A Skjald´s tale of the Days of Darkness

Jackalwolf

All the building is done!

Finished my Bjorn conversion, 10 true scale blood claws/deathsworn, the rework of my wulfen pack leader and finished 10 more torsos for a squad of grey hunters as soon as I procure 10 more pairs of true scale legs:

I7McGT8.jpg

9JeJPBy.jpg

9iv5wlo.jpg

S11FACH.jpggQvIPWl.jpg

And detail on the legs of the conversion:

6KZ64en.jpg

Primaris for scale:

E8z7TRA.jpg

Edited by Jackalwolf

This is visionary bits selection and preparation. Well done. Did you cast them in a one part or two part mold? And do you cast the legs individually with a plastic hip attached, or as a complete set?

Thanks mate, I actually casted 5 pairs of legs without a hip since then I could obtain more variety of positions with only 5 pairs. If I did it again I'd probably cast them with the hip, it's a massive pain!

• 2 weeks later...

Finished my two Varagyr thegn with their new loadout, will post the pictures later.

For now here's the revised version of Hvarl. I bought the mini because he looked cool but considering how slow I am painting I thought I might be better off using his bolter and axe on my Arjac so he can be Arjac in 40k and Hvarl in 30k with a quick arm swap since they're magnetised.

0OmVfin.jpg

And here is the diorama it sits in. It represents Arjac and Njal in Ashes of Prospero or Hvarl and Kva the divided during the Burning of Prospero.

edbf7v6.jpg

This is visionary bits selection and preparation. Well done. Did you cast them in a one part or two part mold? And do you cast the legs individually with a plastic hip attached, or as a complete set?

Thanks mate, I actually casted 5 pairs of legs without a hip since then I could obtain more variety of positions with only 5 pairs. If I did it again I'd probably cast them with the hip, it's a massive pain!

In general, does it take long to get a good result with casting

Edited by ranulf the revenant

Hey mate it does take a lot of effort to do a good casting since you need some specialized equipment if you want a good finish with resin.

Finally managed to complete my two Thegns for the Varagyr with the new loadout to make them usable in 40 and 30k and to represent their characters in the series Vikings.

Bjorn Ironside

HBUDjXt.jpg

Rollo Lothbrok

6sHG4RH.jpg

• 1 year later...

Well it's been quite a long time since the last post. Trying to get myself back into the hobby by painting my squad of 10 deathsworn and building another 10 true scale mkiii but for now I realised I never posted the pictures of the finished Varagyr!

Here are the Kingslayers, led by Rollo and Bjorn:

MNafq3t.jpeg

k3zEqEe.jpeg

And here's where the collection sits at:

cyh82jm.jpeg

Edited by Jackalwolf