Sisters speculation topic

Aqui

… How would everyone feel if what we got was...exactly what we have now; ...

I'd not only be okay with that, it would seem pretty close to ideal. Aside from replacing the generic flying nun option. Now, it's a question of just how closely they cleaved to the old options. I vaguely expect in a case like this we'd see analogues to the 'advanced' primaris core options, basic Godwyn-Diazes, 'assault' versions, and 'heavy' version. Yes, I kind of expect the mind bending 'light-heavy' bolter. I mean, they invented 'Heavy-Bolter-Pistols' for Inceptors.

Feel like doing some cold water speculation.

We all dream of sisters being full on overhauled and new units and whatnot. We're an awesome army long overdue and deserving of one.

How would everyone feel if what we got was...exactly what we have now; no new units, no flyers, no skimmers, no fancy mellee celestian terminator, nothing enthusiastic. What if what we got is exactly what we have now- but in plastic.

Lets put a nice icy cold wet blanket on all our dreams and think about how we'd feel if our massive update, was just a straight conversion to plastic and nothing else?

Personally id still just be glad for the attention. The prospect of potentially cheaper $ special and heavy weapons still pleases me.

If that were to be the case I would be severely disappointed, and would feel that the Sisters have once again been relegated to the trash heap of no respect. 

I really, really don't want to be going into my games with that kind of chip on my shoulder as I'm afraid it would remove some of the enjoyment out of playing.

While I wouldn't be completely upset, so long as certain aesthetic qualities were met (such as some kind of visual distinction to Celestians, and more armor variation), I feel like it would be a missed opportunity.

Armies of the Imperium have a clear aesthetic separating them from each other branch. They may overlap with some equipment of war, but they all generally bring stuff of their own to fill roles on the battlefield. This is why I've been such a big proponent of a main battle-tank and fliers for the sisters.

I also feel that some kind of tools need to be made available (rules or models) to account for the mid-range shooting army that the sisters generally are. (Yes I know bolters! But 2/3rds of our shooting is most effective at 8" or less)

That all said, more than even models, I've wanted a fully fleshed-out codex on par with that of the ones we see coming out in 8th.

I’m kinda hoping we don’t get any new units, I like the way the army is set out now and there’s a pretty decent chance I’d not like any additions made. Sisters on robot horses still welcome though :P

That aside I’m more worried about the aesthetics of the models (they look good so far imo) and the fluff of the rules (stratagems and so on, also the holy trinity).

Considering the Rule of X and we'd be one of, if not the, first codexes actually designed and tested with the rule in mind?

I'd probably show up at GW HQ with torches and pitchforks. We need a few more units to flesh out the army and especially need another non-unique HQ choice.

Considering the Rule of X and we'd be one of, if not the, first codexes actually designed and tested with the rule in mind?

I'd probably show up at GW HQ with torches and pitchforks. We need a few more units to flesh out the army and especially need another non-unique HQ choice.

Just adding some equipment variation data-slates could fix the issue of Ro3. Buff Canoness , Melee Canoness, Flying Canoness.. Applied even a fifth as liberal as they are with other armies and we would have a lot of freedom to make lists.

Just adding some equipment variation data-slates could fix the issue of Ro3. Buff Canoness , Melee Canoness, Flying Canoness.. Applued even a fifth as liberal as they are with other armies and we would have a lot of freedom to make lists.
Just give us a palantinr, based on a Lt and it would make us insanely good with a reroll ones to wound on meltas and massed Bolters.

Add a chapter master reroll failed hits, and we are disgusting

I would enjoy seeing a new unit or two. Nothing fancy and not a copy and paste of what space marines have. Also be nice if celestines could actually take melee weapons. Not that I want to use them as a close combat squad expect that had been the intended role for them.

Do you mean Celestians? If so, yes, it would be good for us to have a unit with a Meleé ability.

Ya. That's what I meant. I replied on my phone so I don't always catch some of the errors.

I should add I hope the bring back the inquisitors and things like the 2nd ed white dwarf ordo heretics strike force. We be the only army to really use drop pods and make us very unique while having some space marines toys.

As an army, we literally only need a second data-sheet with 'scout' on it and 2 more HQ options and we'd be perfect(like we were pre-RO3, in my opinion).

That said, I want new units anyway. It has much less to do with with filling gaps in our army building (although light vehicle, flyer, heavy infantry, cavalry, and being able to do ANYTHING S9 or higher are all things that would be incredibly useful) and more to do with wanting to see what kind of stuff GW could come out with.

Love'em or hate'em GW have been absolutely killing it with large impressive centerpiece models. The things they could do with the sisters of battle aesthetic on a giant tank, or a fire-raptor type flyer or some kinda crazy super penitent walker thing would be incredible. The amount of space they have to work with within the sisters aesthetic is massive. As much as I love the sisters, model wise we're SUPER basic. 15 minutes and a chisel would give you a space marine army, pretty much. I want to push out of the sort of 'space marines but t3' niche and go a bit crazy tbh.

Also, I'm sick of having a 1 to 1 parity with space marines and want toys they have no equivalence for.

If anyone ends up with open helmets they want to trade, I’d do it in a heartbeat. It’s my favorite head option!

That said, I’m a little concerned that the preview did not mention order traits.

It -did- reference new units, though, so that is exciting.

New units are good. More importantly to me are changes to some units that need them- Celestians and BSS come to mind- and wargear options. Sticking within the theme of the holy trinity but expanding the arsenal. A Shield of Faith change would be appreciated. But to answer the earlier question: If all w got were plastic models and everything else was the same, I'd be let down with the codex and ecstatic with the models

Archived