501st Arterian armored...ETL

Wow!! What a journey over the last few weeks...so many layers of paint, so much time invested and I have to say that I feel like these are some of my best pieces to date!! Im grateful for the encouragement and input of the community and am stoked to have a coherent looking force as well as more projects and ideas for this army coming soon.

Thanks commisar!!! I dont know that I will ever play a game but I sure like painting them up;)

It's... beautiful! So many tanks :biggrin.: Don't forget to let us know how they do on the table top :smile.:

I am preparing to make flying noises with 'pew-pew...dakkadakkadakka' subtitles

gallery_32985_14149_156465.jpeg

Are you using some of those Vallejo WW2 metals?

Im curious to see how it turns out I have considered painting mine metal too.

All metals are vma colors... I’m going to be hairapraying and then airbrushing a primer coat/ scrub some off, Matt varnish, hairspray again, airbrush a top coat and scrub some of that off. Then I’ll satin varnish and start the weathering.

couple of hours work this eve

hairspray then hull red

gallery_32985_14149_323716.jpeg

notice light chipping applied

another coat of hairspray and then a coat of dinklegrun then a light spray of olivegrun

gallery_32985_14149_38309.jpeg

heavier chipping here... some of the hull red showing through

bottom of the avenger

gallery_32985_14149_509758.jpeg

concrete grey coat and then a little aged white mixed in- mild chipping here

ive sprayed the whole model with gloss varnish and will wait 24 hours or so to begin the rest of the paint job.

I will mask the nose and a hull stripe bbehind aft gunner and will paint these yellow, they will be sponge chipped. After decals I am planning on panel washing and then doing some weathering and streaking.

Archived