New units - Primaris Marines and the Space Wolves

Splog

I don't think we need to rename Primaris units to match our theme. Primaris are in the early stages of development, and there isn't room for chapter specific units.

IMO Primaris are a throwback to pre-heresy crusades. Everyone had tactical Marines, devastators, assault, etc. Then we had our unique units, some legions more than others. Once most of the Primaris fill out the majority of the battle roles I hope GW makes chapter specific units, that are truely unique. We already have "Primaris-scale" Wulfen, which may be our version of "cult of morkai".

Then there is characters, we already know that they are just going to Primaris the current characters like Calgar. I suspect Ragnar is our first Primaris character, except as people said already his "drop pods BC assault" doesn't match his MO yet.

So I just think GW just needs to expand the Primaris range. It I along overdue. We need a true dedicated melee units and transports for the wolves. As for names, why? Pre heresy the SWs had tactical marines and not Grey Hunters, and we were just fine back then.

So I just think GW just needs to expand the Primaris range. It I along overdue. We need a true dedicated melee units and transports for the wolves. As for names, why? Pre heresy the SWs had tactical marines and not Grey Hunters, and we were just fine back then.

Just to be that guy, Tactical Squads were quickly phased out as Russ introduced his style of leadership in favor of Grey Slayers

I don't think we need to rename Primaris units to match our theme. Primaris are in the early stages of development, and there isn't room for chapter specific units.

IMO Primaris are a throwback to pre-heresy crusades. Everyone had tactical Marines, devastators, assault, etc. Then we had our unique units, some legions more than others. Once most of the Primaris fill out the majority of the battle roles I hope GW makes chapter specific units, that are truely unique. We already have "Primaris-scale" Wulfen, which may be our version of "cult of morkai".

Then there is characters, we already know that they are just going to Primaris the current characters like Calgar. I suspect Ragnar is our first Primaris character, except as people said already his "drop pods BC assault" doesn't match his MO yet.

Just to be that guy, Tactical Squads were quickly phased out as Russ introduced his style of leadership in favor of Grey Slayers

No true Child* of Russ goes into a fight without a melee weapon. It's just not the Fenrisian way.

*Son or Daughter; I think the population gap of Mark of the Wulfen to the modern fluff might be intended towards that, or at least, explains it

Danes, Norse, Celt, ... All of the Children of the North and Snow in the European area were very well known for at the very least having a passable level of skill in their own society at melee. It was when they left that their skill was noticed. Yes, in WH40K all C/SM stats and training are equivalently the same; that's kinda the fun part, if any Legion, then Chapter after, is known for being a solid mix of melee and ranged it's the Wolves.

That's a unique unit that is atypical to most of the crusade legions, and i believe it is still an option in HH to take tacticcal squads. I think if GW said "SW's can have reivers and aggressors but not intercessors" than SW's would whine that its unfair. Right now we are in a growth pains. It's noticeable right now, and I disagree how they did this whole primaris thing, but its what we have been dealt. Personally I think they should have released more models earlier on. Those who hate Primaris will never like primaris, no matter what GW does. Those that are interested or like primaris but not their loadouts are the ones to suffer by this long wait. 

No true Child* of Russ goes into a fight without a melee weapon. It's just not the Fenrisian way.

*Son or Daughter; I think the population gap of Mark of the Wulfen to the modern fluff might be intended towards that, or at least, explains it

Danes, Norse, Celt, ... All of the Children of the North and Snow in the European area were very well known for at the very least having a passable level of skill in their own society at melee. It was when they left that their skill was noticed. Yes, in WH40K all C/SM stats and training are equivalently the same; that's kinda the fun part, if any Legion, then Chapter after, is known for being a solid mix of melee and ranged it's the Wolves.

Long Fangs would like a word.

Check their unit entry. Likely outdated now but even in 8th I thought they still have a chainsword.

Long Fangs and the Long Fang Pack Leader are each armed with a boltgun, bolt pistol, frag grenades, and krak grenades. The Long Fang Pack Leader is also armed with a chainsword.

I still think

Reivers could be

" Jackal Wolves"

Inceptors

Storm Jotuns

Storm fangs

Doing what though? This is just turning our codex into http://tomhaverfoods.com/

just as a "background" thing. we keep the "reiver" name in the rule books. but in the background, refer to them as jackal wolves or something.

Archived