501st Arterian armored...ETL

working my way through Shameless...How the heck does one messed up family have so many messed up things go down??? ;)...season 6 has been a trip thus far.

just need to do the stormhammer now and 2635 points will be our comrades!!! I have a bunch of stuff for vow 2...not as much as the first vow but shuold be at least another 700 points or so... I also have 2 knights that I might try and repaint so we will see:)

gallery_32985_14149_387387.jpeg

gallery_32985_14149_562458.jpeg

gallery_32985_14149_501067.jpeg

gallery_32985_14149_594227.jpeg

gallery_32985_14149_772409.jpeg

gallery_32985_14149_374188.jpeg

gallery_32985_14149_637917.jpeg

gallery_32985_14149_569995.jpeg

lol...i did it here as well...

heres the right pic

gallery_32985_14149_180557.jpeg

the trojan was a bear to get straightened out and the hatches... let me not get started about the hatches and my initial desire to have the doors closed...grrrr... Ill be adding some ammo boxes inside now. Ive ordered some track guards and will add stowage and other repair equipment when they arrive.

gallery_32985_14149_343457.jpeg

the russ is going to be new off the factory floor and being rushed to the lines so it will be staying the primer red... i will be modulating the primer.

the trojan has a bunch of green stuff that is not taking the primer yet.. Ill be coming back to it in the morning.

gallery_32985_14149_1034262.jpeg

heres the beginning of the fresh out of the workshop russ - being rushed to the front lines of the battles at the siege, this vehicle has only had the primer applied to its hull.

Ill be adding chalk marks and weathering to it...probably this eve.

Thanks frater...

WF- I’ve wanted to paint up a ruched to the front AFV for awhile. The chalk markings came from a ‘45 jagdtiger that was knocked out outside of Berlin.

Bjorn, the color is looking bronze due to the late night LED lighting;) it’s actually Vallejo primer red with multiple thinned coats with MiG German camo beige and a thinned hull red sprayed in the shadows.

These look promising, but the heavy corrosion makes me wonder if Nurgle has any influence over the guardsmen of this regiment.

The red color you see coming through is the primer paints under the top coat which has been scrapped back by steady action and intensive fighting that the 501st is participating in while defending the approaches to Arteria primes hive at the valley of fûre on Arteria.

The traitor legions have made landfall and are pushing into through the secondary defense rings of the capital city and the 501st are engaging the enemy in viscious block by block defensive battles against overwhelming odds.

The astropathic choir has received a signal from The VIIth legion, “Hold fast, we come.”

Greetings from the beach frater. I’ve been enjoying the progress of the ETL and am excited about some soon to arrive additions to the 501st.

I’ve been toying with adding a fast attack component and have recently come across some Elysian drop sentinels and some DKOK deathriders

Yes we need more Deathriders in the barracks! :D

You'll be in charge of mucking the stables though lion ;)

Although I agree the heavy flamer seems like the best choice in terms of decent damage and auto hitting. Im with WF in the logic of keep them cheap. So Multilasers all the way! Unless you have multiple and the points to spare for heavy flamers :)

Fortunately its super easy to magentise them and Elmo has already done the hard work to show how ;)

Archived