The Las Cannon and Las Talon is indeed the optimum loadout. I've never once regretted not taking the HOG even when facing horde armies.

The Repulsor has had such a mixed reception. People initially wrote it off saying it's like a Landraider, but that was plain wrong as it shares none of the same weaknesses.

Then they complained about the number of weapons, but in fact it's what makes it so deadly despite being a transport. And Heck, it even looks awesome in person and from the most common viewing angles the hover effect over the base is spot on.

I give this unit two thumbs up. It's even better with the cover Strat when going second or if you play with adequate terrain as you can hide it and fly right over on your turn.

Edited by Ishagu

• 2 years later...

I haven't tried one yet. The price hike relative to 9th and the fact it is not Core seem like big nerfs. Having said that, we do have more units now that benefit from Primaris Transports so maybe they have mileage.

I have 2 concerns though. The first is that a Repulsor, DC, Chaplain and Captain are a lot of eggs in one Basket. That is over 600 points which is bound to be a fire magnet. I would run it with smoke launchers to help protect that investment.

The second is that the increased damage output in 9th means it won't last long. Maybe consider running other armoured targets like (DC) Dreads at the same time. If your opponents focus down the Repulsor, there is a better chance of the Dreads arriving in good shape to hit things. If they shoot the Dreads, you benefit from their Duty Eternal rule and there is a better chance of the Repulsor delivering its cargo.

As Karhedron says above. Because with no longer having FLY, you'll most likely have to deploy them in open LoS if you want to deliver the cargo onto an objective to claim for turn 2. And a 5++ in the melta meta means it will be popped in one turn as often as not.

Struggling to find a place for them now.

Edit: confused 5++ with impulsor

Edited by Shaezus

No invuln save, 3+ for the price of a land raider, makes it hard to want to include one. Anti-tank will slice through it. It does have all the keywords though:smokescreen, machine spirit, and repulsor field. So it has a fair amount of tricks, and two tanks worth of shooting. If you can throw a 5++ on it with psychic shenanigans it should hold out ok. The problem is, even ap-1 will get damage through pretty easily, so your opponent doesn't really need super AP. It's biggest strength is T8, but that can be countered with things that auto-wound, which we are seeing more of.

I imagine they will see more play once heavy intercessors become a thing. Even though that unit mostly wants to turtle on your own objectives, they could be equally annoying in their opponents board edge.

I came close to buying one for my indomitus marines, but the more I think about it, two impulsors would probably be better all around. Saves you 100 points for list building, splits targets, more likely that at least one will actually drop off it's contents, 5++ without psychic powers, can drop off units after moving(no charge, but great for objectives, or if you are transporting a shooty unit), doesn't take up a heavy support slot, is 4" faster, between the two of them their guns roughly match the small arms output of the Repulsor.

It depends on who your opponent is. I ran one (full las load out) that carried my three flamestorm aggressors, captain, and an ancient. I was playing against Black Legion. It did quite well and lived through the whole game. On the other hand I played my other friend who tends to run his Imperial Fists, and .... not so well ;)

The points drop was nice. It can be an excellent unit that gives you good options, but that depends a lot on who you are playing.

A lot depends on your list. If it is your only vehicle then well it won't be for long. If you got another 2 T7/T8 vehicles it can do some good. Load it up with something cheap like assault intercessors or auto bolt intercessors, push it on the flank and you've got good little threat not so much to get focused by whole opponent army but just enought to disturb his/hers plan. 

I wouldn't apply rule of 2 for repulsor just because it such a big point investment. I think best other 2 vehicles are impulsors loaded with DC intercessors/BGV or HQ's instead of 2nd repulsor. 

About loudout I would take full dakka, las is good but melta units are better for us. For las you need techmarine to push it's bs to 2+.