501st Arterian armored...ETL

Ahhh, the olde days of skirting about with vendettas full of meltacidevets;)... I traded off my airforce midway through 7th for some heresy tanks for my Fists...

Speaking of updates...

Well, my business turns 5 this friday and we are having a big ole party, my oldest finished 9th grade last friday, the youngest finishes 5th grade tomorrow, my father in law is coming to town Friday, and my lady is flying to the other side of the planet next wednesday... RL has been a lil busy the last few days but I wanted to share a few pics of whats coming up.

gallery_32985_14149_155208.jpeg

heres my box of goodies- 3 elysian squads, 1 cadian hostile upgrade, 2 centaur carriers, 3 thudd guns, 1 medusa, 1 alpha russ, a waaaay oop mineclearer, a rockgrinder plow for fun, the DKOK death rider that I lost a leg to years ago that really needs some bionic enhancements so he can be an objective;)... and a few other doods and doo dads to keep me busy.

gallery_32985_14149_238074.jpeg

heres LT so n so who will be getting a new paintjob and a cooler backstory.... other than he always has died...ALLLWWWAAAAYYYYYSSSS. He has wrecked some face with his counts as plasma shot pistol and crunchy powerfist but I feel like his poor paintjob from 6th edition is too blame, that and my dice from 89/90. Ill buy new dice soon;)

Paint scheme will be getting an urban camo update.

Ive been reading Apologists Death of a Rubrcrist blog for quite awhile and have loved his Lambs World guard since I first laid eyes on them and his 3 tone camo approach feels like something I could manage nowadays. I have about 15-20 guys to be repainted and all the dudes to be painted so I am excited to give it a shot.

On to the big news though.... Im going to ask the community to hold me accountable on painting my armor!!!!!!! I want to do that first and use the time there to fine tune a few more techniques before I get down n dirty with my foot sloogers.

:)

thanks yall

Ok...Ill admit to not being the best at following my own directions :)

I got a bunch of these guys out and while making Pew Pew noises I couldnt resist grabbing my paints and seeing what some paint would look like on them ...

This is a motley assortment of producers and eras of painting.

Its a mix of DKOK-some straight and a few with elysian enclosed heads, elysians mixed with victoria and cadian hostile env heads, cadians with elysian enclosed heads, victoria mini parts mixed with maxmini and puppetwar parts , a stormtrooper, an olde school cadian, one of my favorite guard mini's ever -the Vostroyan sniper:) and an infinity dude.

Repaint started with painting German beige over most uniforms and helmets. Armor plates on a few got a coat of Dunkelgrau to tie them in with the armor co who will be that lovely panzer grey.

gallery_32985_14149_150177.jpeg

gallery_32985_14149_130689.jpeg

gallery_32985_14149_304232.jpeg

gallery_32985_14149_1513.jpeg

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/235947-6f3c7682-4863-4f81-a451-e3d1d4935612/

gallery_32985_14149_12640.jpeg

The whole company will be mounted on SW urban rubble bases and when I start the true scale marines they will also get the same bases to tie them in. (my current heresy Fists army will be replaced with this)

Ive been collecting this stuff since the DKOK came out and picked stuff up as Ive been able. The wonderful world of barter has made the majority of this possible and my bits box is deep:)

The honorable 1st hon Drion Marsk, commander of the Angelis Speare, 2nd Arterian mounted expeditionary of the 501st.

gallery_32985_14149_245644.jpeg

1st gunnare maister Tras Paisck, commander of the Ryghteious Furee, 1st Arterian Armour of the 501st

gallery_32985_14149_390840.jpeg

3rd hon Pauolo Colee, loader of the Angelis Speare 2, 2nd Arterian mounted expeditionary of the 501st

gallery_32985_14149_30009.jpeg

Thanks Commisarate officer W.Fish!!!

This batch contains: 1 Dkok Alpha Russ, 2 grenadier centaur carriers, 5 engineers, SA command squad, cadian respirator upgrade, Titan crew, some anvil bits, some other bits and whatever random chaff was in the big bag of resin that needed washing for my guard army.

I opted to wash all this instead of painting last night as I had been avoiding this job for quite awhile;)

Resin is so glorious to work with, details are so sharp and crisp... and scrubbing it all but has to be done

Thanks Danny! I’ve got two more centers to put together and would be honored to do a step-by-step tutorial. I’ll even do it with pictures :-) many thanks and look forward to getting some paints down.

gallery_32985_14149_317465.jpeg

GOt to spend 3 or 4 hours with the airbrush this eve. The Punisher on Netlfix keeping me company.

I laid down 2 layers of modulation paint on the entire company and started on the big guy when the airbrush started spitting so I broke it down to clean and realized its midnight :)

First time in years I’ve had the house to myself for more than 2 days... I’m absolutely giddy!

Heading into work for a few hours and have some family flying in to visit another family member in town but maybe a dog walk but otherwise I’m adding the third layer of paints, picking out highlights with a 4th layer of paint, picking out metals and gear and then satin varnishing in prep for decals

Update time... didnt get to spend as much time as I wanted this eve behind the brush but I got in 3 more hours so pretty happy...took an hour to tape everything off to spray the tracks but I think it turned out to be worth it. Not so good pics but Ive got to be up in a few hours and have 2 hours behind the wheel and a day at Kings Island riding coasters ;)

gallery_32985_14149_110666.jpeg

gallery_32985_14149_102734.jpeg

gallery_32985_14149_86583.jpeg

let me know what yall think of the clean colors thus far. I dint get to varnish them yet so may be a week before I get to do that so may be working on a few infantry pieces til the next big airbrush session.

• 2 weeks later...

Lil update...exciting....DECALZ!!!!

gallery_32985_14149_1155520.jpeg

for my counts as pask...wittmans numbers

gallery_32985_14149_521303.jpeg

because a big ole new tank should have a blast from the past

gallery_32985_14149_243133.jpeg

125 is part of A battery

gallery_32985_14149_385492.jpeg

found this one fitting for the basi barrels

Thanks a lot Bjorn, Commisar and Hermit!!!

I spent 2 hours working on more decals last night

I decided they were going to be AFV's atttached to the 4th combat company of the 501st...

the super heavy is on loan from the 2nd super heavy detachment... I am also sick and tired of the resin craptastic multilasers breakin off on the kit and will be replacing them with flamer barrels.

gallery_32985_14149_242492.jpeg

Im really enjoying working on the minotaur...it truly is a beast of burden and will be receiving a bunch of extra attention when the weathering time begins:)

gallery_32985_14149_218203.jpeg

The lil centaur tractors are a fun kit...

gallery_32985_14149_80343.jpeg

Salamnder is from the 8th company recon squadron...the wings of silence are a tribute to the predatory avian Wah'sun incursion that the 501st repelled in their last rotation that would later be taken into the Tau'sept empire

gallery_32985_14149_6207.jpeg

The malcador is also growing on me...Im kind of happy the Czech customs service 'lost' the package when I sold it last year...even more happy that it made its way back to me in 1 piece;)...now shes a valued part of the detatchment

gallery_32985_14149_122916.jpeg

The capricorn pattern chimera from Blood and Skulls has been painted 3 times in the last 8 years...Im liking this scheme the most:)

gallery_32985_14149_429207.jpeg

Archived