A Skjald´s tale of the Days of Darkness

Jackalwolf

And the build that kickstarted my passion again for miniatures after more than a year! Thanks to my lovely wife present:

JnFUHQ3.jpg

o0uMRvD.jpg

It's literally meant to carry all the army I have so far (10 Varagyr, Leman, 2 HQs), with the wolves and the Contemptor running alongside it so I really wanted to make it special so I decided to give it a tank commander true scaled like the rest of my army since I found the old mkii tank kit from FW amongst my bits box and some Space wolves symbols that I trimmed and cut to make it look cooler.

And just finished painting the interior. Need to varnish, weather and then heading to the exterior. I'm thinking interior weathering will be quite minimal since the opening will be small and I don't want the detail to be lost.

jstGCvv.jpeg

pdTylaC.jpeg

N6XDCKg.jpeg

Edited by Jackalwolf

• 11 months later...

It’s been a while but a good time as any to rekindle some hobby. Almost there with the core exterior! No doors yet because I was still hoping to find some of the old FW Land Raider custom doors but with the online reseller prices, that seems impossible, so will just get some plain plastic ones.

v6rr87u.jpg

Edited by Jackalwolf

Great stuff.

Thanks mate. I'm incredibly excited because when I finish the tank I will finally have a fully painted 2,000 point Horus Heresy mini elite army.

After this got 30 true scale mkiii wolves and my last two characters to paint to finish the project!

Edited by Jackalwolf

It’s been a while but a good time as any to rekindle some hobby. Almost there with the core exterior! No doors yet because I was still hoping to find some of the old FW Land Raider custom doors but with the online reseller prices, that seems impossible, so will just get some plain plastic ones.

Great to see you back posting, this is a truly spectacular army that would be a crime to go unfinished. I’m hoping the new Heresy release re-invigorates me, as I do have some Thousand Sons I want to finish….

It think the Primaris / Mini marines thing killed my heresy vibe, so am looking forward to an allegedly bigger scale.

I might have some SW doors or be able to source them, you are talking the v1 doors or the really really old ones?

Well, I don't know how I missed this magnificent Space Wolves project, but I did:blush.: I've always had a soft spot for the Sons of Russ, and this army does the Primarch proud:yes: There just aren't enough likes in my arsenal to do justice here. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Fyrir Russ og Alfather:woot:

Awesome stuff

Thanks Triszin!

Well, I don't know how I missed this magnificent Space Wolves project, but I did:blush.: I've always had a soft spot for the Sons of Russ, and this army does the Primarch proud:yes: There just aren't enough likes in my arsenal to do justice here. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Fyrir Russ og Alfather:woot:

Fenris Hjolda! Thank you my friend, a tankard of mead on me.

Great to see you back posting, this is a truly spectacular army that would be a crime to go unfinished. I’m hoping the new Heresy release re-invigorates me, as I do have some Thousand Sons I want to finish….

It think the Primaris / Mini marines thing killed my heresy vibe, so am looking forward to an allegedly bigger scale.

I might have some SW doors or be able to source them, you are talking the v1 doors or the really really old ones?

My dudeeee yes it would be a dream to fight against your 1k sons. Same here, Primaris killed my heresy mojo but now i'm doing them all true scale with primaris size and mkiii so i'm excited again (hope it lasts). 

I was meaning any of these two sets

space_wolves_land_raider_doors_ml.jpg

gw99550101003_1.jpg

I'm wondering which of the two would look best. I've got only the front set carved from one and tried it on and looks cool but would like to see with both:

ZOlceFH.jpg

And it’s done! All bar the doors which I’m still eagerly waiting for. As soon as they’ll here I’ll paint them, then varnish, weather and then install with the method I thought of to make them be able to open and close too.

0UvoWHu.jpg

LKjMxYk.jpg

uxtnatH.jpg

t2iui4d.jpg

4ApFGic.jpg

eRJmwMQ.jpg

Edited by Jackalwolf

Really lovely work on the Spartan, though I do find the lascannons blend in a little, perhaps a secondary metallic and/or some muzzle burns could add a bit more?

Good idea! I did think about adding a secondary metallic colour but I realised I should not have assembled them if I wanted that since it’s impossible now to get to the nooks and crannies to paint it everywhere, but the muzzle burns and chrome effect could work!

• 1 month later...