Cheers thewarriorhunter. Actually I keep seeing bad mistakes and have seen so much better, especially on this forum..

I just use art pens; a 0.05, 0.1 and 0.2 mm. At the end of last year's ETL my old art pens were out so I just usd a sharp pencil. I'm sure I have a WD magazine that shows freehand Ultra symbols on a shoulder pad using a sharp pencil.

Have you painted any more flower shoulder pads lately?

I have not. I decided I don't want that to be the chapter symbol, I'm going to use a dagger instead that I can get transfers made of. Instead the flower is going to be a symbol of valor/bravery/exemplary performance in the face of <insert positive adjective here> that a model or unit will earn in game. That gives me more time to practice and doesn't mean I have to paint as many :D.

• 2 weeks later...

TYYVpjY.jpg

8XznMim.jpg

VjuNMlr.jpg

Finally finished the ltd edition Japan Heroes Reviler. I only got 4 so the rest of that squad will just be made from normal marine kits but on sector Imperialis bases to help them stand out and blend in with the Japan Heroes models.

I see a passable Omnidroid. Will you counter this menace with Primaris Librarian Frozone and the Imperial Knight "Master Incredible"?

Maybe not the Knight but I might have the librarian in my Conclave formation..

Yep! I have a non-GW project at 1/285 scale and I want some rocky reasonably close to that scale :thumbsup:

Actually I forgot to mention: after the texture paint dries (several hours), then I washed the base in Agrax Earthshade, quite heavily. When that was dry I drybrushed with Jokaero Orange.

You can use different wash and drybrush combos to get different effects. I might have to picture that WD article colour chart for you.

The project sounds like some Epic scaled tank battle.

I have not. I decided I don't want that to be the chapter symbol, I'm going to use a dagger instead that I can get transfers made of. Instead the flower is going to be a symbol of valor/bravery/exemplary performance in the face of <insert positive adjective here> that a model or unit will earn in game. That gives me more time to practice and doesn't mean I have to paint as many :biggrin.:.

Valour symbols sound good. Will they be on the leg greaves? The Mk 4 kits have lots of studs on the legs usually.. not much space.

Edited by longjohnsilver

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent work on Brother Garus. Did you green stuff a pompadour for his model?

For the librarian? No. Actually I might name the Librarian conclave after real life mystics, psychics or magicians like Paul Daniels, Bruce Forsythe, David Copperfield, Uri Gelller and Mystic Meg.. But I don't know which will be the two terminator librarians yet.

That's some great freehand! :thumbsup:

The close-up was really making me cringe, so I tried to touch it up a bit. Although the picture looks the same..

qGm7FZ2.jpg

The robot from the DaoT will hopefully soon be joined by more home-made dodgy scratch-built robots. I need the new Necromunda Ambots for that project. Story is in M39 the Crows will assist the Mechanicus in recovering more techno relics from the clutches of hidden corporations in the Halo Stars.

There are more assault marines in the painting area.

jc1ee3f.jpg

vhgHRTj.jpg

A better pose can make the robot look less silly. Suggestions include raising the left arm so it looks like it's about to bring the flail down on a target, and bending the legs so it looks like it's walking or running.

Bloodstains- especially on the flail, to show it's being used- and an appropriately decorated base- maybe with the flail's most recent target's mangled corpse- will also help.

They have to look silly ;-) They're entertainment or construction robots repurposed for war. Wait till you see what I'm doing to some poor, poor cheap chocolate toy leftovers. Actually some of the ones I'm trying to make look seriously disturbing.. At least it's a good way to use up all the spare heavy weapons from vehicle and walker kits. In this case the legs were purely green stuff rolled up, so it would be impossible to shift at this stage. For the next ones I might use the plastic shaft from a clipper lighter for legs; just cut them up and fill with Milliput. They'll look more even hopefully that way.

• 1 month later...

The Fallen Angels were made for the formation in Gathering Storm: Rise of the Primarch. It's taken me that long to get around to painting them. Still a lot to go ;it's Cypher and 12 Fallen for 500 points, which I thought was ridiculously costly but had to be tried out. My opponent has the old metal Cypher so we can take turns using him during the campaign - to represent his duplicitous nature switching between Chaos and the Imperials. Haven't played a game for just under a year now so I'm dying..

oULDHRB.jpg

843AYeF.jpg

IEQ9P99.jpg

• 4 months later...

It's been a while so prepare for a picture dump.

Firstly my two assault marines that I finished for Dawn of Shadows ETL prep event:

hzuZEvP.jpg

And the Fallen Angels with Cypher, which are exactly 500 points for the 7th edition Gathering Storm 3 formation.

Hidden Content

LRwLUwq.jpg

lPdr9oo.jpg

LNys6LG.jpg

ptKsGCN.jpg

BL9FFQK.jpg

This is all I managed for this year's ETL, just 5 tactical marines and a Rhino, which is a shame as I had so much more lined up.

wDNS0Nw.jpg

XiOChvR.jpg

dE1UpWr.jpg

hLhi4Hj.jpg

One of the things I had lined up:

2MMquGx.jpg

And a chaplain who doesn't want to be photographed. Ah well.. hopefully next year!

Thanks Bjorn. Sorry I'm all out of likes for today.

Any thoughts on my newly revealed 'secret project', the Sharky Mcsharkface? I need to do a lot of work on the saddle, make a cogitator, have the driver holding the reins in one hand and an auspex in the other, with the auspex connected to the cogitator machine under the multimelta. The legs are from the Space Wolf Thunderwolf kit.

Hidden Content

6AVShcQ.jpg

8JqG0kY.jpg

Edited by duz_
Removed unrelated content

• 2 weeks later...

No; I was thinking maybe a xenos creature adaption. Maybe they took it from aquatic variant Exodite Eldar on a low grav world where sharks just float around.

It needs to have the harpoons on the back removed and some kind of engine put there to make it look less AoS Sea Elf.

Nearly half-way done on my first ever biker. It's actually fun to paint and I'm trying out a new camo colour scheme for the millionth reserve company detachment, which includes the chapter master. I'm starting to lose count of detachments but I think I'm at 15k of Space Crows, some of which still needs buying / assembling.. and lots and lots of painting.

qonccBw.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
The biker is beautifully painted, but why is he and his bike in different camouflage schemes? Was he previously deployed in a desert (what the bike is camouflaged for), and didn't have time to get his bike repainted before he was redeployed to a forest, choosing to repaint his armor in the limited time available because he expects to fight on foot?

Yeah I think like Dracos said the bikes look better a different colour and it makes it a bit easier to paint. Think of Ultramarines on red bikes or Blood Angels on blue bikes and they'd look good/ contrasting. Also the bases are red Martian sand so the bike better matches the base.

Here's my new battle-mat courtesy of Conquest (the attack bike issue):

EiU9zmP.jpg

• 4 months later...

Unfortunately RL was getting in the way of finishing my entry into the Corax Command painting event.

I only managed to paint a single VV that has Anvil OOP legs and jump packs. Saw them first on Elmo's DA blog in the DA forum so I jumped on the chance to get them when I saw the legs and jump packs in the sales bins at Dark Sphere.

ohB4WxT.jpg

ypLt50b.jpg

FrZDfCa.jpg

The rest of the squad are even better (in terms of components and posing) but I might be compelled to paint an entire IG army before that. It's only 2k in 7th edition terms, so don't worry....

Edited by longjohnsilver