless posts made in the first topic are quoted directly to the second. That could get messy.

I will think further and let you all know as soon as possible :)

Following on, Brother Tyler has created a new subforum for us to discuss the Beta Codex. I will ask that no one posts any topics within it, as i will be making the appropriate topics for when the book is released. This topic should be used until that occurs.

Archived