Codex Next Week

lonewolf81

How does murderous hurricane tear through hordes?

1D6 per model in a unit

Roll of a 6 they take a mortal wound right?

Is that really super effective?

I mean odds wise anything with 18 or more models is going to get get hit harder than a smite. With some luck you could shred some stuff.

1D6 per model in a unit

20 man units of poxwalkers are perfect targets for murderous hurricane. Granted my rolls were hot but when you roll a ton of 6's it really pays off. I could see it being immensely useful against tyranid and ork hordes, which will suffer even more if they're running units of 30.

1D6 per model in a unit

20 man units of poxwalkers are perfect targets for murderous hurricane. Granted my rolls were hot but when you roll a ton of 6's it really pays off. I could see it being immensely useful against tyranid and ork hordes will suffer even more.

I don't face true hordes all that often so it took me a while but I just did some RNG testing and ok I see the appeal.

It doesn't decimate hordes but it does thin them out quite nicely before the shooting phase even begins...and if you roll hot you can do even better

Will definitely make our pre-game spell selections more flexible

1D6 per model in a unit

It's a corner case like a lot of our stuff. Which is cool IMO

Rubric marines will hate it. They tend to run a single unit at max and a couple of smaller units...

If the unit is 10 models/wounds or less you're always better off smiting due to the potential for super smite. 

Key thing was it sounded like the wording was just "in the shooting phase". So not beginning or "when unit selected to shoot" etc. so we can use it in responce to lightning fast reflexes or the like.

Otherwise what were you looking to pin down word wise?

Well my thought was it removes negative modifiers and when a vehicle is damaged they take the negative modifiers of being bracketed. Not sure exactly the wording of the stratagem or the bracket rule. I was pretty sure it is a "this vehicles counts as..." not "the vehicle is modified to..." Again just a silly idea that popped into my head

Key thing was it sounded like the wording was just "in the shooting phase". So not beginning or "when unit selected to shoot" etc. so we can use it in responce to lightning fast reflexes or the like.

Well my thought was it removes negative modifiers and when a vehicle is damaged they take the negative modifiers of being bracketed. Not sure exactly the wording of the stratagem or the bracket rule. I was pretty sure it is a "this vehicles counts as..." not "the vehicle is modified to..." Again just a silly idea that popped into my head

Ah I get ya, yea its a whole new profile unfortunately.

Ah I get ya, yea its a whole new profile unfortunately.

I thought so, thanks!

1D6 per model in a unit

Super effective? No. But for unit sizes of 12-30 it is 2-5 mortal wounds on average, so better than smite.

Sadly it does not work that way. The brackets change the BS it does not apolu modifiers. So Keen Senses does not help with that. It does help a Razorback moving because it removes the negative modifier of moving with heavy weapons.

No, I get that. I'm in the camp that having index units still "available" after a dex is released is kinda a half assed approach to game design. It bothers me a lot, Im genuinely torn on this. I have been running WG bikers of various flavors for as long as we have been able to. :/

No, I get that. I'm in the camp that having index units still "available" after a dex is released is kinda a half assed approach to game design. It bothers me a lot, Im genuinely torn on this. I have been running WG bikers of various flavors for as long as we have been able to. :/

I loved our Leman Russ Exterminator back in the day, all fluffy me ...

So has anyone noticed if the wolves primaris apothecary does anything new, I've reviews were it mentions that we have all the primaris stuff but haven't found anything about how they work?

In Ashes of Prospero:

As far as I remember, an Ultramarines Primaris Lieutenant is dispatched to Fenris with the Primaris Space Wolves, and remains at the Fang.

Oh well I was probably wrong then, Granted knowing that they exist and knowing the successor are two different things. 

So has anyone noticed if the wolves primaris apothecary does anything new, I've reviews were it mentions that we have all the primaris stuff but haven't found anything about how they work?

