I love Artel but when I tried to make and order last year, I was confronted with high price shipping + taxes and it was just not worth it.

I know it's because of the conflict but sadly I cannot spend that kind of money for 3 miniature (mostly I buy only characters and not entire units).

30 minutes ago, Alby the Slayer said:

I love Artel but when I tried to make and order last year, I was confronted with high price shipping + taxes and it was just not worth it.

I know it's because of the conflict but sadly I cannot spend that kind of money for 3 miniature (mostly I buy only characters and not entire units).

Yes, if you are not making a big order the shipping + VAT is a bit much compared to a single figure price. Shipping from US certainly does not help them lower the costs.

52 minutes ago, Kastor Krieg said:

Oof, it only makes sense that they are producing and storing outside of UA, but I had no idea they ship from the US to EU :|

They're Russian. I don't know the details but they've set up the US warehouse to work around problems with online transactions with EU&US.

18 hours ago, Wispy said:

stormcasty

Please don't mention that Epic fail in this forum :facepalm: It's probably just the shins that make you think that... Nothing else....

They look cool, If only GW made as great fitting models as Artel do ! 

M. 

On 2/22/2023 at 8:48 AM, Alby the Slayer said:

A couple of months ago we lowered the shipping cost to the most of the regions. It`s still higher than it was before the war, and of course EU VAT could be painful (we`re shipping from USA at the moment), but we`re doing our best to keep it as low as possible.

Edited by Jay_from_W

• 5 months later...

Budget Not-Sanguinius

3786637423.jpg

Personally not completely sold on this one, especially with the helmet it gives me too much "Classic" vibes (I'm not sold on the FW bersion either), but I thought that it's worth mentioning that there's yet another 3-party option on the market if someone's looking for a more bulky rendition of the Angel. This is of course not their only release since February, notably there were some Coomer Wyches or definitely not D-D-Doomrider, but I don't feel like spamming release posts, so  if anyone is interested and hasn't heard about Artel so far, just go check their webpage.

• 5 months later...

Not-Sanguinius and Not-Grotesques were discontinued. Considering that Artel described them as "banned", it's possible that both struck a bit too close to home for GW but a quarrel with designers is also on the table (if the banned part is true).  Let's see how it develops in the future and whether more models are affected.

Shame about the not-grotesques. I'm hopeful GW will release a wave for Drukhari- Court of the Archon, Beastmaster Pack, Grotesques. 

But I wanted these available as back-ups in case GW passes up a third opportunity to give us an updated kit.

Now there's no safety net.