New units - Primaris Marines and the Space Wolves

Splog

I know this might be silly, but I would've liked them to at least rename the primaris units in our codex. I just don't think the rout would be calling a unit 'intercessors' or 'aggressors' - those names sound waaaay too codex compliant.

Even something small to show how the primaris have adapted and integrated into SW culture would've been nice. Instead we got a bunch of lame copy/paste datasheets. :(

I agree, but as the Primaris units are new, let's give Russ' sons some time to think up new names. (My suggestions: "Grey Slayers" for Intercessors, reusing a term for the 13th Great Company's equivalents of Grey Hunters; and "Bear Claws" for Aggressors.)

I was thinking White Slayers would be a good name for Hellblasters. Like, Agressors make sense if you think of them as the final destination for Long Fang aged Space Wolves, Hellblasters would be something inbetween that and Intercessors.

Inceptors, Bloodhowlers, easy

Reivers... Nightrunners? Stormclaws?

Agressors and Intercessors is where i get tripped up for names.

I was thinking White Slayers would be a good name for Hellblasters. Like, Agressors make sense if you think of them as the final destination for Long Fang aged Space Wolves, Hellblasters would be something inbetween that and Intercessors.

I think of Aggressors as Primaris equivalents of Terminators. For the Primaris equivalent of Long Fangs, how about calling the Hellblasters "Tuskers"? (The term refers to bull elephants, which are related to mammoths, which can be found on Fenris.)

I want a rename too!

Like what if you called the Inceptors Bloodhowlers or something, in honour of Sven Bloodhowl, the Wolf Lord Who Liked Jump Packs.

Aa tribute to the list great wolf company.inceptors are henceforth known as " fire howlers"

hellblasters

helblasters

howlblasters

helhowlers

helhellers

I want a rename too!

Like what if you called the Inceptors Bloodhowlers or something, in honour of Sven Bloodhowl, the Wolf Lord Who Liked Jump Packs.

Aa tribute to the list great wolf company.inceptors are henceforth known as " fire howlers"

fire howelrs might be a good name for the flamer wielding aggressors too. iron howlers when its got bolters?

man i want to lose the primaris names so bad.

hellblasters

helblasters

howlblasters

helhowlers

helhellers

I want a rename too!

fire howelrs might be a good name for the flamer wielding aggressors too. iron howlers when its got bolters?

man i want to lose the primaris names so bad.

Helfangs.

for helblasters

-----------

Inceptors would be

Storm Howlers or Storm Claws

(storm wolf, storm fang, sky claws)

------------

and aggressors are

wrath badgers

XD

Not specific to Space Wolves, but it would be good to see a standard ‘ship boarder’ unit. What do you think this should look like? My take:

Breachers

* The standard Primaris unit for boarding spaceships, fighting through their corridors, and seizing control of the ship. Large shields with an access point for using their auto bolt rifles, or resorting to stabbing with their short swords.

* Elites

* 5-10 in a unit

* Standard Primaris stats

* Frag and Krak grenades

* Auto bolt rifles

* Breacher shields (increases saves to 2+ and gives 6++)

* Gladius (as chainsword)

* Melta bombs (for breaching bulkheads, hatches etc)

Reivers....wraith hunters? Storm heralds?

Fenrisian Draugen

Are you talking about Draugr (plural Dragun/Draugan)? As in zombies? I would think something like Ulfhednar would be more appropriate, shock troops pretty much.

No, mean it more as a derivative of Draugr to denote ghosts

https://seeksghosts.blogspot.com/2014/01/norwegian-ghost-folklore.html

Fits well with the seas of Fenris plus a surprise aspect fitting their background.

• 2 months later...

What are people's thoughts on the Redemptor now that CA has dropped?

The dakka build has come down by more than 40 points and can now be had for as little as 155 points yet still provides 26 anti-infantry shots at 12" or 22 at 24".

Previously something toting a TLAC such as a Razorback would be my go-to infantry shredder but I think the Redemptor is now looking competitive for wounds and weight of fire. It also helps that Dreads benefit from our Chapter Trait. Hitting on 2s with that fist is always nice.

What are people's thoughts on the Redemptor now that CA has dropped?

The dakka build has come down by more than 40 points and can now be had for as little as 155 points yet still provides 26 anti-infantry shots at 12" or 22 at 24".

Previously something toting a TLAC such as a Razorback would be my go-to infantry shredder but I think the Redemptor is now looking competitive for wounds and weight of fire. It also helps that Dreads benefit from our Chapter Trait. Hitting on 2s with that fist is always nice.

Im still pretty cold on it. The RB thing comparison is a good one but to me the RB has so much utility aside from just killing power. I'm also fortunate enough to have slowly accumulated a good number of our FW options in my Aett so id prefer to run a Sicaran battle or assault tank for those points and role.

Its also an aesthetic thing for me though too so YMMV.

Archived