In Ashes of Prospero:

As far as I remember, an Ultramarines Primaris Lieutenant is dispatched to Fenris with the Primaris Space Wolves, and remains at the Fang.

Oh well I was probably wrong then, Granted knowing that they exist and knowing the successor are two different things.

No apothecary for us.

No apothecary for us.

Yep. This is another thing that a lot of the reviewers are missing or getting wrong when they say Space Wolves now get ALL the Primaris units. Nothing has changed since last summer when the incomplete list of Primaris units in the Index was amended to state that we got all Primaris units EXCEPT the Apothecary.

There is no "Primaris Apothecary" listed in the units section. Primaris Wolf Priests are Chaplains. Primaris Rune Priests are Librarians. If there was a datasheet for a Primaris Iron Priest, it would be a TechMarine. Apothecaries are still verboten.

No apothecary for us.

Yep. This is another thing that a lot of the reviewers are missing or getting wrong when they say Space Wolves now get ALL the Primaris units. Nothing has changed since last summer when the incomplete list of Primaris units in the Index was amended to state that we got all Primaris units EXCEPT the Apothecary.

There is no "Primaris Apothecary" listed in the units section. Primaris Wolf Priests are Chaplains. Primaris Rune Priests are Librarians. If there was a datasheet for a Primaris Iron Priest, it would be a TechMarine. Apothecaries are still verboten.

Well at the thr Primaris Wolf Priest got Healing Balms as he should for being a Wolf Priest. I think most miss it due to Apothecaries not being very popular but it is an error indeed.

No apothecary for us.

Well at the thr Primaris Wolf Priest got Healing Balms as he should for being a Wolf Priest. I think most miss it due to Apothecaries not being very popular but it is an error indeed.

I probably should have chosen my words better - then again, everyone here pretty much knows the Wolf Priest has always been a blend of Chaplain and Apothecary, heavy on the Chaplain (and inheriting the Chaplain's HQ status rather than the Apothecary's Elite categorization). It's just funny that even the reviewers with a lot of experience playing Space Wolves don't bother to make that distinction when talking about "all" the Primaris units being Wolves-approved in the new Codex.

In Ashes of Prospero:

Makes me wonder if that Lieutenant is also acting as sort of "watch pack" for the big blue...

I probably should have chosen my words better - then again, everyone here pretty much knows the Wolf Priest has always been a blend of Chaplain and Apothecary, heavy on the Chaplain (and inheriting the Chaplain's HQ status rather than the Apothecary's Elite categorization). It's just funny that even the reviewers with a lot of experience playing Space Wolves don't bother to make that distinction when talking about "all" the Primaris units being Wolves-approved in the new Codex.

That is true Brother. Still I believe the addition of Healing Balms is new in the Codex though. And I am a bit sad we don't get to revive Wulfen. I would enjoy the look on myboponents faces after spending a whole turn killing a couple of Wulfen to just see one pop right back in. It would be hilarously trolly (and seeing as Sanguinary Priests get both Apothecary and their own abilities I do fail to see why would the Wolf Priests be unable to do it)

Actually, it'd be kinda crazy if we could resurrect, since that would prime the pump for making a lone wolf ;)

Sadly it wouldn't. Resurected models can be only brought back to a unit that hasn't been wiped out, and Lone Wolf works on a single model. It also happens at the end of your movement phase were you already created a Lone Wolf or you didn't. It would open up to a crazy exploit though, for example for Long Fangs. Let them be reduced to a single model (with am Ancient by them to shoot again), make him a Lone Wolf, and then resurrect his comrades, making a unit of Long Fangs Characters that can't be targeted while raining down heavy weapon hell... Probably that is why we can't resurrect.

Edit:

healing balms were in the index

haven't seen any details on the codex version so cant comment if different

Healing Balms seem to have stayed the same, but I believe with the addendum done after C:SM we had a regular Primaris Chaplain, instead of a Primaris Wolf Priest so he didn't get the access to Healing Balms.

Archived